• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima at San Diego ComicCon

fart

Savant
OPERATION GET KOJIMA SATURDAY CONCLUSION:

-spent 3 hours trying to park
-encountered 4 hour long line for con admissions
+troops overcame this delay by superior strategy
-did not Get Kojima
+did hang around konami booth several times during the day
+encountered a large koji igarashi, who was not kojima, but looked very confused

OPERATION GET KOJIMA SUNDAY OUTLOOK:

-the troops are hesitant to undertake this operation
-may be replaced by operation barbeque while sitting by the nearest fan

Mrbob

ypo said:
Why not? If Oblivion can fit on a DVD every game ever made from here on to eternity should be able to. And yet MGS4 can't, that's pure lazyness to me.

Oh shit here comes the Oblivion card. Maybe every game can use speedtree to emulate huge unpopulated boring forests.

ypo said:
Oblivion has like 100 hours of gameplay that's 7gb/100=20 MB per hour. MG4'll probably has 20 hours of gameplay so it's 70 MB*20= 1.4 GB. More proof!

Great logic.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
ypo said:
Oblivion has like 100 hours of gameplay that's 7gb/100=20 MB per hour. MG4'll probably has 20 hours of gameplay so it's 70 MB*20= 1.4 GB. More proof!

OH SHIT! That thar tree A.I. IS ASTONISHING!

Of course, if any future game were released that took up more space than Oblivion it would cause the entire universe to fold in on itself.

Well by the time PS3 is released there will be a lot of HDtv sets that Do 1080p!

So Konami bring it on!!!

I have not yet bought a HD tv yet so I will wait until I can get my hands on a 1080p tv set

And I doubt that MGS4 WONT run smooth in 1080p, Konami will Do everything they can for it to run as smooth in 1080 as it would in 720p

M3wThr33

Banned
Oldschoolgamer said:
OH SHIT! That thar tree A.I. IS ASTONISHING!
I always love that claim. It was made ONCE and then put into the game.

Also, I love everybody building a list to get a console they don't want. It's the stupidest claim ever. The console price is a ONE-TIME fee. You buy a console for the GAMES on it, not the power. If you want the exclusives, just buy it. Don't keep forcing yourself to make these games sour grapes. Christ.

jjasper

alterego said:
mgs4ch1.png
That might be the best looking shot so far. That is amazing.

gimmmick

ypo said:

:lol

MGS4 POSSIBLE ON DREAMCAST!

People never stop with the "OMG, Oblivion is the biggest game ever!!!! Filesize!!!!!" angle do they?

It has a large game-world (and lots of voice work), yes (but nothing compared to a mmo and supposedly FFXII's is larger which isn't hard to believe after watching some of Red Scarlet's vids), but that is hardly the only consideration.

There doesn't need to be a new ZOE until Murata is free to work on it. He's busy with MGS4 right now. He was the main guy behind ZOE2 so he needs to be the director of a new ZOE if there ever is another one. After ZOE2 was complete he did an interview where he said that as they got closer to the release of games they were coming up with more and more ideas for the series that they either couldn't fit in due to time restrictions or because the system wasn't up to doing what they wanted.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
ypo said:

Tetris 5kb/Unlimited hours of gameplay

einstein_tongue2.jpg

DO THE MATH !!!!!

Just search for "FFXII english site now open" or whatever. On the final few pages there are some pretty huge videos posted.

...and there is very little empty space in the game world (as usual, the monster design is SPECTACULAR)

Feindflug

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Just search for "FFXII english site now open" or whatever. On the final few pages there are some pretty huge videos posted.

...and there is very little empty space in the game world (as usual, the monster design is SPECTACULAR)

Thanks bro! :)

Top Bottom