• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PS+ Edition Leaving PS Plus on 6th October

I know the main thread is up (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118650), but I thought I would post this seeing as everyone complained about not getting it for so long. If you thought Driveclub PS+ Edition was going to be a mainstay on PS+, and thus never got around to nabbing it, now would be the time to do so. Accoding to Sony, the PS+ version will be gone on October 6th along with the other Sept PS+ stuff (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...-broken-age-super-meat-boy-unmechanical-more/).

wZhZyM1.png

edit -

Game Director comments

ok0B0II.png

xrnzaaas

I just noticed it. Very strange decision since it was basically an extended demo. Maybe they're preparing for a full DC to be featured in PS+?

I just noticed it. Very strange decision since it was basically an extended demo. Maybe they're preparing for a full DC to be featured in PS+?

If they were going to go that route you'd think they'd have done that already instead of wasting time creating a Plus version.

Makikou

Rushy33 has been hyping up something very BIG coming for Driveclub in October.

Chill people and let's see what is coming.

-griffy-

Banned
That has to be a mistake, or something is happening we aren't aware of yet (like the full game going to PS+). I thought this was going to be a permanent PS+ benefit.

EGOMON

Rushy and team will take the shit for this, fucking Sony marketing monkeys or whoever responsible in this division

Tizoc

I know the main thread is up (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118650), but I thought I would post this seeing as everyone complained about not getting it for so long. If you thought Driveclub PS+ Edition was going to be a mainstay on PS+, and thus never got around to nabbing it, now would be the time to do so. Accoding to Sony, the PS+ version will be gone on October 6th along with the other Sept PS+ stuff (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...-broken-age-super-meat-boy-unmechanical-more/).

wZhZyM1.png

Just to confirm, you still keep the PS plus version after Oct. 6th right, as long as you are a plus member? AS IN you can still dl it etc.
If so then I don't see the problem, just get it off the PS Store and boom you got yourself a demo-ish Driveclub.

thenexus6

So after a year of negative press and people slamming them online they get the PS+ version out finally then pull it off the store a month later? What..?

That is a very strange decision.

First you promise that the PS+ edition will be released at the same time the PS4 is released. You can not uphold that promise, let your consumers wait 2 years before they can finally get it for free and then you basically say it was a limited time offer?

Bold move.

myca77

Odd decision

Here's hoping for a season 2 pass, maybe they could give away the full game for free then with the incentive for people to get the season passes or dlc separately.

dugdug

Banned
lol @ making people wait *forever* for this only to put it up for a few months.

I absolutely adore this game, but, the way Sony's handled it has been truly shameful.

meanspartan

If anything they should be putting the full base game on Plus, especially as the Service is hurting for more big budget titles.

nib95

Banned
Why are they doing this? I always assumed it was a permanent addition, perhaps foolishly. In preparation for the big October update? In any case, I don't agree with this decision.

FWIW:

You can add the game to your download list even without owning a PS4 via the web store, thus gaining access to it as long as your sub is active. Common knowledge around Gaf, but worth sharing nonetheless.

As far as games lasting longer than a month, I mostly remember exceptions being made for launch games, particularly on the Vita, and maybe on the PS4.

DedValve

Banned
I don't like the decision but I hope the price drop is permanent. Planning on getting the full version as a christmas present.

5taquitos

The more I think about it, the more hilarious this is. We had a year of people constantly bitching about the PS+ version not being available, and now those same people will likely start bitching about it being removed.

mclem

Games usually stay for a month on PS+.

I seem to recall - although I don't have quotes to hand - that Driveclub PS+ was stated to be meant to be a long-term benefit to PS+ as an incentive to demonstrate that PS+ being required for PS4 multiplayer still meant that you'd get the Same Great Value out of it.

My gut feeling is that that's still the underlying intent, and the removal may be more because they're planning to replace it with a more complete version and sell the Season Pass instead. In a sense, a form of free-to-play.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah, I figured the PS+ edition was a permanent item. Why in the world are they removing it?
Wouldn't be surprised if it's losing them sales rather than gaining them due to the fucked up difficulty of the majority of the available races. It's not a welcoming introduction to the game by any means.

I hope it's because they are going to give more of the game away for free, moving toward trying to sell more DLC as their revenue model.

wachie

FWIW:

You can add the game to your download list even without owning a PS4 via the web store, thus gaining access to it as long as your sub is active. Common knowledge around Gaf, but worth sharing nonetheless.

As far as games lasting longer than a month, I mostly remember exceptions being made for launch games, particularly on the Vita, and maybe on the PS4.
Can removed games be re-downloaded?

Top Bottom