• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worldwide DS Million Sellers

ioi

Banned
donny2112 said:
ioi's numbers are spreading. Jeux-France ... Go Nintendo

We've had this discussion before, and I'm fine with ioi's numbers as long as you realize where he gets them. However with these non-GAF sites posting them, they'll have no idea where these numbers came from. I could see this leading to some confusion down the road. Oh, well.

On topic ...

Nintendogs numbers are artificial (same with the main Pokemon games). That said, I plan on buying Dalmations in October. :D

Tamagotchi probably would've done better in the U.S. if they'd bothered to translate more of the game. Then again, maybe mostly Japanese names for people/food/objects is part of the "appeal" of Tamagotchi.

As far as individual titles go, NSMB will soon be the number 1 seller worldwide. :) It could even, eventually, surpass the combined Nintendogs.

These are official shipment numbers, nothing wrong with them in that respect.

ioi

Banned
A Link to the Past said:
But they aren't million sellers, Christ

If it's shipped, SAY SHIPPED, don't ****ing call it sales figures.

shipped=sold give or take a few tens of thousands in most of these cases

ioi said:
Sony != Nintendo :lol

Only the most anal of people jump into a thread like this and go "wait a minute, that's shipped not sold"

Give it a rest, please!
You keep a website of videogame sales and you're calling people anal?
;)

ioi

Banned
Billy Rygar said:
You keep a website of videogame sales and you're calling people anal?
;)

Yep!!

"but, that's not official"
"but it's shipped not sold"

etc etc

Whether Nintendogs has actually sold 7.3m or 7.4m or 7.6m who cares, it doesn't make it any less or more impressive. Quibbling over a couple of percent here or there or the way somebody has worded something is being anal.

Top Bottom