• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online New TGS Gameplay video

fritzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aMKCGVVMo&feature=youtu.be

METAL GEAR ONLINE is scheduled to launch on 6th Oct 2015 (Tue) PST
CPF-KcEVAAQWadW.jpg:small

dc89

I'm working away from home for an entire month come the end of September.
Please don't pull the servers in that month.

SJRB

Gold Member
That was really, really awesome. Love the buddy system and the "Army of Two" concept it brings.

DD plush is OP as hell, haha.

It does, but it doesn't look as good in the non-rehearsed footage. We'll have to see how it pans out.

My guess is that once it clicks with people and they get used to everything, it'll be really fun. I'm predicting a really weird and crazy few days to a week until things fall into place.

Alienous

My guess is that once it clicks with people and they get used to everything, it'll be really fun. I'm predicting a really weird and crazy few days to a week until things fall into place.

I don't know. 16 players with the kind of map design we've seen so far seems like it will devolve into more of what we've seen from the TGS gameplay, rather than anything strategic. The kind of team co-ordination on display in this video isn't seen outside of games with a far smaller player count, like The Last of Us' multiplayer.

We'll see but I'm not convinced.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Looks cool, but as always with so many random things you can do I expect it to be far more chaotic online. Playing as a team will likely go straight out the window for most people who will want to run and gun till the cows come home.

2016?
It comes out in October.

Ah PC, missed that.

I don't know. 16 players with the kind of map design we've seen so far seems like it will devolve into more of what we've seen from the TGS gameplay, rather than anything strategic. The kind of team co-ordination on display in this video isn't seen outside of games with a far smaller player count, like The Last of Us' multiplayer.

We'll see but I'm not convinced.

Don't take any footage of people playing games at game shows to heart, it's new and people have zero time to get used to anything before having to switch for the next people. There's a reason why when we see videos on game floors the person showing off the game almost always sucks at it.

Servbot24

Banned
Looks great. I hope stealth gameplay is a big part of it. Nothing is quite as exciting as drawn out sniper battles in MGS. :)

Walpurgis

Banned
I really like the bounty idea. It adds an extra layer of strategy to a really basic mode that I normally don't play in games. The buddy system is also really cool, especially with how flexible it is (salute emotes are just awesome). The class system looks great and the maps look huge. All in all, this looks awesome. I can't wait to play it next month.

I almost forgot. I think I spotted what may be server browsers. In the beginning when he was going through the menus, there was
  • Automatch
  • Select Match
  • Create Match
I can't think of anything else that select match might mean. I hope my twitter spam paid off.

Xanathus

20009b3cd5.jpg

If you spot this plushie with your binoculars, you'll become charmed by it and be unable to move. Brilliant.

I think you only get charmed if you are zoomed close and long enough to mark it so it should be fairly easy to quickly look away the moment you spot it. I wonder what happens if you place the plushie right next to yourself while you're sniping, whether the enemy is forced to mark the plushie along with yourself.

Drencrom

Looks amazing, non-lethal matches will be fun.

Also, really glad there's a char creator and that your avatar is brought over.

Foffy

Banned
Why did he specifically claim it goes live for everyone in October when very clearly the PC version is not part of this?

Top Bottom