• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvelous announces Uppers for PS Vita

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
DqNJSLs.gif

vdssmtv.gif

Maybe I need that PlayStation TV after all, the game kind of looks fun to play.
I got one recently and if you know about which games actually work with it, it's great. As in, not get disappointed by the compatibility like many people did on launch. You get them for super cheap these days too, I think.

So I mean, I knew I wanted this, but this trailer got me insanely hyped. XSEED HAVE to pick this up.

It's literally leapfrogged everything apart from Tokyo Xanadu and Hero Must Die in my list of "games I really want localized". Looks loads of fun!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The game looks great, i want it, but these fanservice parts are totally unnecessary and make the game less appealing, at least for me.

DqNJSLs.gif

I guess i could even bear the boobs grab, but the other one is too much for me.

i saw a female char fighter :eek:?

Which kind of brings up the question of why they even bothered with the playable males at all. Takaki was involved in Valkyrie Drive, he's clearly not averse to a bit of yuri.

Judging from the artwork on the famitsu site and the profile full of "???" i wouldn't be surprised if she's something else :p

Shinriji

Gameplay already looks better than Senran and Valkyrie Drive. Hopefully Xseed will bring this over with a nice box and all.

It's not a fair comparison imo, SK and VD are musou, Uppers looks more like Yakuza.

It's developed by the Kenka Bancho team (rather than the SK/VD teams) so it should turn out exactly like that, with a few extra bells and whistles of course.

And that's no bad thing at all ;)

It was just last week that I was trying to argue that the Vita's reputation as the pervy shit machine was unfair.

I'm throwing in the towel.

Golnei

It was just last week that I was trying to argue that the Vita's reputation as the pervy shit machine was unfair.

I'm throwing in the towel.

Assuming I'm not missing your sarcasm, this is the game that made you give up? It's just about the tamest thing imaginable - it has about as much 'pervy shit' as E-rated Zelda games.

TimmiT

Assuming I'm not missing your sarcasm, this is the game that made you give up? It's just about the tamest thing imaginable - it has about as much 'pervy shit' as E-rated Zelda games.

First I've heard that Zelda games have you falling face first into the chests and crotches of school girls.

Anyway, game looks cool outside of the gross fanservice, though at leasts that stuff is as over the top and silly as the rest of the game.

So I never got past like the second dungeon in Link's Adventure, maybe I didn't get to the schoolgirl crotch face-burying scene yet.

MrHoot

This looks super fun and something sorely lacking on vita: Character action games. I'm in ! Kind of looks like a GTO sim in a way (bosozoku life). Loving the over the top actions.

Of course can't have something like this without a bit of Gaf puritanism but hey, rite of passage at this point

I don't suppose anyone knows, but have they confirmed this is semi open-world like Kenka Bancho or is it small arenas based like Senran Kagura?

I don't suppose anyone knows, but have they confirmed this is semi open-world like Kenka Bancho or is it small arenas based like Senran Kagura?

and I add : Vita TV compatibility confirmed ?

since Sony stopped selling Vita TV in Japan I wonder if they continue to support the system...

StereoVsn

Fanservice aside, the battle system looks awesome. I loved that Bancho game on PSP as well (too bad we didn't get the new 3ds game localization).

Heck in one of the supers guy drops a helicopter on the opponent. That's moxy!

Maebe

I guess it's rare for fanservice to feel "natural" but it felt really forced in that trailer. Looks fun otherwise.

Momentary

Banned
Damn... Hiroaki is one of my favorite artists. That alone almost makes me want to get a Vita just for this game. He's got some talent. Him and Shinkiro were the best artists for SNK back in the day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's been confirmed that Japan will be getting a demo for the game, though no word on a date yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The lack of a minimap worries me that it won't be open-world Yakuza/KB esque, but otherwise it's looking really good.

I like how colourful it is, lol.

I would expect this to be a beat em up like Senran Kagura, not any kind of open world game.

convo

Happy to see that it is running pretty smoothly.
I wouldn't really expect more than just designated fighting stages for this but i also don't know how Kenka Bancho works.

I would expect this to be a beat em up like Senran Kagura, not any kind of open world game.

It's by the developers of Kenka Bancho though, and I'm pretty sure those games are "open-world", in that there's a lot of smaller connected areas that you can wander around as you wish.

Top Bottom