• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

From what difficulty?
Very Hard. I auto it w/ my lvl. 100 V.Ichigo + 2 units I'm leveling (one w/ 3* Urahara link for more coins).

Edit: I got 2 more Shinji tonight. Bringing my grand totals to:
- 4 Shinji
- 3 Gin

I merged 3 of the Shinji into another one, along with 5 3* Shinji to fully ascend him. I'll do the same once I get another Gin drop, then I'll likely focus on Gin's stage for higher EXP / Coin yield (They both seem to lotto drop their 4* version at the same frequency, so that's not a factor).

linkent

Auto-ing very hard since the event start.
3x4* Shinji, many2 3* to ascend 1 to 70.
5x4* Gin, many3 3* to ascend 2 Gin to 70(1 normal 4*, 1 kura 4*)
All other variant of 3* of them are fully ascended too.

Is my drop luck for this game is insanely high? or i spent more time on this than everybody else.

The Valentine banner show get a 5*, here hoping that it is a multi for a 5* event but really doubtful on that :(

Uthred

I need accessories too. I have a decent PVP line-up (Aizen, NY Orihime, Uryu), I just need accessories. I'm still using the 1* ones. :/

BTW, bookmark that site (http://bravesouls.fyi), it's insanely useful. My compliments to the person that runs it. Oh, as for the banner, it says "Get 5* Valentine's Summons", so I'm hoping it's one of those things were you're guaranteed one of them per multi-pull, but probably not. It's likely it's just worded that way, but no guarantee.

Regardless, I'll probably do a multi-pull and see how my luck is, unless those that pull earlier than I are having horrible luck with it.

Still using mostly 1* ones myself, looking at that site (which is indeed super handy) I didnt realise how good 5* accessories were, +15% to all stats at max and then if you have the same type bonus on top of that? Quite the boost

Milr

Still using mostly 1* ones myself, looking at that site (which is indeed super handy) I didnt realise how good 5* accessories were, +15% to all stats at max and then if you have the same type bonus on top of that? Quite the boost
Just a note on that +15% to all item - it is a very rare 4* from the gacha. It also reduces Spiritual Pressure to 0. In reality it's useful for very few monsters.. even half of grimmjow's attacks use SP. The new tech kenpachi is 100% atk, dunno who else is.

4* Gin still hasn't dropped for me lol, loads of 3* used them to accessed the two 3* versions he had, and managed to accend my Vizard Ichigo to 80 lol; at least for this event I can put it on autoplay and get coins.

Uthred

It will take a whole lot more than just 10 runs to get the 4*s.
Ex: I've been running Gin's level all night today and he's popped up only twice.

Doing better than me, been playing it fairly regularly since the event launched and tonight was the first time I got him

chrono01

I received one 4* Gin/Shinji. That was on the first day of the event, and I've been farming it every since, aside from the scattered run for Large Crystals. So yeah. :/

Also, the Rukiya/Nel Valentine units apparently have a special "hidden" ability that increases the effect of your teammates abilities in co-op mode for a limited time. Could be useful, but I'm really hesitant to try for them due to a non rate-up. :(

http://imgur.com/a/MvNmY

The event should start late in the evening on the 8th, since the Global server is on JST.

Milr

Also, the Rukiya/Nel Valentine units apparently have a special "hidden" ability that increases the effect of your teammates abilities in co-op mode for a limited time. Could be useful, but I'm really hesitant to try for them due to a non rate-up. :(
I know the news post specifically said these new abilities were useful for Co-op, but I am curious about PvP implications. This ability is actually in a strong attack slot, so if this effects your PvP team mates, this could turn into an OP new strategy, not to mention their stats are actually very good.

No rate up was expected. Still waiting.. unless they give us the Nel / Nnoitra gacha directly after Valentine's, I could very well stockpile 3k orbs lol. Insane. Can't help but feel a lot of disappointment awaits me after all of this anticipation though. :/

Got up to rank 32 in PvP yesterday and dropped 30 spots overnight. Only had to spend 3 orbs to get back in, hopefully that'll tide me over for the next couple of hours.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I received one 4* Gin/Shinji. That was on the first day of the event, and I've been farming it every since, aside from the scattered run for Large Crystals. So yeah. :/

http://imgur.com/a/MvNmY

The event should start late in the evening on the 8th, since the Global server is on JST.

Sounds interesting, which makes it even tougher not to pull heh.

I still like the game but i gotta be honest, the only real challenging part seems to be PvP and you dont even control your party here and have to rely on RNG, dont know how long that can hold my interest.

Coop would be cool but getting a party together to play is quite an effort as well and the rewards are so so at best. As in you need to replay those stage a dozen of times to have enough to only level up one item.

RalchAC

I haven't been able to play at all in the last few days. Too much stuff to do.

I'm starting to worry that I may not be able to play both this and OPTC.

cw_sasuke

I haven't been able to play at all in the last few days. Too much stuff to do.

I'm starting to worry that I may not be able to play both this and OPTC.

Heh...kinda feel the same, with Sockets being now added i feel i need to put my focus back to OPTC xD

I've been using the current event to level up my characters limits, and the coins given is rather nice, 4* Gin finally drop and the way I'm playing atm is using your guys whilst autoplay and level up everyone to get those soul orbs levels.

And yes focus is more or less back on OPTC, gotta get another Kaku and 2 Luccis lol

Uthred

Are you not able to set a 5* as the soul link for another 5*? It says I already have Renji set to someone else but I dont

Edit: Welp, seems to be working now, weird

SoulUnison

Banned
Has the game gotten really slow and the loading screens much longer and more frequent for anyone else over the last couple days/since the last update?

EDIT: I just got another update and it seems to have cleared up the problem and made the app much snappier, so...yay.

chrono01

The Valentine's batch is up, but I'm probably going to wait. We should be receiving the Nel/Nnoitra/Szayel batch is release. Nnoitra/Szayel, in particular, are amazing, and if Global follows suit it'll be a double rate-up. Of course, we'll have a bunch of other/current 5* to pull in it too (Vizard Ichigo, Unohana, Soi Fon, Yoruichi, among many others), but at least you'll have a chance at the new ones and if not, a possibility of getting something out of it.

I love the stats/appearance of the Valentine units, but I'll have to see more of their actual combat abilities/moveset before I decide. Stats aren't everything, if they're slow and/or have poor standard attacks.

Edit: I couldn't resist. The waifu pull was too strong. I did a ten-pull:

*event characters in bold*

- 5* Valentine's Day Rukia! [!!!!!]
- 4* Mashiro
- 4* Valentine's Day Soi Fon
- A bunch of 3*

BUT THAT RUKIA! I've been wanting a 5* Rukia for a while now, and she's a melee-type, just what I needed.

Edit #2:

I used Rukia a bit, and she seems pretty nice. Her stats aren't quite as high as Yachiru/Momo [she's tied with Nel, though], but she attacks really fast. Not only that, they have a chance to inflict paralysis upon contact, and her special ability guarantees it [in addition to doing damage, of course]. Paralysis is better than the stun that Aizen gets, since the enemy literally can't do anything for 2-4 seconds.

Plus Rukiya attacks with a giant chocolate Chappy. She also uses a ladle as her melee weapon.

Milr

Congrats Chrono! Rukia has the buff to team mates right? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it when you play her more

chrono01

Congrats Chrono! Rukia has the buff to team mates right? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it when you play her more
Thanks!

She does, it also buffs her abilities too. I'm curious as to whether it works in PVP or not, if it does it could potentially be pretty powerful.

I'm still leveling her though, so it'll be a while before she gets any difficult co-op use. I might try her out in an easy quest later on today and see. I've already ascended her once (I was just about to ascend Uryu, thankfully I waited) and filled out her Soul tree quite a bit. She's my top priority right now.

...Actually, she's my only priority. I've finished ascending Aizen/NY Orihime, so all ascension material goes to Rukia.

cw_sasuke

Chrono again getting the unit i wanted - Congrats heh !! We def. need to try out coop at some point.

Also did a 10 pull end ended up getting 5* Nel. I wanted Rukia but at least she is a Mind 5Ü which i was missing so far - if i get Toshiro/Zengetsu from PvP i will have all colors represented from my 5*.

Rukia would have been great though.

linkent

Gratz chrono,ssk.

Got Rukia too, spent too many orbs for her.
A multi of no 5*, Rangiku+Soifon is there.
Then another 6 Singles which netted me that Rukia.

The unit I wanted the most is Ulquiorra, hope the next batch is his released form.

Uthred

That co-op bonus seems pretty beefy, saw a lvl 37 Nel one shot both bosses in the 60 co-op dungeon with a special

qcf x2

I wanted a 5* Valentines Day character :( I got a 4* Rukia, but I have 5* special dress Inoue as my shooter/healer already.

All outta soul gems. Oh well.

Milr

Congrats sasuke and link!

Better luck next time, Adawg and qc. :( I've been maxing characters for orbs and I'm starting to get close to hitting a wall, orbs are certainly getting precious.

She does, it also buffs her abilities too. I'm curious as to whether it works in PVP or not, if it does it could potentially be pretty powerful.
Should definitely be interesting to see :)

That co-op bonus seems pretty beefy, saw a lvl 37 Nel one shot both bosses in the 60 co-op dungeon with a special
Are you sure that wasn't a damage modifier from a hacked apk lol?

chrono01

Chrono again getting the unit i wanted - Congrats heh !! We def. need to try out coop at some point.

Also did a 10 pull end ended up getting 5* Nel. I wanted Rukia but at least she is a Mind 5Ü which i was missing so far - if i get Toshiro/Zengetsu from PvP i will have all colors represented from my 5*.

Rukia would have been great though.
Funny how that works out, huh? If it's any consolation, a lot of people over on Reddit are desperately trying to pull Nel, so you did great. It might not have been the one you wanted, but she's a damn fine unit. Congrats to you!

As for co-op, we definitely should. I've been meaning to ask, does anyone get lag often with co-op? Like when you attack enemies they get damaged a split second later, and when you activate your special it takes a few seconds to register. It doesn't seem to happen when I host which is nice, but happens pretty much 90% of the time when I join random matches. It could be the hosts Internet connection, and if that's so...a lot of people have poor connections. :(

Gratz chrono,ssk.

Got Rukia too, spent too many orbs for her.
A multi of no 5*, Rangiku+Soifon is there.
Then another 6 Singles which netted me that Rukia.

The unit I wanted the most is Ulquiorra, hope the next batch is his released form.
Congrats on the Rukia! d(^_^)v

12 pulls, no 5*s, no Valentine's units, all out of orbs, all sadness.
Sorry man. Not a good way to spend pre-Valentine's Day. :(

I wanted a 5* Valentines Day character :( I got a 4* Rukia, but I have 5* special dress Inoue as my shooter/healer already.

All outta soul gems. Oh well.
Hey, at least NY Orihime is a great unit. Sorry to hear you were unlucky with the Valentine's Day batch.

Speaking of Rukia, here's a video of her in-action. Not mine, but it goes through all of her abilities (and showcases just how cute she is). Also, Rukia's co-op buff DOES work in PVP. 20% increase to all stats for 10 seconds. O_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMCA180rEE

(By the way, the music from 2:30 could get stuck in your head, just a warning. I know it did for me.)

One last thing, I can't emphasize how exciting it is to get a gatcha event THE SAME TIME as Japan. Not months later, but the exact same day. No idea whether they are/aren't "top-tier", not much knowledge on their abilities, where they fit into the overall meta of the game, etc. It's very refreshing, and I wish more gatcha games would do it. Honestly, KLab has been doing a great job keeping everything current, here's hoping it continues.

Also, a video of some Japanese player losing himself as he manages to get Rukia (2:15 in). This was basically me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xst7Gh4IVsY

Milr

One last thing, I can't emphasize how exciting it is to get a gatcha event THE SAME TIME as Japan. Not months later, but the exact same day. No idea whether they are/aren't "top-tier", not much knowledge on their abilities, where they fit into the overall meta of the game, etc. It's very refreshing, and I wish more gatcha games would do it. Honestly, KLab has been doing a great job keeping everything current, here's hoping it continues.
This, so much this. It was oddly satisfying to see so many people ask how good these new units would be when no one had an answer. No more skipping summoning events just because you know a meta breaking card (looking at you Gogeta & Dokkan) is coming and obsoleting anything you'd get from summoning beforehand.

And thanks for the video links. Looks like such an OP ability for PVP. o_O

cw_sasuke

Chapter Five is released! Get those Spirit Orbs.

Very nice, they arent wasting any time...feels like there is a update every day.
Funny how that works out, huh? If it's any consolation, a lot of people over on Reddit are desperately trying to pull Nel, so you did great. It might not have been the one you wanted, but she's a damn fine unit. Congrats to you!

As for co-op, we definitely should. I've been meaning to ask, does anyone get lag often with co-op? Like when you attack enemies they get damaged a split second later, and when you activate your special it takes a few seconds to register. It doesn't seem to happen when I host which is nice, but happens pretty much 90% of the time when I join random matches. It could be the hosts Internet connection, and if that's so...a lot of people have poor connections. :(

Thanks, after trying Nel out for a bit she seems to be a realy good melee unit. For some reason i thought she was the same as regular Nel that Japan got a couple of days ago, but VNel moveset more. Will probably be my to go character for coop.

Yes thats pretty much my coop experience - there is always a small delay when killing the enemies, same for using Supers. Its not that much of an issue on easier content but i can see it being troublesome on high end content.

It also sucks that the "ok" button for stoning if you die in a quest is pretty much in the same that you hit while attacking. Wish they wouldnt immediately show the death screen for stoning after you die...lol.

Also, a video of some Japanese player losing himself as he manages to get Rukia (2:15 in). This was basically me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xst7Gh4IVsY

I agree - other devs could learn a lot from them on how to handle a global version so far. What i also like is that the units from Special Event Gachas like NY or Valentines Day are Top Tier units you want to pull for and not just cheap money grabs like in other games...in PaD for example there are often Special Gacha unit that are worse than the regular versions. Here you get a Top Tier unit in addition to being able to increase your Waifu collection xD

Milr

Wow, that didn't take long. They're really on top of it.

Edit: Are 2*s even droppable? I've gotten 3 3*s already from part 5 normal and no 2*s. Not that it's a bad thing, but interesting.

Up to 5 3*s now, and this is just normal mode. Looks promising.

I got 2/3 stars on Hard 176. I keep missing the time because I waste so long dodging to avoid the status effects (the first star). If I ignore the first star and get the other two (no KO, time) will I still get the 5th orb or do I have to do all 3 in one run for that?

Blue stage (all of my 5s are Red or Orange, with the Orange being low leveled) + dodging like crazy = Takes forever to beat.

chrono01

Wow, that didn't take long. They're really on top of it.

Edit: Are 2*s even droppable? I've gotten 3 3*s already from part 5 normal and no 2*s. Not that it's a bad thing, but interesting.

Up to 5 3*s now, and this is just normal mode. Looks promising.
Yeah, Chapter 5, even on Normal, seems to be dropping a lot more 3* characters than earlier chapters. First run through a level and I got that 3* Kisuke that I've been needing. I still need the 2* variant, but not bad!

I got 2/3 stars on Hard 176. I keep missing the time because I waste so long dodging to avoid the status effects (the first star). If I ignore the first star and get the other two (no KO, time) will I still get the 5th orb or do I have to do all 3 in one run for that?
Nope, you only need to do it once. If you got the time/no death one, feel free to take your time (if you need it) to avoid all status effects.

Nope, you only need to do it once. If you got the time/no death one, feel free to take your time (if you need it) to avoid all status effects.
I got the first two, it's the time one that kills me. It takes my lv. 100 V.Ichigo way too long to kill the blue enemies, while both my Kaien and Orihime are too weak to do so any quicker (100 Green Friend usually slays Dordoni quickly).

chrono01

I got the first two, it's the time one that kills me. It takes my lv. 100 V.Ichigo way too long to kill the blue enemies, while both my Kaien and Orihime are too weak to do so any quicker (100 Green Friend usually slays Dordoni quickly).
Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, same thing then. Don't worry about status effects/death, burn through it as quickly as possible. If you still can't do it, you can always return later on when you grab a character that's strong against ATK. I went through it as Aizen, so obviously I had no problem, but I could tell that it was one of the longer levels. If you have a type weak against it, I can see how it might be an issue.

My OCD is raging at me right now to keep at it (It is the only story orb I'm missing), but I just can't do it with my team. I'll have to skip that one and come back to it when I have a good Green unit.

BTW: Hard 178 (Cirucci) is a fantastic place for Green Crystal farming.
PRD4JyE.png
The coin total was boosted by 3 linked 3* Urahara; +11, +7, +7.

chrono01

My OCD is raging at me right now to keep at it (It is the only story orb I'm missing), but I just can't do it with my team. I'll have to skip that one and come back to it when I have a good Green unit.

BTW: Hard 178 (Cirucci) is a fantastic place for Green Crystal farming.

The coin total was boosted by 3 linked 3* Urahara; +11, +7, +7.
Oh man, thanks for he tip. I need lot of Large Stamina Crystals, so this will come in handy.

Also, there's another KLab stream starting on NicoNico in less than an hour. There's another Bleach challenge so, if they're successful, we should be receiving more Spirit Orbs because of it.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv251146212

Milr

I'm having the same problem with Grimmjow on 178, I feel your pain. Best time is 4 mins and change and it's just impossible for me to get the DPS for <3 atm. Might go back later and switch out both Kisuke links for 40% normal attack, but not terribly optimistic.

I used all of my orbs from Chapter 5 + 100'ing Kaien to do another Valentine's 10-pull ...

12 pulls, no 5*s, no Valentine's units, all out of orbs, all sadness.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. ;A;

After wasting a boatload of gems in OPTC on a disastrous Sugofest, I should have expected this. Heck, I even got the exact same two 4* as last time, Unohana and Cirucci.

Weirdly, the animation froze on the second pull and I had to press skip to jump to pull results screen.

Milr

I'm sorry Adawg, RNG is a cruel temptress. :(

So I went back and gave 178 a few more tries.. this was just about the most challenging thing I've had to do on this game; right up there with Gotei 13 Legend. Ended up using my full PVP team & links, though Orihime had 2 kisukes.

It sounds weird, but I'm starting to get mixed feelings about spending my orb stash (pt 5 brought me over the 3k milestone). I'm not so sure I want easy mode.

chrono01

I used all of my orbs from Chapter 5 + 100'ing Kaien to do another Valentine's 10-pull ...

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. ;A;

After wasting a boatload of gems in OPTC on a disastrous Sugofest, I should have expected this. Heck, I even got the exact same two 4* as last time, Unohana and Cirucci.

Weirdly, the animation froze on the second pull and I had to press skip to jump to pull results screen.
Sorry man, not the best day for you. :(

BTW, that stream I mentioned earlier? They didn't have a challenge, but they did have one of the KLab employees do the Valentine's Day ten-pull summon twice. The result? Nothing but 4*. I guess we can say that it isn't rigged for them, haha.

I'm sorry Adawg, RNG is a cruel temptress. :(

So I went back and gave 178 a few more tries.. this was just about the most challenging thing I've had to do on this game; right up there with Gotei 13 Legend. Ended up using my full PVP team & links, though Orihime had 2 kisukes.

It sounds weird, but I'm starting to get mixed feelings about spending my orb stash (pt 5 brought me over the 3k milestone). I'm not so sure I want easy mode.
Wow, 3k orbs? How do you resist not spending them? The Valentine's Day batch is really nice, unless you're waiting/hoping for a rate-up event. We should get one with the Nel/Nnoitra batch, if Global follows the Japanese release. Nice units, too.

Milr

Wow, 3k orbs? How do you resist not spending them? The Valentine's Day batch is really nice, unless you're waiting/hoping for a rate-up event. We should get one with the Nel/Nnoitra batch, if Global follows the Japanese release. Nice units, too.
I guess you could say I'm risk adverse, especially when I KNOW next week I'll be getting Tessai, and even though I've been getting by on Lisa, he will make my team 5x more consistent. PVP rewards are surprisingly good in this game; seems like in most other games they'd be little more than trophies.

Nel/Nnoitora batch seems promising, though the pool is bigger than I'd like, not to mention the fillers are pretty underwhelming aside from Aizen. :/

Oh, and that Chad I got earlier is just awesome lol. Orihime now has -30% damage and is going to frustrate anyone who tries to take her on.

Milr

Well, if any of you want to feel better about your Valentine's summons luck (or lack thereof), feel free to check out Livingichigo's latest video. Ouch.

cw_sasuke

The game downloaded some kind of update today...anyone know what it is for ? Just hope it unlocks the Valentine stages this weekend, they looked quite good.

chrono01

The game downloaded some kind of update today...anyone know what it is for ? Just hope it unlocks the Valentine stages this weekend, they looked quite good.
Yeah, the Valentine Day characters have been found in the character book, so that's likely what the download was for. I'm excited too, the story seemed interesting as well.

I'm guessing we'll get it just as the Shinji/Gin event ends, since I can't see them having three events running at the same time.

Top Bottom