• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

I'm guessing the bosses for those stages will be Red, going with the theme. Is this the case?

I'll be fine for mass farming, as long as they aren't Blue. >_>

Just for you, the entire stage will be nothing but blue enemies/bosses.
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
zlEoB65.jpg

Milr

According to the database, starting February 15th, following the Valentine's Day summons, we'll get the Gacha event "Captains Selection Vol.1." This is for Global, I haven't looked into Japan, yet.
There does not seem to be a rate up and no new characters. Featured characters are looking to be Genryuusei, Retsu, Komamura and Tosen. Possibly there are more, I really don't know.
According to him, it ends the 22nd. Pile up them orbs.

chrono01

As much as I'd like a Genryuusei, if this is the next event I'll be passing. I need to save for the Nel/Nnoitra batch, I was hoping that would be next.

Now, if we were getting a Grimmjow/Hollow Ichigo/etc event, I might be encouraged to throw a few orbs...

Milr

I wish they had events for accessories, like attribute themed. I'd definitely be willing to drop some orbs on blue accessories.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wish the game would let you save different link configurations and setups for your units when switching between regular play and battle mode. Kinda hate that i always have to switch links for 3-4 units whenever im doing the battle mode.
Yeah, the Valentine Day characters have been found in the character book, so that's likely what the download was for. I'm excited too, the story seemed interesting as well.

I'm guessing we'll get it just as the Shinji/Gin event ends, since I can't see them having three events running at the same time.
Sounds about right, looking forward to the Valentine stage then. Can you get a 4* drop there as well or only 3* ?
Meh, thats kinda lame...i would rather try my luck again on the Valentine Gacha for Rukia.

chrono01

Yeah, I'd love to have different link setups that you can easily switch between, since (typically) PVE and PVP ones differ quite a bit. :/

Also, don't you just love when you play co-op and the weaker characters (Renji, I've found, is the worst offender) grab ALL of the special orbs. Then, when the boss appears, they continually spam the special when (in reality) the time it takes for the animation is less damage than if you attacked normally. I was just in a co-op match with TWO Renji. It was a nightmare.

Hikotsu...TAIHOU!

Yeah, I'd love to have different link setups that you can easily switch between, since (typically) PVE and PVP ones differ quite a bit. :/

Also, don't you just love when you play co-op and the weaker characters (Renji, I've found, is the worst offender) grab ALL of the special orbs. Then, when the boss appears, they continually spam the special when (in reality) the time it takes for the animation is less damage than if you attacked normally. I was just in a co-op match with TWO Renji. It was a nightmare.

Hikotsu...TAIHOU!

That's why I'll often try to gather up the spirit bombs whenever I see them. I only use them in co-op when I'm playing as Orihime, but I grab them just to save time on the pointless casting from co-op partners.

I also can't stand when I try to join a high level stage and people join with super low level characters (saw a lvl 3 today >_>). They die within seconds and then stick around to get the victory from us carrying them. The game needs a kick system in it's party queue-up menu, badly.

cw_sasuke

That's why I'll often try to gather up the spirit bombs whenever I see them. I only use them in co-op when I'm playing as Orihime, but I grab them just to save time on the pointless casting from co-op partners.

Hah ...i will do that as well from now on. Especially now that Coop clears are part of the daily/weekly missions...just the worst when you know the Boss would be down in less than 10 secs but low lvl party members keep activating their useless Supers.
I also can't stand when I try to join a high level stage and people join with super low level characters (saw a lvl 3 today >_>). They die within seconds and then stick around to get the victory from us carrying them. The game needs a kick system in it's party queue-up menu, badly.
...a lvl 3 unit shouldnt even be able to join such high lvl stages. This only means that the Host will cancel the game or will have to wait longer for that person to eventually leave the game.

...a lvl 3 unit shouldnt even be able to join such high lvl stages. This only means that the Host will cancel the game or will have to wait longer for that person to eventually leave the game.
The Host started the stage the the lvl 3 fool died on the first wave of enemies >_<.

Milr

Yeah, the way co op is set up it's almost impossible to find a random team that can clear level 90+ content (though I did find a couple yesterday, Orihime MVP). I'll generally try to stick with level 60s that are soloable because of this. :/

My Line groups are getting less and less active. The grind for evolving 3 and 4* accessories is going to be too much for the average player really.

SoulUnison

Banned
They REALLY need to clean up the way Co-Op Quests work.
Maybe give the option to impose a strict level range, or something.

You shouldn't be allowed to join a game if you're more than 10 levels below the "recommended level" unless it's a private room with friends.

I am completely sick of trying to start LV. 100 Co-Op Quests and getting rooms full of Lv. 30s and 50s who just sit there like you owe it to them to waste you Tickets on trying to carry them.

cw_sasuke

You shouldn't be allowed to join a game if you're more than 10 levels below the "recommended level" unless it's a private room with friends.

I am completely sick of trying to start LV. 100 Co-Op Quests and getting rooms full of Lv. 30s and 50s who just sit there like you owe it to them to waste you Tickets on trying to carry them.

Even worse when those lvl 50/60 units are 4* or 5* Renji...i mean come on guys - this wont work lol.

chrono01

Yeah, the way co op is set up it's almost impossible to find a random team that can clear level 90+ content (though I did find a couple yesterday, Orihime MVP). I'll generally try to stick with level 60s that are soloable because of this. :/

My Line groups are getting less and less active. The grind for evolving 3 and 4* accessories is going to be too much for the average player really.

Even worse when those lvl 50/60 units are 4* or 5* Renji...i mean come on guys - this wont work lol.
I agree completely. There really should be a level restriction on the maps to prevent Level 10 characters running a 60+ mission. Often-times, as previously mentioned, I'll have a room with appropriately-leveled people and then, seconds before starting, someone will switch to a low level/4* character. I'm not sure why, as XP is insanely easy to get. Kind of frustrating really.

And yes, Renji doesn't really count as a 5*, haha. Honestly, the event Lisa 4* is better than him.

SoulUnison

Banned
Join a Lv. 50 Co-Op room.
Lv 49 Soi Fon and LV 65 Renji. Not too bad!

Lv. 30 Byakuya joins and proceeds to run ahead and grab every Life Orb and Special Orb, then promptly dies.
(But of course he sticks around to spectate and mooch accessories and EXP.)
Even more frustrating because my one LV. 100 5* is Genryusai, and he has one of the BEST Special Attacks for whittling down bosses.
But, no. They'd rather hog all the Special Orbs and keep cherry tapping things.

Next up: Random Join a LV. 100 room being hosted by a Lv. 30 Grimmjow and a Lv. Fucking 3 2* Ichigo.

Oh cool, now there's a Lv. 100 Bankai Ichigo who spent the entire quest following everyone around but never once actually attacked anything.
I take it back. He gathers Life Orbs and Special Orbs...he just doesn't attack enemies. What the fuck is up with this playerbase?

Question: I know when you fuse two Accessories together you get a random Accessory of the next "rank," but does it keep the same "color/attribute?"
IE: If I fuse together two "red" Accessories, is the result always "red," or is the color random, too?

Final Question: Did the update change the way Co-Op Quests work?
You used to have to complete a Quest as the host for it to count as "cleared" for you, but now I have some Quests marked "cleared" that I know I never hosted.

Milr

Question: I know when you fuse two Accessories together you get a random Accessory of the next "rank," but does it keep the same "color/attribute?"
IE: If I fuse together two "red" Accessories, is the result always "red," or is the color random, too?

Final Question: Did the update change the way Co-Op Quests work?
You used to have to complete a Quest as the host for it to count as "cleared" for you, but now I have some Quests marked "cleared" that I know I never hosted.
First, the attribute is completely random. Fused 2 blue 2*s and ended up with a red 3*.

Second, yes. That update happened last week when they updated daily and weekly mission rewards.

chrono01

I love trying to help people out in co-op by choosing a healer, only to have one of the 4* low-leveled melee run on ahead and grab all of the soul crystals. Then, when I run out of souls keep them alive, they scream "Please heal me!" in text across the screen. I think I might just let them die next time. I'm sorry, it sounds mean, but they kind of brought it upon themselves. I try to grab whichever ones I can (I save them if there's a Genryuusei or Mayuri in the group, since their specials are great) but it doesn't always work out.

Oh, I've played more with Valentine Rukia in co-op and, if she ever pops her team buff, it's essentially a win for me. It's ridiculously over-powered. She doesn't always get it off unfortunately, since she's sometimes interrupted, but if she ever does...

Milr

All of these nightmarish co op scenarios are why I'm sticking with level 60 unless it's a private room lol. Easily soloable with a level 100.

Oh, I've played more with Valentine Rukia in co-op and, if she ever pops her team buff, it's essentially a win for me. It's ridiculously over-powered. She doesn't always get it off unfortunately, since she's sometimes interrupted, but if she ever does...
Did you mean PvP and not co op? I played a few matches against Nels and wondered why they never used the buff on me. I didn't realize that animation could get interrupted so easily. :eek:

I've also had a few co ops with Nel and Rukia and that buff is really nice to have. When I pick one of them as a friend for story though, the AI doesn't like to use it.

Edit: Oh, and another back to back event to replace Shinji and Gin! Very grateful for these. I'm down to my last 3 farmable 3*s, and then I'm completely maxed out on orbs, aside from a couple of 1*s I missed. Not sure if I'll even bother with those.

linkent

BlueW0lv said:
  • 100 Orbs over 5 days
Available until 3/6

• 100,000 coins and 10 of each crystal

Available until 2/22
  • Quests that give lots of character XP

Each quest lasts half an hour, Quest 1 starts at 10:00, Quest 2 starts at 14:00, Quest 3 at 18:00, Quest 4 at 22:00, Quest 5 at 2:00, and Quest 6 at 6:00. I'm assuming JST and that they'll happen everyday until the 22nd
  • All training ground dungeons open on the next 2 weekends
  • Entire player base kills Hollows and we get orbs for each milestone, a total of 100 for 500 million total hollows, notices on total kill count on twitter and in game news.
10 million Hollows - 10 orbs
100 million - 10 orbs
200 million -10 orbs
300 million - 20 orbs
400 million - 20 orbs
500 million - 30 orbs
So a total of 200 orbs from giveaways and events and 90 orbs from the quests, plus a lot of coins and crystals, awesome event imo

10 million downloads event!
Really generous number of orbs there!

chrono01

All of these nightmarish co op scenarios are why I'm sticking with level 60 unless it's a private room lol. Easily soloable with a level 100.

Did you mean PvP and not co op? I played a few matches against Nels and wondered why they never used the buff on me. I didn't realize that animation could get interrupted so easily. :eek:

I've also had a few co ops with Nel and Rukia and that buff is really nice to have. When I pick one of them as a friend for story though, the AI doesn't like to use it.

Edit: Oh, and another back to back event to replace Shinji and Gin! Very grateful for these. I'm down to my last 3 farmable 3*s, and then I'm completely maxed out on orbs, aside from a couple of 1*s I missed. Not sure if I'll even bother with those.
Sorry yeah, I meant PVP. It does have a tendency to be interrupted, but it's insanely powerful when I can actually get it cast.

Also, I agree. It's nice to see a constant string of events, it definitely keeps me busy. It's a shame so few here seem to be playing this, I really enjoy the gameplay and the game looks better than you would expect for a mobile game.

Speaking of in-game events...

10 million downloads event!
Really generous number of orbs there!
This is insanely generous. 100 free Spirit Orbs, and likely more after the annihilation event is finished (up to a maximum of 200, that's almost a free ten-pull!). I was kind of hoping for that event Toshiro, since then I wouldn't feel pressured to buy the PVP one, but I'm sure we'll get him eventually.

This is really cool to see, though. Keep it up, KLab!

chrono01

Dont put Rukia as leader.
Leader will stand in front of the others, so will get hit early, thus interrupted.
Haha, no worries I don't.

I have her up as my current leader now, so her buff can help speed up clear times for my friends (if she chooses to use it, that is). I always lead with Aizen when I PVP, though. Even still, she doesn't use it at any set time (it's random), so sometimes she uses it right away (before someone attacks her) and other times not until later in the fight (when she's getting pounded on).

cw_sasuke

Rukias new training stage is very good for exp - +5k exp with booster and you need less than 2 minutes to clear it.

Also did a couple Yolo pulls because i was bored...pulled Kaname on my 4th pull, very nice. Not the best 5* out there but my first QCK 5*.

chrono01

Rukias new training stage is very good for exp - +5k exp with booster and you need less than 2 minutes to clear it.

Also did a couple Yolo pulls because i was bored...pulled Kaname on my 4th pull, very nice. Not the best 5* out there but my first QCK 5*.
Aww yeah, congrats! I know you've been wanting a Speed unit for a while, I'm glad to see you were successful!

cw_sasuke

Aww yeah, congrats! I know you've been wanting a Speed unit for a while, I'm glad to see you were successful!
Heh thanks... It's funny because I'm still planning to get Zangetsu once I have enough medals... I thought he would be my first QCK units.

That 10 Mio download event is looking good. Let's kill Hollows xD

Milr

Very generous 10 million downloads event. Kind of disappointed that they're only opening the spirit crystals training stages on weekends, and not all of the accessory stages as well, but a small nitpick.

Just waiting on the Nel/Nnoitra Gacha. :)

And congrats on the 5* Tousen, Sasuke!

linkent

pulled Kaname on my 4th pull, very nice. Not the best 5* out there but my first QCK 5*.

Gratz!

Just when i am looking to farm more Mind Shunsui, he dropped in this new event.
Be sure to keep him as well as Mind Uryu as they have +14normal attack trait.

YES! Really happy with this.
Completed Legend Very Hard quest.
Didnt expect it to be that fast.
Used ATK and Focus Boost, with ssk's VIchigo (Thanks!)

Quad Drops!

Milr

Wow, nice luck.

Well, that new OP xp quest helped finish off the rest of my 3*s.

I now have no more farmable orbs except for the 4* from the event (when I get her) plus 3 1*s. I guess the other 10 I'm missing are gacha only 3*s that I shouldn't have used for ascension from summon tickets, plus Renji lol.

SoulUnison

Banned
Is there an "Unequip All" button hidden somewhere?
There really should be.

Trying to track down who you have linked to who and what accessories are equipped to random characters you don't use anymore is an absolute nightmare.

Milr

Looks like Captain's Selection Vol 2 has been confirmed as the next gacha. It's actually not a bad pool with Aizen, Byakuya and Mayuri, but Nel/Nnoitra can't be too far off now.

cw_sasuke

Gratz!
Just when i am looking to farm more Mind Shunsui, he dropped in this new event.
Be sure to keep him as well as Mind Uryu as they have +14normal attack trait.
Nice...you already got Zangetsu. How do you like him so far ?
Looks like Captain's Selection Vol 2 has been confirmed as the next gacha. It's actually not a bad pool with Aizen, Byakuya and Mayuri, but Nel/Nnoitra can't be too far off now.

Thats a solid selection, Aizen is my Most Wanted unit in this game...but the chance of pulling him will probably be quite low. Hmm...

Milr

Thats a solid selection, Aizen is my Most Wanted unit in this game...but the chance of pulling him will probably be quite low. Hmm...
If it's just Aizen you want, he'll also be available in the Nel/Nnoitra gacha that has the rate up for 5*s.

cw_sasuke

If it's just Aizen you want, he'll also be available in the Nel/Nnoitra gacha that has the rate up for 5*s.

Oh nice, good to know - thanks, guess i will be waiting then :-D

linkent

He still lose to VIchigo sometimes, maybe i need better accessory for him.
Better than VRukia in PVP.
A nice character to have but i think Tessai should be the best choice in this pvp batch, especially so to those that doesnt have a NY.Byakuya.

I am a scrub at PVP so I only have 520ish medals. However, I'm planning on grabbing Tessai when I get enough. All of my 5* pulls have been Red (V.Ichigo, B.Ichigo, Hiyori, Chad) or Orange (Orihime, Kaien), so having a Green 5* will make missions with Blue bosses far more feasible. It should also be nice to have a ranged unit for PVP.

Milr

Saw Linkent the other day as a 2x battle, and my Grimmjow lost to that Zangetsu lol, it wasn't even close

I am a scrub at PVP so I only have 520ish medals. However, I'm planning on grabbing Tessai when I get enough. All of my 5* pulls have been Red (V.Ichigo, B.Ichigo, Hiyori, Chad) or Orange (Orihime, Kaien), so having a Green 5* will make missions with Blue bosses far more feasible. It should also be nice to have a ranged unit for PVP.
Tessai is definitely the best pick for anyone without a NY Byakuya. So good.

2 more days for mine, then I can finally ditch Lisa, poor girl. :p

Edit:

Found in team effects listed in game.

Milr

I for the love of god can't find the 3* green Mayuri. Every place I go to has the orange version drop instead. :(
There are 2 different colors of almost every 3*. Generally, 1 color is gacha exclusive while the other is drop exclusive though there are a couple exceptions (Ichigo & Chad off the top of my head).

cw_sasuke

Does this event drop anything else besides Blue 4* Grimmjow and Purple 3* Ichigo?

Nope, so yeah its quite boring...tbh the whole game is kinda getting boring. The essential part - the coop - doesnt really work well with randoms and clearing the mission with max lvl 5* is also easy.

linkent

Nope, so yeah its quite boring...tbh the whole game is kinda getting boring. The essential part - the coop - doesnt really work well with randoms and clearing the mission with max lvl 5* is also easy.
Definitely.

Adding coop quest with better reward is good.(where is the toshiro coop?!!)
Another way is to have more "legend" quest with better reward too. Maybe accessories or good characters for link.
There is no reason to do the legend quest when we can auto the current event for 4* chance.

Milr

Definitely.

Adding coop quest with better reward is good.(where is the toshiro coop?!!)
Another way is to have more "legend" quest with better reward too. Maybe accessories or good characters for link.
There is no reason to do the legend quest when we can auto the current event for 4* chance.
Agreed, the way they've set up difficulty is silly. Challenge is there with events like Gotei 13, but it's a 1 time reward on an event that lasts a full month.. yet we get weekly quests with 4* drops that can be auto'd half asleep.

I think adding accessory drops would definitely make them unique enough for players to want to go back to after getting the reward tickets.

chrono01

Yeah, the current event is BORING and, honestly, farming co-op just isn't fun with the lag and/or low-level players joining high-level content and not being able to kick them. One thing I've started doing for fun, that I read on Reddit, is rotating my character at the preparation screen towards the lower level player to somewhat "shame" them. It doesn't work in getting them to quit, but it's the last I can do. Just don't bring a Level 23 character into a Level 100 mission. Just please. Don't.

I really wish they would add accessory drops to normal missions. I mean, I get why they do it the way they do, so people will run co-op, but I think a lot of people would do it anyway, since they can do so for free (by joining another person's quest). I want to farm for accessories, but knowing that I need to struggle through the co-op as it is and I'm really turned off by the prospect.

I love the game, as the gameplay is enjoyable and I like how different the characters are from each other. There's a lot of variation in the way they handle/play, so that's appreciated. It's just unfortunate that there's very little to actually do in-game right now, unless you enjoy the current state of co-op. I do not. :(

I won't quit, since I still have fun with it, but I'm not too worried about "wasting" my tickets and being sure to play every 75 minutes. I log on, do a few quests and PVP, and then that's it. I'm sure we'll get new story content soon, but I really hope they improve the post-game so we have stuff to do in-between content patches.

linkent

Easiest way to make people want to play the game is by adding events that give 5* upon completing all difficulty with 3*.
The event itself will drop material that is needed to complete that 5* souls tree.
Similar to event in RuneStory/ShiroNeko.

The 5* doesnt need to be too good, but give useful character link.

Could also give 3* accessories that needed materials from the event itself to be fused till 5*.

Just hope that they realise their bare content soon before people feel boring and quit.
Please dont be like TerraBattle which is freaking awesome but update are too slow.

OPTC has biweekly fortnight for sometimes powerful and sometimes desirable character to get.
Dokkan has strikes which characters may not be useful compared to UR/5* but nice to collect.

I remember how much I struggled with getting Coins to afford 100%ing my Vchigo and HM Orihime. Due to the last few events being Auto-Battle-fests, I now have over a million Coins (and ~800 Orbs from max leveling nearly all of my peeps).

cw_sasuke

Hope we get new interesting content soon before I have to delete the game for space I my phone.. lol.

Milr

JAPAN NEWS
New JP Event 2/29 - 3/5: Story of 110 Years Past

A drop-based event featuring speed attribute Aizen Sousuke, with a different soul trait. It seems this event also can drop accessories.
Taken from Reddit. Can't wait for this one!

Also, that 4* Aizen's soul trait is Normal Attack +16%, very useful.

Top Bottom