• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima at San Diego ComicCon

Apparently he was there with the MGS4 senior producer http://www.wii60.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3028

I basically gave him [the senior producer] an interview while he was picking out T-shirts, Kojima was off doing the same thing aboiut 5 feet away. Hedidnt seem to notice I was talking to him. I talked to him for about 10-15mins. Heres what I found out.

- No way it will fit on a DVD9. Wouldnt give me a number as how big the game will be. Said he couldnt do that, and nothing is been confirmed as how big the final game will be, cause "there still making it." But went on about how Sony is pushing HD content and in no way will it be possible to fit it on a normal DVD, and BD is totally necessary for MGS4.(he kept calling it BD) I brought up compression, but he didnt seem like he liked that idea. Forgot what he said. Basically they dont want to do that. I dunno. This lead into a question about resolution.

-MGS4 will be 1080. Im assuming 1080p, but he said 1080. He said Sony is "forcing" them to do it in 1080. He hesitated when he said this. Im thinking he could not find the right word, and chose to say "forcing." But didnt really mean that. As he continued to talk about it I assumed he meant "pushing". So anotherwards Sony is really pushing for 1080p on MGS4, and he said thats what it will be.

- wouldnt reveal whos grave it is. said you will have to wait and see.

-Expect MGS4 to be in playable form next E3. He gave me a "hint" as he put it, and said to expect it to follow like all the MGS games have done in the past. In that they were always shown in playable form for the first time in the same year they were released. Which all happened to be at E3. so its releasing in 2007, so expect it at the 07 E3. I sugested TGS but this is what he told me

- still learning the PS3 A lot of things are moving along nicely, but they are also struggling with other things. Because of this he told me this is the biggest MGS team ever, and they have tons of people working on the game. Since its a next gen PS3 game. Made it seem like it was kinda hard to develope on PS3 thus far.

-Tilt controller might be used for cracking necks. I asked him about the tilt controller, and he said there testing a lot of things out. I said how I thought it would be really cool if you could crack guards necks with the controller. He laughed and sai another team member came up with the same idea, and there testing it out. He kept reiterating the fact, "ther estill making it"

Kojima has idea's about another ZOE wouldnt confirm anything. But said he thought Kojima wanted to do another one, but is busy with MGS4 right now. Didnt know wether he meant there are already plans for a next ZOE, or already has ideas for it. Whastever it is, it means will will most liekly see a ZOE3 sometime in the future.

comicconpictures007ic0.jpg

Surreal

No, Kojima no! Make it 720p/60FPS with sex for graphics. I don't want bland 1080p. Who has a 1080p TV anyways?! :(

p.s. controller neck cracking is good idea, sounds fun.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
cool. not too much info, but the cracking necks thing is interesting

Vyse The Legend said:
It's
The Boss'
grave. It's painfully obvious. Good information all-round though. :)

why would Solid Snake care about
The Boss
?

Belfast

Cracking necks would be fun...hold down a button to "grip" the enemy and then twist the controller like you're turning sharp with a steering wheel. Hell, just CQC in general could be pretty fun with the technology.

llTll

Banned
very good overall. i cant really wait.

i am only sad though it seems there is no playable MGS4 in TGS.

also ZOE3 for the win.

Wollan

I wonder if the playable demo will be multiplayer or singleplayer. There's nothing that brings such good laughs as a bunch of people playing MGS online together, it's hilarious(in a good way).

Remember how Microsoft gave Kojima a message? It was the "Jump In" ad with "Dear Mr. Kojima" right before the phrase.

Maybe ZOE3 is to be on 360? Please oh please? That'd be so goddamn tight.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Belfast said:
Cracking necks would be fun...hold down a button to "grip" the enemy and then twist the controller like you're turning sharp with a steering wheel. Hell, just CQC in general could be pretty fun with the technology.
yeah, that does sound like fun. maybe too fun? jack tompson anyone? :lol

Amir0x

Banned
1080p for MGS4? What the!?

I bet anything that changes by the time it launches. It'll be 720p with, like, 30fps. God, I hope... steady framerate PLEASE.

Wollan

I think developers who make 1080p games for PS3 will start to have graphical alterations between the settings beside just the resolution. Let's say the 720p mode gets 4x aa instead of 2x, better shadows and such. Maybe some will even go for different texture sets.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
He could be talking about 1080i.

then again, i could be wrong....not trying to get my hopes up about mgs4 so it's the best experience possible ;)

Amir0x

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
He could be talking about 1080i.

then again, i could be wrong....not trying to get my hopes up about mgs4 so it's the best experience possible ;)

that's a possibility i guess

Monk

Banned
I think that the cracking necks things is just too good of an idea. I can imagine trying the cracking thing out in real life with their friends. Then a kid dies and Jack Thompson will be all over it and the game will be banned. :/

MGS4 & ZOE3... its basically just KojimaStation3 to me at this point

and why the **** wasnt he at comic-con all those years i lived in san diego. bastard.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
AlanHemberger said:
no 360 version cofirmed :(

Don`t tell me you`re surprised. You should have been expecting this from day one.

goldenpp72

I imagine 2 dvd's is cheaper then 1 blu ray disc, so that's not important, as for the rest, its typical pimp the platform im on stuff. I imagine some developer on the 360 is gonna be like "well without the dvd seek times bla bla bla"

mikeGFG

Banned
Plausible information I supose... but the idea of some random kid grilling Hideo Kojima and co. for the scoop on MGS4 doesnt sit right with me

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is it just me, or does Kojima look strangely like a japanese John Stamos in that photo?

Rody

TheTrin said:
Is it just me, or does Kojima look strangely like a japanese John Stamos in that photo?

I think he looks sexy.
And by "sexy" I mean "extremely gay".

llTll

Banned
AlanHemberger said:
no 360 version cofirmed :(

:lol
the guy made fun of xbox 360 in the TGS when " Cell is the key to win the war " in MGS4 trailer.

and you expect a xbox 360 version :) ?

honestly, this, VF5, Tekken, FF13, DMC4, RR7, Ace Combat 6 probably ZOE3 and dream of new Twisted Metal are more than enough to spend 500$ on the PS3. i really think i should start saving for it as i only have 300$ so far :D [ bought my 360 and 2 games with it]

by the time ps3 is out, i will be around 900$ of saving at least. its good for one console, 2 years warrenty, 2 games i think. and extra controller. :D

Amir0x

Banned
VF5, MGS4, GT5 and DMC4 being PS3 exclusive force me to buy it down the line, damn it all. I guess I shouldn't be mad, it'll be a good system I'm sure when I can afford it. But *sigh*, cash and all. I love my sequels :D

element

if they can retain that visual quality and hit 1080p with the RAM limitations, I'd be really impressed and say they made a deal with the devil.

lamotia

monkeymagic said:
Made it seem like it was kinda hard to develope on PS3 thus far.

wow, if Kojima Productions are having a difficult time developing on the PS3 I cannot imagine what it is like for the other developers.

Wollan

lamotia said:
wow, if Kojima Productions are having a difficult time developing on the PS3 I cannot imagine what it is like for the other developers.

It's probably more like "we're having trouble controlling this black hole" than "4x aa is difficult to obtain".

lamotia said:

Well early development on a brand new architecture isnt smooth sailing for anyone at this juncture. Even the big guns have their growing pains adjusting to the paradigm shift. Id bet PS1 > PS2 was even worse for them on some levels.

Elios83

lamotia said:

At the beginning it's difficult for everyone.
Kojima's team had nightmares with MGS2 on PS2.During an interview at the beginning of the MGS2 development Kojima even said he was disappointed by the hardware because his team at that time still had to learn how to use the two vector units in the Emotion Engine.

dalyr95

Some good news, I'm surprised by the fact that Sony are "forcing" the 1080, I'd thought they'd leave their flagship title in the capable hands of Kojima.

I'd imagine the game will get much better looking by next e3, as the general trend with devs is they develop the game on the PPE and then move the tasks out to the SPEs

I don't think they've mentioned how they've utilised the CELL engine so far

So I don't doubt Kojima can get at least 1080i

Mike G.E.D. said:
Plausible information I supose... but the idea of some random kid grilling Hideo Kojima and co. for the scoop on MGS4 doesnt sit right with me

Agreed. Sony's not even pushing their devs to go with 1080p with their first party games so I really doubt they're going to go to Kojima and start trying to get him to do it with MGS4.

And what a mess that forum is. :/

Zaptruder

Banned
element said:
if they can retain that visual quality and hit 1080p with the RAM limitations, I'd be really impressed and say they made a deal with the devil.

I'd say if this happens we'd have our Silent Hill old man for the generation in short order!

Striek

Seems like a fairly unbiased interview, especially coming from a 'Wii60' forum.

But that the guy registered at that forum (2 posts total) for the express purpose of posting a MGS4 topic is disconcerting.

I would not be surprised if the interview is real because its all plausible, fwiw.

Top Bottom