• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Saphirax

What is Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth and should I care about it? It sounds like I should care about it, but then I have this sneaking suspicion it's VR.

I should probably just google it, but i need to post in the new thread.

In other news, the plat for dt2 is taking forevvvvver. It's not hard, it's just there's a kill count trophy that isn't even halfway reached when the story is over. At least there's a massive amount of postgame content (and better dungeon design postgame, too).

It's an otome game.

Dat 20000 kills trophy. I share your pain. I'm almost done with the main story too.

Sondar

Quick question guys about Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I want to preorder it on Amazon UK (have a gift card) but nowhere does it mention launch edition with soundtrack, whereas Amazon.com, VG+ mention it. Is there only one version being produced at the moment, which is the launch edition?

I know I could contact Amazon UK, but I'm guessing/assuming they won't know either. :/ They also show a delivery of 29 October. :/

I posted in the September thread by accident, hopefully I did no harm:

I bought God of War Saga (The collection of the games between one and three) a few years back since it was a bargain and had been meaning to try them. I only just now wanted to try the PSP entries, which I realised are not actually on the disc. You have to redeem them using a code on the sleeve that comes in the game case. The sleeve states that the code expires after March 2013. I redeemed the code today, and as far a I can tell, it is downloading as (not) expected. So I am curious what this means? Are the expiry dates not a hard deadline and just a (in the case of) "the game was removed from PSN, and we gave you an expiry date, so we have no obligation to compensate you in any way" kind of thing?

Massa

Übersandvich;180423698 said:
I posted in the September thread by accident, I hopefully I did no harm:

I bought God of War Saga (The collection of the games between one and three) a few years back since it was a bargain and had been meaning to try them. I only just now wanted to try the PSP entries, which I realised are not actually on the disc. You have to redeem them using a code on the sleeve that comes in the game case. The sleeve states that the code expires after March 2013. I redeemed the code today, and as far a I can tell, it is downloading as (not) expected. So I am curious what this means? Are the expiry dates not a hard deadline and just a (in the case of) "the game was removed from PSN, and we gave you an expiry date, so we have no obligation to compensate you in any way" kind of thing?

I think those codes actually expired at one point when there were still unsold copies at retail, and then Sony reactivated them. Just a major oversight on their part.

Stanng243

For preordering the Uncharted collection, here's a 10% off the PSN coupon. Just checked my email and saw that had showed up yesterday. First time I've seen that for preordering a game.

Zhao_Yun

For those who haven't played Tales of Zestiria yet, enjoy it since you'll finally get to play it this month.

Thansk for reminding me that ToZ is releasing soon. I still have it on pre-order but I am contemplating cancelling it, since I couldn't really get into ToX2 recently and if ToZ really is even worse...

ZeroAKA

I am seeing a lot of membership requests in the VitaGAF PS4 community from people I don't recognize. From now on, I will not be accepting any requests if you haven't contacted me in some way. Post in this thread, PM me here, or message me on Line/Twitter/PSN with your GAF username and PSN ID if you want an invite. Also, the invitation system seems to be bugged at the moment, so if you have contacted me and haven't gotten an invite within a day, try requesting membership yourself by searching for the group through my profile.

I am still looking for at least one mod to help me manage the VitaGAF PS4 community. If you are interested and are fairly active on PS4, send me a PM/DM/Line message with your GAF name, PSN ID, and whatever else you want to me to know by Sunday, October 4.

Greddleok

I didn't even know there was a Vita gaf community! Sucks you can't search communities so I'll probably never find it...

maouvin

I didn't even know there was a Vita gaf community! Sucks you can't search communities so I'll probably never find it...

Friends, Communities, Discover, press Options, search for VitaGAF.

Or just ask ZeroAKA to invite you:

There is now a VitaGAF PS4 community for everyone here who wants to play PS4 games together. Add and message me on PSN (AbstractChaos) for an invite.

M.D

The Last of Us arrived in the mail today, but I'm afraid of updating my PS4 with people reporting all sorts of issues.. :(

Quick question guys about Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I want to preorder it on Amazon UK (have a gift card) but nowhere does it mention launch edition with soundtrack, whereas Amazon.com, VG+ mention it. Is there only one version being produced at the moment, which is the launch edition?

I know I could contact Amazon UK, but I'm guessing/assuming they won't know either. :/ They also show a delivery of 29 October. :/

I'm guessing the launch edition will be the only version to be available, but to be sure just buy from the place that advertises the launch edition :)

M.D

I haven't heard or experienced anything

What issues? The Last of Us runs fine to me.

Not talking about an issue specific to The Last of Us

There's people on the Playstation forums claiming they have issues after the update like the console not turning on at all or not reading discs anymore

With my PS3 I generally waited before updating because there were always reports of this kind (firmware breaking stuff etc..)
I dunno, maybe the chances of something happening are slim but I'm still worried about stuff like this :|

dracula_x

There's people on the Playstation forums claiming they have issues after the update like the console not turning on at all or not reading discs anymore

Don't know, game works fine after update, no issues with PS4 also. Though, I have a digital copy. Can't say about physical version.

Probably you should ask the same question in the OT – http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860638

With my PS3 I generally waited before updating because there were always reports of this kind (firmware breaking stuff etc..)
I dunno, maybe the chances of something happening are slim but I'm still worried about stuff like this :|

You get that with every FW update. Unless you see a huge thread with people having those issues it's nothing. They beta test them now for a reason.

The disc reading bug was in the FW before 3.0 and is fixed by restarting.

RK128

Is there any PS3 or Vita games that are under 8 bucks that are must plays?

Or should I wait for a Flash Sale?

Both could play PS1 games, so I will list a few of them that I really enjoyed :).
-Toy Story 2: 3D Platformer made by the Lego Developers (Travelers Tales) before making the Lego series. Great soundtrack, solid controls and fun level design
-Klona: 2D Platformer made by the NES Ninja Giden desigers/developers. Really inventive game mixing 2D/3D perspectives and having a great score to boot. Very good story as well :).
-Pac-Man World: 2.5D Platformer that feels a lot like Crash but with different mechanics. Pac-Man can spin-dash, but-stomp and throw pellets at foes and the levels are 2D stages designed in a 3D world. Very fun game that is surprisingly great. Plus, you can play the original Pac-Man in this as well :D!
-Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Playable on Vita via system transfer): Very interesting Zelda style adventure game that has a lot of strong mechanics and has a haunting atmosphere.

Both could play PS1 games, so I will list a few of them that I really enjoyed :).
-Toy Story 2: 3D Platformer made by the Lego Developers (Travelers Tales) before making the Lego series. Great soundtrack, solid controls and fun level design
-Klona: 2D Platformer made by the NES Ninja Giden desigers/developers. Really inventive game mixing 2D/3D perspectives and having a great score to boot. Very good story as well :).
-Pac-Man World: 2.5D Platformer that feels a lot like Crash but with different mechanics. Pac-Man can spin-dash, but-stomp and throw pellets at foes and the levels are 2D stages designed in a 3D world. Very fun game that is surprisingly great. Plus, you can play the original Pac-Man in this as well :D!
-Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Playable on Vita via system transfer): Very interesting Zelda style adventure game that has a lot of strong mechanics and has a haunting atmosphere.

I actually have Toy Story 2 on disc and I already bought Soul Reaver....

I wanna try Klona but I think I'm going to save my money until there's a better deal but I can always buy it whenever

RK128

I actually have Toy Story 2 on disc and I already bought Soul Reaver....

I wanna try Klona but I think I'm going to save my money until there's a better deal but I can always buy it whenever

Its always good to wait for sale :).

I number of great PS1 games I own were 1-4 bucks thanks to Flash Sales (or just normal PSN deals) so it is best to put money on PSN whenever a great sale pops up :D!

Jazz573

So, I got my Vita, but my memory card isn't here yet, so I can't play very much right now, other then small indie games. ;( Too bad, I really wanted to play VLR.

maouvin

So, I got my Vita, but my memory card isn't here yet, so I can't play very much right now, other then small indie games. ;( Too bad, I really wanted to play VLR.

Guess you're using the internal 1GB. Mind that you can't access it anymore when a memory card is inserted, so when the time comes copy everything to a PC/PS3 and then back to the memory card.

Or just download everything again if you don't care about your progress (or uploaded your saves to PS+).

Dragon Quest Heroes and Tales of Zestiria for me this month. Possibly Corpse Party.

I don't think EDF will make that release date.

bobohoro

I guess right now only Tales of Zestiria is a lock, too lazy to cancel my cheap pre-order now.
Disgaea 5 Demo actually made me consider the game again, might be fun again. But will probably wait a few weeks for the first price drop. Same thing for DQ Heroes, just too much to play and still have to invest most of my free time in playing golf while the good weather lasts.

On Vita I still have to start up Steins;Gate, only 3 LNs left to go before I cleaned up that backlog at least and have time for a long VN.

Takao

Banned
iowmE2o.png
sWHbsQs.png

autoduelist

Übersandvich;180423698 said:
I posted in the September thread by accident, hopefully I did no harm:

I think those codes actually expired at one point when there were still unsold copies at retail, and then Sony reactivated them. Just a major oversight on their part.

Not sure about that specific case, but in addition to Massa's specific reason, it's always smart to put an expiration date on anything so they don't have people complaining in X years about some code that's so old it's two internal systems ago. Easier to just put an expiration date on something, even if you never really 'turn it off' till there's a reason to.

The Last of Us arrived in the mail today, but I'm afraid of updating my PS4 with people reporting all sorts of issues.. :(

Any firmware update will cause some small, small percentage of issues, and those people will always post to the forums (rightfully so). Unless you hear about mass bricking (and you will hear about it) in articles and such there's nothing to fear.

My ps4 is fine.

Tizoc

The lack of interest in Trasnfromers Devastation, a game that's looking to be a gameplay hybrid of Bayonetta+Vanquish, in this thread is disheartening.

Pics_nao

Any good action games come out recently for Vita? Anything close to Freedom Wars or even Tales works. Also completely forgot Zesty Sauce releases this month. If I can't get it to run decently on my PC I'll definitely RP it on Vita.

Shizuka

Any good action games come out recently for Vita? Anything close to Freedom Wars or even Tales works. Also completely forgot Zesty Sauce releases this month. If I can't get it to run decently on my PC I'll definitely RP it on Vita.

Neptunia U was the last one.

ZeroAKA

Toukiden Kiwami is the last one I remember enjoying.

The lack of interest in Trasnfromers Devastation, a game that's looking to be a gameplay hybrid of Bayonetta+Vanquish, in this thread is disheartening.

I am with you on Transformers. I have played and loved some crappy Transformers games in my day and I imagine this one might be the best one. As a Transformers super nerd this is my jam.

Other than that maybe Jackbox depending if there is significant stuff added but I am thinking not. Weak month for me.

November is big with Battlefront, Fallout 3 and maybe Black Ops. Thought I was done with COD after hating Advanced Warfare but the beta of Black Ops was a lot of fun. They simplified everything back again and it is good.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

22 minutes of Vita gameplay from "Yoru no Nai Kuni"

From the OT

If you are considering importing, the main difference with the game designs of Tokyo Xanadu and Yoru no Nai Kuni, is basically TX is a lot more narrative focused, which means lots of story bits and going around the city completing tasks and whatnots in between battles. YNNK throws you into the action a lot faster and keeps it pretty constant with how the game is designed. Inbetween that are smaller events and such that add to the story.

So with that being said do you want a game that has a more story or more action with these two JP titles if you are looking for something to import.

Also in regards to TX to put it in terms that people will be able to visualize a bit easier, gameflow is similar to that of Persona 3 / 4. With how you go around the town doing things and talking to folks. Plus all the school related sections. Then in between that is the dungeon parts. Actual gameplay is totally different of course as TX is an action game using Falcoms general formula for their action titles, such as the Ys series. Anyways in the OTs there is footage in the media section so that should be faster to just watch that than reading things.

Oh yeah also YNNK has been announced for a Western release in 2016, but no exact date yet. TX on the other hand no official word yet on localization.

Oh man, you saved me. I was ready to import Tokyo Xanadu, thinking that I could get by with Google Translate but it looks like I won't be if it's Persona 4 levels of story heavy. Thanks for your impressions Parakeetman ;). Now if only Xseed would localize Tokyo Xanadu.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh man, you saved me. I was ready to import Tokyo Xanadu, thinking that I could get by with Google Translate but it looks like I won't be if it's Persona 4 levels of story heavy. Thanks for your impressions Parakeetman ;). Now if only Xseed would localize Tokyo Xanadu.

Yeah, it does the persona thing too where answering questions on occasions will raise stats. Since the game has the whole "Wisdom / Courage / Compassion" sort of system just like Persona did. Even the help your friend answer a question in class event and getting it right raises the Wisdom rating.

So folks who liked that aspect of the Persona series Id imagine would enjoy Xanadu. Though I still really do like the combat system and dungeons are amusing enough.

JJP12

For those who haven't played Tales of Zestiria yet, enjoy it since you'll finally get to play it this month.
I'm pretty excited for this. I've been hungry for more tales ever since I beat Hearts R back in January. I'm hoping the controls will be good for remote play. Did Zestiria have a positive reception when it came out in Japan?

Shun

I'm pretty excited for this. I've been hungry for more tales ever since I beat Hearts R back in January. I'm hoping the controls will be good for remote play. Did Zestiria have a positive reception when it came out in Japan?

That gif there sums up everyone's feelings on Zestiria.

Top Bottom