• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New DLC coming for Until Dawn titled Rush of Blood

Dawg

According to an email received today by Destructoid, verified and confirmed through a second independent source, Sony is currently performing market testing in the UK on a piece of Until Dawn DLC, tentatively titled Rush of Blood.

The DLC, which appears to be an on-rails first-person shooter, is being designed to work with PlayStation VR.

Well you get transported around inside a mine cart; it's very literally an on-rails experience. There are a few scattered jumpscares, as you'd expect, but I played the same 20 minute section twice (once with DS4, once with dual Move controllers), so I'm hoping the full DLC is a lot more padded out. I didn't see which character I was playing as, I'm not sure if it's specified, but no names were mentioned at all.

It starts off shooting targets in the snow, then moves toward a house and as you get deeper into the house, enemies start appearing
(I believe they were Wendigos). The frequently reused jumpscare is the 'ghost' from inside the house in Until Dawn, who you end up fighting for the final area I played. Upon killing the ghost, the game would crash every time.
While it's currently unclear how far along this DLC project is, it seems like it's set in the same areas as the main game, and relies heavily on motion controls.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-ne...7.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

antitrop

On-rail shooter? what the fuck

Motherfucking spoilers for Until Dawn in that description, too, don't read it if you haven't finished the main game.

Krakn3Dfx

If they're considering DLC, the game clearly did well sales wise, good to see. One of the best this year without a doubt.

That sounds pretty awful.

And GOD DAMNIT at the spoilers in that description. Please tell me the game I just purchased a few days ago but haven't played yet hasn't been ruined for me.

vL8naZX.gif

Could be fun

Sounds like they are harkening back to the original version of this game. Seems like less of a DLC and more of a small VR project.

A-V-B

Sounds like it was something else until Sony saw how popular Until Dawn was and decided to attach the IP to boost sales...

DR2K

Banned
I hated the game when it went from
Scream/Saw
to another
zombie-ish
game. This demo appeals to people that enjoyed the latter.

Azlan

Meh. This could be fun in VR, but I would love some more REAL Until Dawn content. If true, they should get rid of the Until Dawn branding. Otherwise it is such a tease.

antitrop

I hated the game when it went from
Scream/Saw
to another
zombie-ish
game. This demo appeals to people that enjoyed the latter.

I was glad the game didn't stay one-note the entire time. At least they did something with their twist, instead of the way The Order 1886 introduces its twist and then just fucking drops it like it shouldn't have even been there in the first place.

GavinUK86

Yo, Dawg, spoiler tag some of that quote and a mod needs to add spoiler to the title.

I also don't want an on rails shooter lol. What the hell??

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was coming in to say how excited I was for more Until Dawn but this is not what I expected, even for a VR release.

DR2K

Banned
I was glad the game didn't stay one-note the entire time. At least they did something with their twist, instead of the way The Order 1886 introduces its twist and then just fucking drops it like it shouldn't have even been there in the first place.

It lost what made is special and unique to me.

I'll ask again: having not played this game yet (bought it on sale last week), has it now been ruined for me?

No. Not really.

Here's hoping that this dlc was from a small segment of the development team and another dlc is in line with the main game is being worked on.

AdaWong

Am I sensing another Heavy Rain DLC situation?

"Heavy Rain DLC announced! 4 extra chapters for each character!"
"The first DLC chapter is available now!"
"Rest of this exciting DLC cancelled due to Sony forcing us to implement Sony's gimmicky Move in the game."

"Until Dawn did VERY well critically AND commercially! Already planning DLC!"
"DLC now is an on-rail shooter that supports Sony's VR system."

u1Iqy7E.jpg

Top Bottom