• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games Sean Murray will be on the Late Show with Colbert next week demoing NMS

Tigress

I'm kind of at the point with this game where I want them to shut up and just let me play the damn thing. :/

Seriously. I'm at the point that I don't even want to hear about it unless they have a release date. Stop talking about it if you aren't ready. All this hyping up with being pushed back (and not even actually telling us and letting us guess it is) is starting to get really annoying.

BrettWeir

Meh. This is a game that I used to care about. The hype created too early along with complete lack of any new information/news has made me put it to the wayside.

Sure I'll get it when it comes out, but come on. Give your fans/future buyers a bone every once in a while if you're going to hype the shit out of a product so many months/years before any hope of a release date is even a thought.

coughcoughStarCitizencough.

Philippo

Ruth Wilson + No Mans Sky?

giphy.gif

Meh. This is a game that I used to care about. The hype created too early along with complete lack of any new information/news has made me put it to the wayside.

Sure I'll get it when it comes out, but come on. Give your fans/future buyers a bone every once in a while if you're going to hype the shit out of a product so many months/years before any hope of a release date is even a thought.

coughcoughStarCitizencough.

How did they "hype the shit" out of NMS? An indie dev showed one trailer of their game and it took off. They did nothing wrong.

And what bone would you like other than seeing the game released? To placate us would take resources away from making the game. Fuck that.

Let's all pretend to be adults and show a modicum of patience, eh.

It's either PSX announcement or Vive / SteamVR launch title and release or PSVR launch title and release.

Hope it's one of the prior two as that might mean sooner than later

I'm going with PSX, less complaints about it getting a 2016 release date there since it'd be obvious unlike if they do it at PGW (where they'll probably get a bunch of "why not December?"), even more so if it's got VR support since that's supposed to be relatively early 2016 too.

Well with how much screen time Sony has given it I assume there's no way it's launching on Vive/SteamVR at the same time as it launches on PS4 and/or PSVR.

jediyoshi

I'm kind of at the point with this game where I want them to shut up and just let me play the damn thing. :/

I think the opposite effect is happening. They say so little, we're hyper attentive to whenever they do speak. Their media roll out is pretty sparse in the grand scheme of them.

daveo42

Banned
Tuning in. Colbert doing a damn fine job. Format is good. Hopefully Sean brings it in the demo tonight.

Edit: LOL

I really like the new show so far. I'm constantly worried the edges will get rounded off to the point where it's just another obsolete late night show, but for the time being it still has the spark that Colbert Report had. Just with more fluff interviews.

Should be interesting to see how NMS goes over. I assume they'll focus primarily on the "pick a star and you can go there" aspect.

daveo42

Banned
It's time yo!

I really like the new show so far. I'm constantly worried the edges will get rounded off to the point where it's just another obsolete late night show, but for the time being it still has the spark that Colbert Report had. Just with more fluff interviews.

Should be interesting to see how NMS goes over. I assume they'll focus primarily on the "pick a star and you can go there" aspect.

Yeah, I agree with the interviews. I also think Colbert needs to pull it back a bit and let the guest talk more. Good bits though. Hopefully the NMS portion will be more than that, but I'm not expecting it.

Alright, here we go

If they do I'm looking forward to the reaction when he pans out. I've been imagining people going crazy at it, it's such an awesome thing.

Gorillaz

I didn't think about it but if this would have released around the same time as The Martian it would have really given it a nice boost in the "i want more space stuff" feeling from people

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Colbison Molbert, haha

Damn this game looks beautiful on my 1080p TV broadcast in 60 fps to my antenna. So much better than Internets.

Gorillaz

interesting about the possibility of viewing others in the game

never thought of it...Sean seemed a little thrown off on that question

First confirmation that actual multiplayer exists in the game? Colbert asked if we would run into other players and Sean said yes, but that it'd be rare.

Raxus

I am convinced this will wind up being Spore all over again.

I hope not but man I want more to this game.

Top Bottom