• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's Seiken Densetsu remake (Final Fantasy Adventure) is on Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://www.jp.playstation.com/tgs/games/01.html

S-E still hasn't announced details on the upcoming remake of SD1 yet, but it looks like it'll be on a Playstation platform at least. It's listed as part of the Playstation booth at TGS there, with video only. The details of the remake will be formally announced at midnight tomorrow in Japan, so it'll be another 27 hours before we know for sure. Vita? PS4? If it's a mobile title like some people suspect, given the marketing they're doing with Rise of Mana, then Vita would not be surprising.

Takao

Banned
That's the Vita part of SCEJA's TGS site. Most likely iOS/Android/Vita.

Vita's biggest supporters are now Bandai Namco and Square Enix. It is Wonder Swan 2.

woopWOOP

That's the one with the huge tower and all the trippy rooms/overworlds, right?

Never finished that one as I lost my cartridge :[

Dremark

Banned
sörine;178884659 said:
Isn't think the 4th remake? They should try remaking 2-3 some time.

I believe it's the third. Honestly I'd rather they actually make a new game in the series which is actually good, but since they don't seem capable of that I guess a remake of a good game is the best we can hope for.

Lothar

Banned
I hope it's better than Sword of Mana. I loved FFA, hated Sword of Mana. They changed the mood and story for the worse. Turned something that felt dark and gritty and depressing to a cheesy saturday morning kids cartoon.

If this is Sword of Mana GBA Remake then I am hyped. I have very fond memories of the game and my forum name was also based on the main villain being called Dark Lord.

A remake of that old and clunky GB game that was the prequel to the sublime Secret of Mana? Is that true? Sounds great on paper!

Syntsui

Instead of a FF XII remaster we get a Seiken Densetsu remake? Who even wanted this? This is not even aa real Final Fantasy, I'm speechless.

A remake of that old and clunky GB game that was the prequel to the sublime Secret of Mana? Is that true? Sounds great on paper!
This can lead to the revival of the series. I don't see any reason to complain here.

Instead of a FF XII remaster we get a Seiken Densetsu remake? Who even wanted this? This is not even aa real Final Fantasy, I'm speechless.
I am sure XII remaster will be released but that announcement is likely being saved for the anniversary next year.

Aw, damn, Vita? In that small amount of time we were unsure of what Playstation platform it was, I was hoping it was going to be a home one. Meh. Looks like I got yet another game to check off my list of upcoming titles that interest me.

Lundren

Banned
That's the one with the huge tower and all the trippy rooms/overworlds, right?

Never finished that one as I lost my cartridge :[

That was the SaGa game. Called The Final Fantasy Legend.

This is the Mana game called Final Fantasy Adventure.

Vandole

I loved the game. I loved the series (first four games anyway). That said, I have no interest in playing it again. If anyone hasn't played a version of the game yet cross your fingers that it comes to the West because it's a blast, but I just don't see myself going through it again.

pastrami

I would buy the original GB version for Vita in a heartbeat (I still have my cartridge somewhere). Hope this remake turns out better than Sword of Mana.

Instead of? Lol don't worry that is coming too. Don't pretend like they won't remake and remaster every single thing they have.

Cornbread78

SaGa (Final Fantasy Legend) 2 and 3 both had remakes on DS.

Missed those two, lol. Would've been nice to play on VITA.

I wonder if all these Square announcements of PS4/Vita exclusives has anything to do with that TR nightmare? I love these recent decisions by SE, but..

Dremark

Banned
If this is Sword of Mana GBA Remake then I am hyped. I have very fond memories of the game and my forum name was also based on the main villain being called Dark Lord.

Main Villian?
I was thrown for a loop back when I killed him in a boss battle and Julius took his place. I think even today that would be a surprise but back then it wasn't even thinkable.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about Sword of Mana at all, but then, the original GB game is my favorite Seiken Densetsu title, so I'm a little biased.

It was my favorite GB game too. I skipped the remake as I did some reason was under the impression they drastically changed the story (specifically what I discussed above). Was it really that bad though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom