• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiOh 2 PS4 Gameplay Reveals New Stage, Makara Naotaka Boss, and Shows Transformable Weapon in Action

Mista

Banned

Today, during a Christmas livestream hosted by the Japanese magazine Dengeki PlayStation, Koei Tecmo revealed new gameplay of its upcoming masocore action-RPG NiOh 2.

The gameplay was presented by director Fumihiko Yasuda himself, and we got to see a completely new stage.

On top of that we get to see the recently-released transformable weapon “Switchglaive” in action and a new boss, the powerful samurai Makara Naotaka.

As many other characters appearing in the NiOh series, Makara Naotaka is a historical figure who fought during the Sengoku era in service of the Asakura clan.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nioh is The Shit.

Best surprise I had all generation was that in a bunch of (not all) ways I found it a superior experience to the Souls' games. If it grabs you, the sheer depth and volume of content can keep you playing for months.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I hope its more diverse than the first. I enjoyed the first for awhile but then it just felt bland and repetitive and completely killed my interest in finishing it.
I put 70 hours into the first one and I feel the same way. I didn’t like playing missions on levels I had already spent hours in exploring. I’m really hoping Nioh 2 is better. I definitely want to pick it up.

The scythe he uses in the footage is cool. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
I put 70 hours into the first one and I feel the same way. I didn’t like playing missions on levels I had already spent hours in exploring. I’m really hoping Nioh 2 is better. I definitely want to pick it up.

The scythe he uses in the footage is cool. :messenger_sunglasses:

Exactly. I rarely buy dlc, let alone any microtransactions. But I was so into the game I was considering it. Then somehow, just like a light switch i was completely put off from the game. And imma sucker this setting, so that says a lot.

I hope its great but Im honestly not even that interested after the first. I stoked for GoT tho. I don't expect SP to disappoint.

GHG

Exactly. I rarely buy dlc, let alone any microtransactions. But I was so into the game I was considering it. Then somehow, just like a light switch i was completely put off from the game. And imma sucker this setting, so that says a lot.

I hope its great but Im honestly not even that interested after the first. I stoked for GoT tho. I don't expect SP to disappoint.

Honestly, the combat loop in the first was so good that I forgave the repetition in terms of locations and enemies.

The ki pulse... So good.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Honestly, the combat loop in the first was so good that I forgave the repetition in terms of locations and enemies.

The ki pulse... So good.

The combat was awesome. It is my favorite thing about it. The way stances open up different attacks and combinations.

It reminded me of the Kengo games on ps2. They weren't critically well received but i played tf out of them. Idk why they stopped making them. That games combat was way ahead of its time.

Pejo

The wait for the PC version will be unbearable. Nioh is one of my games of the decade and this one looks even more amazing. Love that scythe weapon.

TTOOLL

I honestly didn't like it the first one.
Sure, combat is good but I found the difficulty to be unfair sometimes. I beat Bloodborne with minor problems, but got my ass kicked several times in Nioh.
It's also kinda overwhelming as an RPG, for me, of course. I like options but not that much in a way that I always feel like I'm missing something. 😅😅

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'm just wondering at what point you guys got bored and felt the game was samey. To me its very well paced with each new area adding new stuff to the mix, and of course the DLC areas get increasingly imaginative and add new monsters and loot.

GymWolf

Your post. What does “are you me” supposed to mean😂
you use that term in forums when another person have the same idea or same taste as you, and you ironically ask "are you me".
i had the same experience of that guy with nioh :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
you use that term in forums when another person have the same idea or same taste as you, and you ironically ask "are you me".
i had the same experience of that guy with nioh :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:
Yeah sure I get it but the post was plain without any quote so I got confused :p

Mista

Banned
but...i see the quote on my pc🤔
Well, that’s weird.

fTJbwH5.jpg

mcjmetroid

I hope its more diverse than the first. I enjoyed the first for awhile but then it just felt bland and repetitive and completely killed my interest in finishing it.
I think it just had very bad level design. The combat was arguably better than any souls game and even sekiro but the level design, looks etc was very boring.

Is there any confirmation about the weapon types? I'm really hoping for a proper unarmed combat style. Weapons are ok, but there's nothing more badass than beating a giant demon to death with nothing but your fists.

Top Bottom