• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making of Halo 5: The Sprint Season 3 (YouTube)

LiyRkaH.jpg

Lingitiz

That Blue Team recording. Having a in house composer is a totally different game from a guest composer, and you can really hear the difference.

Everytime I watch The Sprint vids I just think "damn this game seems fucking expensive..." in a good way though. Seems like they're using every bit of that blank check MS is giving them.

Glass

3 & 4 October 26
5 & 6 November 16

Episodes 3 and 4 on the eve of the game's release?
wdB8tzz.gif

Interesting we get 5 and 6 two weeks after launch, wonder what they'll be focused on. Footage from the launch itself, then an episode on the continued support the game will get post launch? Hints at where Halo goes from here?

Interesting we get 5 and 6 two weeks after launch, wonder what they'll be focused on. Footage from the launch itself, then an episode on the continued support the game will get post launch? Hints at where Halo goes from here?

I'd imagine episodes 5 and 6 will be a bit spoilery, hence the post-release.

OEM

I am speechless. Music in composer episode.

I cant...

Holly fucking shit

Fuckkkkkk

Masterpiece.

jelly

Damn, fantastic music. Pulls the emotional strings.

These videos are great, thanks OP for YouTube links and updating.

Just watched the first new one and man do I love these. Kudos to whoever made this series happen.

Some games are such tremendous collaborations, across so many disciplines, with so much time and effort and passion and creativity and a billion decisions, small and large over years. Its heartening to see the work celebrated, and to showcase so many different teams and personalities.

And 117 was one of the best parts of the Halo 4 OST. Glad to see it returning in a new form.

Just watched the first new one and man do I love these. Kudos to whoever made this series happen.

Some games are such tremendous collaborations, across so many disciplines, with so much time and effort and passion and creativity and a billion decisions, small and large over years. Its heartening to see the work celebrated, and to showcase so many different teams and personalities.

And 117 was one of the best parts of the Halo 4 OST. Glad to see it returning in a new form.

Yes

Glass

So happy they revisited 117 in the form of Blue Team, the amount of incredible tracks this series has.... The end of Episode 1 was something special.

Bsigg12

Motherfuckerr....

Oh my god, this is crime. I am literally smiling and jumping at work.

I hear bits of Halo 1-4 and addition of 5 in this. This has to be the greatest Halo OST.

It's great because it's an evolution of Halo's music rather than the departure 4 was. 4 had a great soundtrack but it was missing some/most of the typical Halo themes. Everything being done in 5 looks to be embracing the previous games and really doing something special with them.

jelly

Monty the dog must be on constant emotional high in that studio. Needs to lie down. Dog version of that Tom Hanks Green Mile picture.

GTSweet

Neo Member
It's great because it's an evolution of Halo's music rather than the departure 4 was. 4 had a great soundtrack but it was missing some/most of the typical Halo themes. Everything being done in 5 looks to be embracing the previous games and really doing something special with them.

Yup. I think you could say the same about what we have seen from the gameplay, music, SFX, art style, campaign and multiplayer. Less of the departure that Halo 4 was and more of an evolution of the series as a whole.

Fantastic episodes... I rewatched Ep 1 2 times already.

Jesus Christ, I've never been more hyped just to go into work than I feel after listening to The Trials track.

Halo 5 is love, Halo 5 is life.

I've now watched both episodes twice lol

After Marty decided to stick with Bungie and 343 went in a different direction with Neil Davidge for Halo 4 I wondered what would happen with the OST in Halo 5, well with Jinnouchi and his team at the helm I don't think I have anything to worry about. Halo has never sounded so good!

Top Bottom