• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is everyone's PSN download speeds with PS4 3.00 FW?

etta

my hard graphic balls
I wanted to see if anyone saw any improvements with the latest firmware. I have only downloaded one thing thus far after installing 3.00, that Rivals game's beta, but it seems to be downloading at full speed and not being capped.

How about anyone else?

Everyone should do the following:
  • Tell us what speed your ISP sells you.
  • Do a speed test on your PC and report the speed.
  • Do an internet connection test on your PS4 and report that speed.
  • And tell us if you notice any improvement.

Update:
The speeds seem to have improved for some but notothers.

Personal update:
So in the end it's still the same for me as well. I was downloading NFS beta, and about half way in, the speed dropped to 1/3.
Sigh.

What's full speed for you?

Mine is going at the same speed as always but it's always been really fast for me but no where near my actual speed cap.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's full speed for you?

Mine is going at the same speed as always but it's always been really fast for me but no where near my actual speed cap.
I get 32Mbps down, so about 3.9-4MBps, which I seem to get throughout the whole, although not very lengthy, Rivals beta download.
Before it used to be 1/3 - 1/2 of what it is now, with some cases being downright atrocious (~500KBps).

Mahonay

Banned
Been pretty quick. I lucked out and didn't suffer the ridiculously slow speeds others did, but it's still faster than it was. Downloads are pretty snappy for me now post 3.00 update.

jaina

I was surprised that the UC Collection demo almost saturated my 50 Mbit/s today. Hope that's not just random luck.

nib95

Banned
I used to get fairly close to my max speed even before (UK here, using a powerline adapter and ASUS AC68u), but I'll test again in a bit with the Uncharted demo to see if there's been any further improvements. If it fully maxes out my speeds now, I'll be a happy bunny. I'm only on a 25-30mb connection, so every little helps.

Hustler

Amazing, it's over 2x vs Xbox one on the same connection. 23mbs dl and almost 10mbs upload. My ping is 16mms. Rocking it on multiplayer!!

I get 32Mbps down, so about 3.9-4MBps, which I seem to get throughout the whole, although not very lengthy, Rivals beta download.
Before it used to be 1/3 - 1/2 of what it is now, with some cases being downright attrocious (~500KBps).

Oh wow, it does seem to be fixed.

Before I was getting 4-5 MB per second but now it's near 8-9. Thank god.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Still bad. I have to pause and resume just to get about half my max bandwidth (75mbps).
Reboot all yo' shit. See if it fixes it. Though, it's probably too early to tell. Like I said, I only downloaded one thing so far, but it looks promising.

NewDust

Was it a coincidence the speeds got worse with fw 2.0? That and the fact it was always faster in rest mode means I'm calling it a console-side issue.

I see lots of people reporting improved speeds with this update and we saw lots of reports of lower speeds with 2.0 .

Combined with the apparent increase in speed when pausing/unpausing sometimes, only to fall back after a while leads me to think that there was some issue with either the memory buffer or the power state of PS4's network chip, introduced after 2.0 . Still that doesn't explain some people having more issues with it than others, but in general speeds tended to go down with prolonged downloads

Yoday

I experienced this in the Beta as well. The awful throttling seems to be fixed. Their overall speeds still aren't up to what Steam/Origin/Uplay/XBL put out, but that throttling crap being fixed is a huge deal that has sped up my PSN download speeds by about 5x on average.

TacosNSalsa

Meh...I'm getting about 4mbs but at least it's stable. I get 30mbs on every on everything else. So it's still booty cheeks for me.. 😞😞

Persona7

Banned
I downloaded Uncharted collection demo and it was going slower than usual. It is usually really slow and uses a fraction of my available bandwidth but this time was worse than usual.

Danlord

I was very vocal about my downloads being so slow even though I am on 72Mb/s Download and 20Mb/s upload; 3.00 has fixed it!!

Downloaded Limbo and straight away getting 3MB/s and kept creeping up to 5MB/s. Thought I'd try something bigger so I stuck on Lara Croft to download and same thing there. I was getting 3-5MB/s constantly without crawling to a snails pace at 100kB/s like before. I might download the Uncharted Collection demo just to test, since that's a fair few GB and I would like to give it a try.

Started it up, started at 2MB/s and going up to 5MB/s. I am on wireless so I don't expect maximum speeds possible, I am very happy with this!

STEaMkb

The slow download bug hasn't been completely eradicated. My Hardware: Rivals download slowed to a crawl. But once I paused/unpaused the download, it zipped along perfectly!

Very odd.

tioslash

Didn´t test it much, but Uncharted collection demo was by far the slowest download ever for me. It took ages to complete that thing.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Deleted Uncharted Collection demo and started a freas download, and it's still using my full speed.
Didn't let it finish, though. I guess we will all see if 3.00 fixed anything next week when Battlefront beta releases.

Pif

Banned
I never had any issues to begin with.

On the other hand, loading pics shared on group chat seems to take a bit more now.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Still saturates my connection, as it always did. I think this is/was almost for sure some regional problem. UC demo downloaded in 10-15 minutes for me.

Top Bottom