• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's Seiken Densetsu remake (Final Fantasy Adventure) is on Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

crinale

Did they remove it from the site? It isn't there anymore.

By the way, when did this become a remake? I can't find any sources claiming it is a remake.

IIRC Dengeki or some magazine revealed it is going to be the remake (and they'd like to do the same to 2 & 3 if possible, ultimately reading to 5).
Anyway details are to be revealed at 17th Sept. 0:00 GMT+9 (11 hrs from now).

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/873/873246/
The above link is about Saga & Rise of Mana but also mentioned about OG FFA, 2 & 3.
(The guys is saying they want to make all of those playable on modern platform).

Just for example. In the beginning of FFA, it's very sad, you're a slave, fighting monsters for the entertainment of others, and your best friend dies, which makes you finally try to escape. In sword, instead of playing sad music and the characters being sad at the beginning, they're joking around and laughing, talking about how it's the 10th time they've tried to escape and last time they were caught they went a whole day without food. Your best friend doesn't die and bothers you the whole game as an annoying teenager with a dumb accent. Just going off of memory.

Wow. The rest of it still seemed dark though.

CamHostage

Sorry, I got a little lost in this thread with the removals and such and don't remember there being such news... is the Seiken Densetsu / Final Fantasy Adventure / Final Fantasy Gaiden / Sword of Mana remake actually announced for Vita? Or are we going off some pieces that haven't added up to a confirmation yet?

EDIT- Thanks, mao2!

mao2

Sorry, I got a little lost in this thread with the removals and such and don't remember there being such news... is the Seiken Densetsu / Final Fantasy Adventure / Final Fantasy Gaiden / Sword of Mana remake actually announced for Vita? Or are we going off some pieces that haven't added up to a confirmation yet?
Square Enix announced that they're remaking Seiken Densetsu a while back, but they didn't say anything about the platform(s). Just yesterday, PlayStation Japan listed this game for Vita on their TGS website, but later removed it.

I'm perfectly fine with SQEX never ever remaking Secret of Mana ... and Chrono Trigger.
What they can do, is releasing Secret of Mana 2 on VC/PSN!

Will keep an eye on this, i love the Mana series ... although i still have this bad image of those mediocre to bad Mana games on PS-platforms or the GBA remake.
Any chance that this might release on anything else besides Vita? I haven't used mine in ages ... how about a digital release for PS4/Wii U? Or another "NX slip-up"?

That was the SaGa game. Called The Final Fantasy Legend.

This is the Mana game called Final Fantasy Adventure.

yeah my first reaction was to think this was a SaGa remake before it sank in

I'd much rather have that. also I'm still bummed the SaGa 2 remake never came out in the west

e: also you people who want Secret of Mana remakes are monsters

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looks like we're never going to get it in English.

raven777

55F985474E534C0015

crinale

Currently they don't have time for it but after Vita version is complete they'll consider porting it to PS4 too (as the budget title obviously) depending on the demand, so says the Dengeki article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom