• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvelous announces Uppers for PS Vita

Assuming I'm not missing your sarcasm, this is the game that made you give up? It's just about the tamest thing imaginable - it has about as much 'pervy shit' as E-rated Zelda games.
What Legend Of Zelda games have you been playing where this is equitable?!

DqNJSLs.gif

The character design for this is top fucking tier. The game also looks like a blast.

If you play as the girl do you also fall into boobs and crotches too? Cause that'd be pretty a'ight.

Golnei

I wish there was a hidden (because people would bitch otherwise) trick that'd replace the girls for guys, while you were still controlling guys.

Depending on how the models are set up, that might not be the easiest thing to implement as a straight swap. If it required any sort of serious work to include, I'm not sure if it'd be justifiable to take away from time needed to work on core functions of a game which undoubtedly doesn't have an enormous budget or staff size in order to include a bonus mode that you yourself admit would be unpopular and significantly polarising.

What Legend Of Zelda games have you been playing where this is equitable?!

Look at the last page, it was a reference to the Cremia bit in Majora's Mask.

Shizuka

Depending on how the models are set up, that might not be the easiest thing to implement as a straight swap. If it required any sort of serious work to include, I'm not sure if it'd be justifiable to take away from time needed to work on core functions of a game which undoubtedly doesn't have an enormous budget or staff size in order to include a bonus mode that you yourself admit would be unpopular and significantly polarising.

Hey, I know full well on how popular or not it'd be and how much work it'd require, which is why I said "wish" and not "hope" or "want".

Prelude.

Two Best Friends Play need to play it on the channel when it comes out.

It's LITERALLY "Girls are watching: the game".

Liam, start pushing.

It's probably cheaper to make an open world game on PS2/PSP/3DS than Vita and have it look good.

But again, Spike Chunsoft managed it (Ukiyo no Rough). Heck, Acquire sort of managed it.

Given the team's experience in this area, I'd be surprised if it wasn't open world.

Breads

Banned
Second video: https://youtu.be/YttwS7CwK7s
Now we Kenka Bancho for realz.

I was joking when I said that it looks like it has a Banchosity meter when I first saw it.

It might actually have one.

Doesn't make me want to play Senren Kagura but it does make me interested in Kenka Bancho.

That said this is probably the first Vita style Vita game I am going to be partaking in. It looks fun.

StereoVsn

I really hope Xseed picks this up as fights look quite fun. Are there supposed to be any minigames, training, etc... as in KB6?

FluxWaveZ

Is Tenmei Sanada supposed to be black, or is he just tanned/darker skinned? I imagine it's probably the latter. I'd be kinda surprised to see a playable black character here.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nicole is unexpectedly slow :( i like fast characters.
I wonder if she also has pervy interaction with girls... Maybe she's lesbian?

Hachima Kikou has got the furage.

From the creator of Senran Kagura (Takagi), Uppers is coming out in Spring 2016.

Battles are fought in front of girls, and doing well by defeating the enemies will result in their encouragement, powering the character up. By doing really well, the character can bury his face in their chest or grab it.

Fuck yeah, definitely getting behind this.

If you "ugg" about it or offends your sensibility, you have the option to not play it. Pretty simple.

i-Jest

Is Tenmei Sanada supposed to be black, or is he just tanned/darker skinned? I imagine it's probably the latter. I'd be kinda surprised to see a playable black character here.

If only we had more diversity. I don't know why this game reminds me of Black Boat Project.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Did two runs through the demo, once on hard. AI's a bit dumb and there's some camera issues but it seems competent as a beat em up.

Downloading

but... Vita TV not compatible ???

it works :)

not bad at all, I just would prefer to set camera with L1 instead of R1, opponents are a little "musou style" (just waiting to be smashed :D ) but the last mission into the school offers a better challenge, that bad bros are more strong than the others and I got hit a couple of times.
Seems interesting and considering it's working with Vita TV I'm planning to buy it in April

Top Bottom