• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worldwide DS Million Sellers

ioi

Banned
The DS now has 13 million sellers worldwide:

Nintendogs 7.37
Animal Crossing: Wild World 4.66
Mario Kart DS 4.64
New Super Mario Bros 3.84
Super Mario 64 DS 3.76
Brain Training 3.69
Brain Training 2 3.11
Wario Ware Touched 1.97
Brain Flex 1.58
Tamogotchi Connection: Corner Shop 1.27
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time 1.22
Tetris DS 1.19
English Training 1.14

http://www.vgcharts.org/worldtotals.php?name=&console=DS&publisher=&sort=Total

Nintendogs closing on Zelda:OOT !!

Emiru

Banned
Wario64 said:
I wished the decent DS games sold over a million
Nintendogs 7.37
Mario Kart DS 4.64

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Emiru said:
Nintendogs 7.37
Mario Kart DS 4.64

1.crap
2.crap
3.meh
4.ok
5.haven't played it

The funny thing about Nintendogs is Japan is actually Nintendogs' lowest selling territory. Europe and North America embraced that game the most.

I think New Super Mario Bros. is well on its way to 8+ million as well.

Oblivion said:
Holy fricken shit. Are you serious?
Yup.

Nintendogs is the best selling DS game.

Nintendogs Wii should be a big priority over at Nintendo, IMO.

Make it so, Nintendo!!

soundwave05 said:
The funny thing about Nintendogs is Japan is actually Nintendogs' lowest selling territory. Europe and North America embraced that game the most.
I wonder what those guys that said Nintendogs was a game suited for Japan and nowhere else have to say now.

Jeff-DSA

The DS really is an amazing thing to watch. I've personally never been more satisfied with a handheld and things just look to get better soon. I can't believe how amazing the upcoming release schedule is, especially on the RPG front.

Doogdogg

Is that new version of Nintendogs coming out anywhere else soon? Nintendogs will probably sneak pass 10 million by the end of this year.

I still wonder why there are people questioning Nintendo's Wii motives for reaching out to people who do not really game when a game like Nintendogs, not really intentended for hardcore gamers, is leading the pack big time. The Sims effect is in full force.

If they did Nintendogs for the Wii, I think they'd have to add a lot of content to it, because a lot of the appeal of Nintendogs for the DS is that it's a supersized Tamagotchi/virtual pet that you can take with you and "touch/pet".

Animal Crossing Wii though should be huge. I suppose they will try Brain Training Wii also.

soundwave05 said:
If they did Nintendogs for the Wii, I think they'd have to add a lot of content to it, because a lot of the appeal of Nintendogs for the DS is that it's a supersized Tamagotchi/virtual pet that you can take with you and "touch/pet".

Animal Crossing Wii though should be huge. I suppose they will try Brain Training Wii also.

I can't wait to see what they do with Nintendogs Wii, or even Animal Crossing Wii for that matter. Both have potential to be awesome MMO games, but I doubt that will ever happen, same with a Pokemon MMO

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
shaft said:
Why are games which are not your type crap? Those games scored high on every review.

Because uh, my own opinions is more important to me? Am I gonna praise a game because it got great reviews but I think is crap?

EternalDarko said:
you think MK DS is meh or MK in general?

MK DS is meh. I really only liked the original though, and maybe Super Circuit

Emiru said:
I see now that your taste in games is horrible.

Sorry but there isn't much gaming in Animal Crossing or Nintendogs

Wario64 said:
Because uh, my own opinions is more important to me? Am I gonna praise a game because it got great reviews but I think is crap?

I hate Gran Turismo and it bores me to sleep. But I wouldn't call it crap, it has undeniable quality and polish to it; It's just not for me. You can try to be more objective when judging the quality of games.

Wario64 said:
MK DS is meh. I really only liked the original though, and maybe Super Circuit

Play Super Circuit then go to MK DS; Your opinion will change. MK DS is arguably the best in the entire series, certainly my favourite.

Wario64 said:
Sorry but there isn't much gaming in Animal Crossing or Nintendogs

Then your definition of "gaming" is different from mine. I know I've spent close to 6 months on AC now and I've actually been playing and having fun with it.

ioi

Banned
Magicpaint said:
I hate Gran Turismo and it bores me to sleep. But I wouldn't call it crap, it has undeniable quality and polish to it; It's just not for me. You can try to be more objective when judging the quality of games.

Play Super Circuit then go to MK DS; Your opinion will change. MK DS is arguably the best in the entire series, certainly my favourite.

Then your definition of "gaming" is different from mine. I know I've spent close to 6 months on AC now and I've actually been playing and having fun with it.

Some people will never get it though, why waste your time?

ziran

nintendo is growing a new army of fans, bigger, better and more resilient than ever before!! :D

great to see so many amazing games selling so well!

it's definitely becoming a big issue with the relative lack of success for third parties but hopefully this will change as more high profile games are released. though, their real problem is a complete inability to plug into the new and returning audience being created by nintendo's titles.

Furoba

ziran said:
nintendo is growing a new army of fans, bigger, better and more resilient than ever before!! :D

Nintendo's subliminal messages in Pokémon are starting to pay off... :lol

Amir0x

Banned
ziran said:

Philno.GIF

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I enjoyed AC. I didn`t stay with it, because of the inability to keep doing stuff over a long period of time over one real time day.

That said, I still think it`s a ****ing incredible game, and it deserves to sell a **** ton.

No surprise here. DS has amazing games, and they`re selling in tons.

F#A#Oo

Banned
And people question Nintendo for catering to non-gamers...:lol It's making them roll in money...If it wasn't for Nintendogs the DS would have had a slower climb in sales terms.

The day non-gaming considered games stop selling well will be the day Nintendo stop trying to make a play for them. I'm glad Nintendo have managed to get my GF to get into gaming...even if it is because of Nintendogs...

It has lead her to get me Animal Crossing, Trauma Centre and Phoenix Wright...and most recently Brain-Training. She bought 4 of my last 5 games...:D The only game I have bought was NSMB...:)

So thank you Nintendo...:D

P90

Wario64 said:

Obviously, others have differing opinions to you and put their money where their opinion is. If you want games that are "good" to you to sell over a million copies then buy a million copies yourself. That will solve your problem.

P90

Xellotah said:
I just like to say that Brain Training is awesome.... that is all.

Despite my original suspicion, Brain training is a fun, complementary game that is what traditional games are not: mentally-based. Much better than Capcom puzzles in games like RE and Onimusha.

I hope this "non-gaming" sales trend continues.

I have no idea why stuff in Onimusha and RE are considered puzzles.

Find locked door, backtrack to find item, backtrack to locked door, open, rinse, repeat.

jesusraz

Mario & Luigi did pretty damn well here in the UK, peaking at No.10 in the Top 40 back in February, when the DS wasn't exactly 'poo hot' round these parts. Pleased (for AlphaDream's sake) to see it break a million worldwide :)

ioi said:
...Tamogotchi Connection: Corner Shop 1.27...

Damn...and something like 1.2 million of those sales are from Japan alone! :lol Did it just get no support in the US? I know here Atari let it sink without a trace. It literally had five review copies for the whole of the UK...!

ivysaur12

Banned
__Andrea__ said:
:O

BTW, in that site... America counts only like USA, right? That should be changed. I live in Argentina and I'm also an american. >.>

Usually, since a person who lives in the United States is an "American", and other countries are known as "Canadian", "Mexican", "Brazillian", ect., America has been (universally) accepted as another word for the USA. "The Americas" would refer to the both North America and South America, together.

donny2112

ioi's numbers are spreading. Jeux-France ... Go Nintendo

We've had this discussion before, and I'm fine with ioi's numbers as long as you realize where he gets them. However with these non-GAF sites posting them, they'll have no idea where these numbers came from. I could see this leading to some confusion down the road. Oh, well.

On topic ...

Nintendogs numbers are artificial (same with the main Pokemon games). That said, I plan on buying Dalmations in October. :D

Tamagotchi probably would've done better in the U.S. if they'd bothered to translate more of the game. Then again, maybe mostly Japanese names for people/food/objects is part of the "appeal" of Tamagotchi.

As far as individual titles go, NSMB will soon be the number 1 seller worldwide. :) It could even, eventually, surpass the combined Nintendogs.

Top Bottom