• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Online beta test in Japan

enishi

I've got email from NCL today on the online beta test version of The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

It has a download code for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Test Your Braveness Edition). Tester needs to download the game and joins the online test in following schedule (arrangement like Splatoon beta test)

(Japan Time)
10/10 Sat 23:00 - 24:00 (Eiji Aonuma will join this session)
11/10 Sun 10:00 - 11:00
17/10 Sat 23:00 - 24:00
18/10 Sun 10:00 - 11:00

Every tester will enjoy 500 yen discount on download version

Please boomerang me if it is old

L~A

Oh sweet! I read something about some beta on Twitter, was wondering what it was. Any screencap perchance?

I really hope we'll get one in EU/NA too.

Kinsei

Banned
This is cool. I hope they do it in NA and EU as the netcode will be what makes or breaks this game for me.

enishi

I tried to capture part of the email for reference

de0fpYql.png

georly

Gah, I have a JP 3DS and I signed up for club nintendo (to get club nintendo picross!) Hope they send me a code ;_; I wanna play w/ aonuma

I just received beta code!!!
Downloading now!!

What do you have where they sent you one? A JP club nintendo account?

Did it only come with one code or multiple?

L~A

Gah, I have a JP 3DS and I signed up for club nintendo (to get club nintendo picross!) Hope they send me a code ;_; I wanna play w/ aonuma

What do you have where they sent you one? A JP club nintendo account?

Did it only come with one code or multiple?

It's the same type of code distro as the Smash demo, so Club Nintendo account. Also, not sure if playing from outside Japan is recommended, it's going to be lagfest...

I expect Nintendo will have one next week in EU/NA.

georly

It's the same type of code distro as the Smash demo, so Club Nintendo account. Also, not sure if playing from outside Japan is recommended, it's going to be lagfest...

I expect Nintendo will have one next week in EU/NA.

Eh, I'll try anyway. I really hope there's one in NA, though. In japan the smash demo just showed up on eshop, no code distro for that. I know, because it was the first thing I did on my JP 3DS.

Jubern

Didn't get anything, whyyyy.

I've been so faithful too, gave you Ninty Japan so much Club Nintendo product codes T_T

georly

Just logged on to eshop and it prompted me to confirm email, which I did, so hopefully they'll send one to me ;_;

enishi

I have 3 codes in my email. Two for the beta and 1 for something else?

1st code is for the beta download (you can use the link to redeem directly from web eshop, first time in Japan eshop?)

2nd and 3rd codes are for you to share with your friends as special beta edition. They can join you for local play on the same time slot (And the local play must start with 3 users only, no single or 2 players)

Of course, no discount for those 2 users

And the discount is automatically valid for your NNID when you download the beta edition

I think you need to have bought and played a (or several?) Zelda title with your NNID account to (at least have a chance to) get a code.

It straight up says in the subject of the mail that it's a special treat for people who played the Zelda series.

I hope I'll be able to play with Aonuma-san on the 10th!

bumpkin

When's the game due out in Japan? Makes me wonder if there's any hope for a similar test in the US.

I think you need to have bought and played a (or several?) Zelda title with your NNID account to (at least have a chance to) get a code.

It straight up says in the subject of the mail that it's a special treat for people who played the Zelda series.

Damn. I've got an import 3DS, but I haven't bought any Zelda games for it.

enishi

Checked the email again, first point of footnote
○ このメールは、ニンテンドー3DSにニンテンドーネットワークIDを登録し、任天堂からのおしらせを希望され、「ゼルダの伝説」シリーズをプレイされたお客様に配信しています。

So, 3DS Japan NNID owners that accept to receive message from Nintendo and played Zelda series before (I got OoT 3D, LBW and GBC Link's Awakening DX) will get this email

georly

You can mess around in the lobby and if you run into a wall, a bouncing ball falls down. If you can juggle it in the air, it plays music, like this rendition of clock town that I recorded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTPQZw7Ak8o

Gets faster and faster as you play. You can hear me swing the sword in time with the song and the ball bouncing. The sound at the end is me dropping the ball, literally.

Picture here for reference (couldn't figure out how to save direct feed on miiverse :/)

Damn it. I wish I had imported some Zelda games so I could have gotten a code. Oh well. Guess I can wait two more weeks... :(

Madao

so that's what that email i got yesterday is for...

i guess that's a bonus for owning digital JP OoT 3D due to the sale at the start of the year.

Sakura

Thanks for letting me know. Checked my email and I had it too.
Though I'm not sure if I am actually interested in this game.

Kinda off topic, but I just heard about the local multiplayer only item トモダチの証 (which you use for getting a certain costume) found in the retail version.

local_only_item3urv5.jpg

You can only get one piece of the item per friend (system) you've played locally with. You can't get the item online in any capacity. It is unclear how many pieces of トモダチの証 are needed to acquire the costume. Details below.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/306/G030630/20151007059/index_2.html

4Gamer:
 ゲーム自体が常に進化しながら完成へ近付いていった,と。
 ちょっとお話は変わるんですが,気になることがあるので教えてください。特定の服を作るのに必要な「トモダチの証」というアイテムがありますが,これはソロプレイではもらえないんですか?

四方氏:
 ローカルプレイかダウンロードプレイで,一緒に遊んだ人からだけもらえるという仕組みです。

青沼氏:
 とにかくマルチで遊んでほしいんですよ。今回はダウンロードプレイで,本体さえ3台あれば,ソフトは1本でもみんなで遊べますんで,みんなでワイワイガヤガヤ遊ぶという,このゼルダのだいご味を味わってほしくて。
 大人になると集まるのも難しいとは思うんですけど,トモダチの証を集めるためにも,ぜひ集まって遊んでみてほしいんですよね。
4Gamer:
 確認ですが,インターネットプレイでは,トモダチの証はもらないのでしょうか?

四方氏:
 はい。インターネットプレイではもらえません。

4Gamer:
 実際に集まってローカルプレイを体験した人へのご褒美みたいなものと考えたほうが良さそうですね。

青沼氏:
 ええ。ぜひ友達を誘って一緒に遊んでいただきたいと思います。

Fun.

georly

Kinda off topic, but I just heard about the local multiplayer only item トモダチの証 (which you use for getting a certain costume) found in the retail version.

local_only_item3urv5.jpg

You can only get one piece of the item per friend (system) you've played locally with. You can't get the item online in any capacity. It is unclear how many pieces of トモダチの証 are needed to acquire the costume. Details below.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/306/G030630/20151007059/index_2.html

Fun.

Does download play count, or do they need to own the game, too?

Edit: It's up!

It's laggy for me, but I'm in the US :/ No wonder it's region locked.

Edit 2: That was pretty fun! 3 levels to choose from, it seems. This is a perfect zelda game for DLC, provided the main game doesn't feel lackluster.

Edit 3: My new team is totally lag free, this is nice.

georly

Beat all three levels, that was really fun. 13 days to go! I like the loot system it has, hopefully it's rewarding.

I didn't get to finish the Fire Temple. We were halfway through, then it went offline. I'll try again in 10 hours.
edit: It was fun!

Top Bottom