• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATTACK ON TITAN (PS4/PS3/PSV) - New Offscreen gameplay (3D Maneuver gear)

ZhugeEX

Banned
Image2418-585x300.jpg

Koei Tecmo shared new footage and screenshots of its upcoming Attack on Titan game for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita during a stage event at the Tokyo Game Show.

The game will follow the entire story of the anime’s first season. To kill a titan, you must slice the nape of its neck, but you’ll also be able to severe its other body parts like its arms and legs in the process. You’ll unite with NPC characters in taking out titans.

Confirmed playable characters include Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, and Jean. Confirmed stages include “Plains,” “Giant Tree Forest,” “Communications Base,” and “Barracks.”

Attack on Titan is due out for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in Japan this winter, and in North America and Europe in 2016.

HIGHLIGHT GAMEPLAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw7QdgF_90M

FULL GAMEPLAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmX__Pq0KYI&feature=youtu.be

Full trailer- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1Nk2wwqnc

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/attack-titan-tgs-2015-screenshots-stage-event-gameplay

hope pop in is settled later on

at least for the PS4 versions :/

it also seems that attacks are automated to a specific spot as long as you dive towards that area

Bladenic

Is it me or has KT been on some insane hot streak lately? They collabed with Nintendo and SE on their two biggest franchises (seemingly out of nowhere) with a sequel to DQH coming (and probably HW eventually), now they're doing Attack on Titan, and they have that cool looking game on PS4 too.

Edit: or should I say Omegaforce not KT, unless KT owns them.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Is it me or has KT been on some insane hot streak lately? They collabed with Nintendo and SE on their two biggest franchises (seemingly out of nowhere) with a sequel to DQH coming (and probably HW eventually), now they're doing Attack on Titan, and they have that cool looking game on PS4 too.

Dude, Koei Tecmo are on fire at the moment.

zulux21

I am actually hopeful that this won't be garbage. I mean I was going to buy it regardless lol, but it's still nice to see that it might actually be a good game.

To be fair I imagine they have a lot of talent on board with this one, much like hyrule warriors and dragon quest warriors this has a chance of being a huge hit for them.

wmlk

Not overly impressed. What SnK games need to capture is the tension that the anime presents. Here, the Titans have pretty choreographed actions and they're easily telegraphed.

I expected this to be much faster, too. But it looks like the tech may be holding them back. That was some horrendous LOD and streaming.

Illucio

Banned
The game actually looks pretty good, I had a lot of doubts about this game but it looks fun. Hopefully it has a lot a lot of game modes (you can play as a Titan, or have friends fight you as a Titan, vice versa.), multiplayer with online, and... I honestly don't care about a campaign, I just want to fool around in Multiplayer for hours.

cheesekao

Not overly impressed. What SnK games need to capture is the tension that the anime presents. Here, the Titans have pretty choreographed actions and they're easily telegraphed.
An enemy that does something unpredictable and does not give you any time to react to it is simply bad game design and only serves to frustrate players.

I like that Titan have different limb target and they act accordingly with where you attack them, hit the right leg and he'll fall down etc.

EulaCapra

Neat! Although I kinda wish there were civilians running around running helplessly and getting killed.

You know, for ambience.

zulux21

An enemy that does something unpredictable and does not give you any time to react to it is simply bad game design.

Indeed. Though you could add something like a survival mode that does something like that where the goal is just to live as long as possible. You can't use that as a main game mechanic though as people would just rage quit.

Toki767

Looks pretty cool. I wasn't expecting them to pull it off.

Shame there aren't like...skyscrapers in the series. Koei Tecmo seems like they could do a pretty awesome Spider-Man webswinging game.

wmlk

An enemy that does something unpredictable and does not give you any time to react to it is simply bad game design.

Obviously, but they're easily telegraphed here. You don't even need to make a split-second decision that could determine the flow and outcome of the attack. It's also about capturing the life or death situations that the anime is famous for.

Not all Titans will play like that, but general horde encounters probably won't impress.

Samemind

Well, there was a few ways you could handle movement in an Attack on Titan game.

-Skill requirement of precise and accurate physics of two anchor points and a propelling factor to control your movement vector
-Automation of movement where you don't really have much control over the 3d maneuvering gear
- The position of the anchors don't really impact your trajectory and are more of a visual flair, but otherwise you have good control over your movement
-Janky shit

It's not the best execution ever, but it looks fun enough

I think they captured the feel of the 3DMG as close as possible but they're missing the sense of speed you would get from traversal. And no destructible environs is a bit saddening.

snk-flying.gif

I don't get the physics of how he can just change direction left and right direction like that...

Anime physics.

Luigiv

That actually does look good. I was actually a little worried at first when I heard the game was being made by Omega Force but looks like my fears where unfounded. Will keep an eye on this.

They said they knew how important the 3DMG was, and it seems like they did it very well.

Can't expect something as precise as the fan game (specially since this is faster paced), but they still made it feel pretty good.

Can't wait!

The game will follow the entire story of the Attack on Titan anime’s first season. To kill a titan, you must slice the nape of its neck, but you’ll also be able to sever its other body parts like its arms and legs in the process. You’ll unite with NPC characters in taking out these giants.

Confirmed playable characters include Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, and Jean. Confirmed stages include “Plains,” “Giant Tree Forest,” “Communications Base,” and “Barracks.”

attack-on-titan-koei-w1la0.jpg

attack-on-titan-koei-akzem.jpg

attack-on-titan-koei-81x5t.jpg

attack-on-titan-koei-k3ybj.jpg

attack-on-titan-koei-muacm.jpg

attack-on-titan-koei-w1ah4.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/attack-titan-tgs-2015-screenshots-stage-event-gameplay

Top Bottom