• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. out on December 4th in Europe

L~A

Nintendo just tweeted it:

Great news! Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam will now launch on Nintendo #3DS on 4th December! [December 10th in Australia]

15th October 2015 – The Mushroom Kingdom is about to learn that two Marios are better than one in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros.! Releasing on December 4th for Nintendo 3DS family systems, the fifth instalment of the popular RPG series will see Paper Mario jump off the page and form a superstar team of Mario Bros. to take on the only thing more threatening to the Mushroom Kingdom than one Bowser: two of them!

When Luigi accidentally opens a mysterious book hidden away in Peach’s Castle, he gets more than he bargained for when characters from the Paper Mario universe spill out of the pages and start running amok. Players must take control of the terrific trio of Mario, Luigi and Paper Mario to defeat Bowser and Paper Bowser and bring the Paper Mario characters back to their original world.

Adding Paper Mario to their ranks means that Mario and Luigi have even more ways to explore, solve puzzles and take down any enemies foolish enough to mess with the Mario Bros. In a first for the series, players can now battle with Trio Attacks, as well as use Paper Mario’s unique copy ability, allowing him to create duplicates of himself in order to bolster his attack power. Our papery hero also has special skills outside of battle, like his ability to slip through tiny cracks to areas inaccessible to the three-dimensional brothers.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. will also see the introduction of Paper Craft Battles, tasking players with taking down the Bowsers’ forces with the power of dance! Craft battles see our heroes take part in rhythm-based events in order to power a giant papercraft and use it to defeat giant papercrafts from Bowser’s army.

Avoid a “tearable” fate as Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. for Nintendo 3DS family systems launches across Europe on December 4th.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/654570045293637632

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why do NoE keep adding 'Bros' to the end of this series titles?

JoeM86

Great news. Going on my Christmas list now :)

Man, the lack of Nintendo Directs make these announcements feel a lot emptier.

Agreed. And easily missable.

We need directs back, especially considering everything else that seems on the horizon.

HUELEN10

Why do NoE keep adding 'Bros' to the end of this series titles?
To prevent this?
u7L0lyz.jpg

I dunno. I agree with you though, it's an odd choice.

Tizoc

Well time to pre-order.
EDIT: I seem to have misplaced by 3DS copy of Paper Mario, I know a lot of people didn't like that game but I want to play through it and finish it to see if it is worth keeping or not.

wrowa

That's certainly a nice surprise. Hopefully it marks the return to form for the series.

I also pity the poor people in the TP HD thread who hoped for a new Direct soon. ;(

JoeM86

That's certainly a nice surprise. Hopefully it marks the return to form for the series.

I also pity the poor people in the TP HD thread who hoped for a new Direct soon. ;(

We've had reveals of release dates away from Directs close to Directs before.

</SlimHope>

All evidence is still piling up though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
1) Directs MUST return. ASAP.
2) So unexpected!
3) So welcomed!

I've tried the game during a post E3 event in Italy and I really liked what I've played. The skippable tutorials were a gift after the boring pace of Dream Team and while I still have some doubts about the overworld exploration, due to the Sticker star bad experience, I'm still very tempted by this "crossover".

AdanVC

This is great but I just hope it doesn't take that long to release here in the americas. Also, the fact that this was suddenly announced through a random tweet decreases the hype of the Nintendo Direct that is supposedly coming this week. If that makes sense.

ramparter

Banned
Was this coming later or we didn't have a date at all?

Do we have any indication (devs behind it etc) it's gonna be good?

NotLiquid

Was this coming later or we didn't have a date at all?

Do we have any indication (devs behind it etc) it's gonna be good?

It was due for 2016 originally.

Mario & Luigi series has mostly been good (first three games specifically) but they've been of consistently dwindling quality. Too much handholding.

MNC

Wait what? What game is this? When was it announced? Is it a new Paper Mario? A new Mario & Luigi?

Glass Rebel

I will probably grab the game down the line when it's cheaper merely on the fact that odd entries have been the best but I'm not exactly looking forward to it. I really hope AlphaDream will move on from this series after that. I think it has finally run dry, Paper Mario feels so forced.

Well time to pre-order.
EDIT: I seem to have misplaced by 3DS copy of Paper Mario, I know a lot of people didn't like that game but I want to play through it and finish it to see if it is worth keeping or not.

It's not.

I will probably grab the game down the line when it's cheaper merely on the fact that odd entries have been the best but I'm not exactly looking forward to it. I really hope AlphaDream will move on from this series after that. I think it has finally run dry, Paper Mario feels so forced.

Yeah, the series has gone downhill but I'll probably end up picking it up eventually.

SigSig

Directs need to return. I feel left out of the loop with stuff like this coming from nowhere. Zero visibility.

L~A

Not sure I'm too happy about having an additional game coming out this year, my plate is already quite full. Oh well, that's not something I can complain about, it wasn't an additional delay at least ;)

Tizoc

It's not.

Cool one more for the trade pile :p

Top Bottom