• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Dubs again O_O.
eESkCZ3.png

chrono01

Does Lisa actually drop!? I've been running VH about 10 times, only got a 3* shinji.
I managed to get three of her, but I haven't seen a drop in the last several days. I'm keeping three, for future links with characters. +5 to Attack isn't bad right now, considering how few 4* I have.
I've done 60+ runs so far and only got her once.

Found this in a chat, possible Valentine's leak:
Oh man, that background.

chrono01

I saw the rates on Reddit for the New's Years batch to be pretty good so I pulled twice. I was sitting at a little over 1,000 orbs, so I figured why not?

*Event character in bold*

First Batch:

- 4* Mayuri
- 3* Jushiro
- 3* Toshiro
- 3* Rukia
- 3* orihime
- 3* Chad
- 3* Chad
- 3* Yoruichi
- 3* Orihime
- 4* New Year Rukia (Super Kawaii!)

Second Batch:

- 4* New Year's Ichigo
- 3* Byakuya
- 3* Byakuya
- 3* Jushiro
- 3* Toshiro
- 4* New Year Ichigo
- 4* Genryusai
- 5* New Year's Orihime (YES!)
- 3* Gin

Man, Orihime loves me. I was hoping for Byakuya or Kaien, since I already had the Arrancar Orihime, but I won't complain. Supposedly, the New Year's version is better, since she has better attacks (actually viable in PVP) and currently has the highest SP stat in the game. It's a good thing I never put too much work into my former Orihime, although I did get her to Level 60 and fill out her Soul Tree a bit.

I need more attackers, though! Oh well, I still have a little over 500 Spirit Orbs and Normal Mode/Hard Mode to complete. I'm going to save whatever I have now and hope for the best.

Oh, new characters were added to Medal Exchange (available until 3/31).

- Toshiro
- Zangetsu
- Ururu
- Tessai

Damn, who to go for!?

Congrats, Chrono!

I did a 10 pull and got 2 of the 4* New Year Ichigo and a 4* Unohana.

I'll do some more story mode tomorrow to gather more orbs. I stopped at the start of Chapter 4 on Hard, but now that I have Vizard Ichigo at 100, I'll give it a whirl.

I also have yet to do any coop, so there's 300 more orbs I can gather.

chrono01

Congrats, Chrono!

I did a 10 pull and got 2 of the 4* New Year Ichigo and a 4* Unohana.

I'll do some more story mode tomorrow to gather more orbs. I stopped at the start of Chapter 4 on Hard, but now that I have Vizard Ichigo at 100, I'll give it a whirl.

I also have yet to do any coop, so there's 300 more orbs I can gather.
Thanks! Sorry you weren't as fortunate, but I didn't get lucky until the second ten-pull so maybe the same will apply for you (if you decide to do another). And thanks for reminding me, I still have co-op to do too.

After rying her out, New Year Orihime is definitely better. She attacks at ranged (and relatively quickly) which makes sense for a healer. Not sure why they made it so the Arrancar one was half melee and half ranged, but the New Year's one seems to be a better fit. Should help in PVP too.

chrono01

Grats Chrono!

I did 2 multi pulls myself, 1st gave my NY Orihime and 2nd gave NY Byakuya and NY Ichigo.
Nicely done, congrats!

I really want that Byakuya, but I had it in my mind prior to not do any more than two multi-pull. I'm just relieved I got one in the second.

linkent

gratz guys..

spent 750 orb for a Byakuya..
already have the Bankai one myself..
we should swap Chrono..

dont feel him better than the Bankai version.
Shikai felt low damage, while Ultimate is a straight charge.

chrono01

gratz guys..

spent 750 orb for a Byakuya..
already have the Bankai one myself..
we should swap Chrono..

dont feel him better than the Bankai version.
Shikai felt low damage, while Ultimate is a straight charge.
Haha, that desire sensor hard at work, I see.

Truthfully, I was hoping for Orihime and Byakuya, since the NY version of her is a lot better and healers are important in later co-op missions. I wanted Byakuya more though, since my immediate need for him is greater, but I'll survive. As for whether he's better or not, he definitely is. That's what the general consensus is overall, but personal preference might lean you more towards the Bankai version.

Regardless, you did good and should feel satisfied with that pull. I'm sure he'll serve you well.

Also, congrats on the Byakuya. I probably should have started with that, but better late than never.

linkent

Haha, that desire sensor hard at work, I see.

Truthfully, I was hoping for Orihime and Byakuya, since the NY version of her is a lot better and healers are important in later co-op missions. I wanted Byakuya more though, since my immediate need for him is greater, but I'll survive. As for whether he's better or not, he definitely is. That's what the general consensus is overall, but personal preference might lean you more towards the Bankai version.

Regardless, you did good and should feel satisfied with that pull. I'm sure he'll serve you well.

Also, congrats on the Byakuya. I probably should have started with that, but better late than never.

Aizen is nice! his ultimate in PVP is instant win.
hopefully as a TEQ/Green, Byakuya can beat those Grimjow in PVP.

New PVP Characters are in. wonder which of them is the most worthy.
Toshiro seems nice with his Freeze ultimate.

chrono01

Aizen is nice! his ultimate in PVP is instant win.
hopefully as a TEQ/Green, Byakuya can beat those Grimjow in PVP.

New PVP Characters are in. wonder which of them is the most worthy.
Toshiro seems nice with his Freeze ultimate.
Yeah, Aizen is great in PVP. I'm stacking evasion on him which makes him a nimble attacker. As you mentioned, if I'm able to use his Ultimate (I have strategy set to "Special", for this reason) it's pretty much a win, unless it comes when my other two allies are dead and I have very little life. Even then, it's possible to win.

I was thinking Toshiro too, but I still have time. I only have 150 medals, so it's not as though I can grab one now (although I'll be close with tomorrow's ranking update, maybe the following week?). But yeah, he seems like he'd be good. I could replace Uryu on my PVP team with him (I'll likely keep New Year Orihime, I really love the way she plays).

Edit: Okay, I'm definitely going for Toshiro. He got a 10 rating on Gamerch, although the other two haven't been rated yet. Still, a 10! He seems really nice for a "free" unit, although you do need to PVP to get him.

linkent

Edit: Okay, I'm definitely going for Toshiro. He got a 10 rating on Gamerch, although the other two haven't been rated yet. Still, a 10! He seems really nice for a "free" unit, although you do need to PVP to get him.

Is that the QCK Toshiro?
There 4 types of him in this game.
1. Red which can be farmed in an xmas coop event.
2. Green swimsuit which has best stats and given to high ranking player in an event.
3. Blue in PVP which is similar to his Red version
4. Purple Halloween(this one seem the strongest for me) as he is range character shooting ice!

chrono01

Is that the QCK Toshiro?
There 4 types of him in this game.
1. Red which can be farmed in an xmas coop event.
2. Green swimsuit which has best stats and given to high ranking player in an event.
3. Blue in PVP which is similar to his Red version
4. Purple Halloween(this one seem the strongest for me) as he is range character shooting ice!
It's indeed the quick one. I triple checked, haha.

Edit: Actually, reading up on it more I might choose Zangetsu instead. He's essentially a Bankai Ichigo clone (who I don't have yet) with a higher attack stat. The only thing that worries me about that Toshiro is his bulk. With those wings of his, he's going to be a prime target in PVP.

Milr

Congrats on the 5*s guys!

As tempting as it is with all of the OP pulls floating around, I'm still going to save for Nel (hopefully she's not too far off).

Really not sure how to feel about the new PVP characters getting added so soon. No one even had a chance to get Pesche and they've already pushed out 4 superior characters. I'm excited that they're pushing out content so quickly, but my inner completionist is sad. We'll definitely be dropping orbs on PVP if we want more than one of these.

chrono01

Congrats on the 5*s guys!

As tempting as it is with all of the OP pulls floating around, I'm still going to save for Nel (hopefully she's not too far off).

Really not sure how to feel about the new PVP characters getting added so soon. No one even had a chance to get Pesche and they've already pushed out 4 superior characters. I'm excited that they're pushing out content so quickly, but my inner completionist is sad. We'll definitely be dropping orbs on PVP if we want more than one of these.
Yeah, I wouldn't so disappointed if it was only one new added character (I never planned on getting Pesche anyway, despite being a completionist, he just doesn't seem good) but I do really want Toshiro/Zangetsu. Unfortunately, I'll have to choose between the two, unless I do as you said and use a lot of Spirit Orbs. I'd rather not do that, since I'm sure many have the same idea and you're probably looking at a decent amount.

I might opt to go for Zangetsu, since he's the more unique of the two (I doubt we'll get another Zangetsu character), and hope that we (eventually) get the Attack-attribute of Toshiro (the one previously available as a co-op drop in Japan).

As for Nel, honestly at the rate we've been going I'd be surprised if we didn't see her in February, right alongside the Japanese version. Klab is doing a great job keeping us updated with the characters and not holding them back. Japan just received these New Years characters this month (January), which is really cool to see. I hate gatcha games where the "top current tier" characters are 6+ months away in the Global version, since it makes the experience when you finally do obtain them somewhat bittersweet since there's (more than likely) even new/better characters then available in the Japanese release. Not so here, which is refreshing to see.

thaOwner

Congrats on those pulls guys. I've had a pretty interesting few days since my last post about pulling Grimjaw. After syncing the account to my email, when I tried syncing it to my account on my phone, something went wrong and I am unable to get the data to show up. Attempted rerollling again to see if I'll get lucky again, no dice.

Decided to stick with my original account with Kaname. Since then, I've pulled kenpachi, white ichigo, ulquiorra, hiyori and a 4 star Byakuya. ive lost Grimjaw but im satisfied with my new pulls.

This is all from two multi pulls and single pulls. I just managed to get Kenpachi to ascend past lv60. Any idea on who else I should be focusing ?

Thanks.

linkent

Congrats on those pulls guys. I've had a pretty interesting few days since my last post about pulling Grimjaw. After syncing the account to my email, when I tried syncing it to my account on my phone, something went wrong and I am unable to get the data to show up. Attempted rerollling again to see if I'll get lucky again, no dice.

Decided to stick with my original account with Kaname. Since then, I've pulled kenpachi, white ichigo, ulquiorra, hiyori and a 4 star Byakuya. ive lost Grimjaw but im satisfied with my new pulls.

This is all from two multi pulls and single pulls. I just managed to get Kenpachi to ascend past lv60. Any idea on who else I should be focusing ?

Thanks.

that luck.....
i would say go for Ulquirra > Hiyori > White Ichigo > Kaname > Kenpachi.

and someone in reddit
http://imgur.com/gallery/WhfaU
Grimjow + VIchigo + Uryu in 1 multi pull.6

Uthred

Decided to do one pull, 5* New Year Orihime, 4* New Year Rukia. I credit my good luck to doing it in front of my brother who was lamenting his own terrible luck with 10 pulls, other peoples misery is clearly a +luck bonus if gacha threads are anything to go by ;) I can replace 5* Renji with Orihime. Probably going to go for Zangetsu, dont think I'll be able to get both as I dont really want to spend orbs on PvP

Milr

Congrats Tha and Uthred!

I'll end up spending some orbs so I can get at least 2 of those new PVP rewards. After Dokkan Battle's tournaments, it's much easier to justify on here.

Maxing & evolving accessories is brutal. Spent well near 200k coins to max out and evolve 2 2* accessories I got from co op into 1 3*... and it turned into a red watch. I think I'll be perfectly happy just settling for maxed out 2* accessories from here on... they REALLY want you to pull on that accessory machine...

Uthred

Congrats Tha and Uthred!

I'll end up spending some orbs so I can get at least 2 of those new PVP rewards. After Dokkan Battle's tournaments, it's much easier to justify on here.

Maxing & evolving accessories is brutal. Spent well near 200k coins to max out and evolve 2 2* accessories I got from co op into 1 3*... and it turned into a red watch. I think I'll be perfectly happy just settling for maxed out 2* accessories from here on... they REALLY want you to pull on that accessory machine...

As people start hitting cap accessories are probably going to start being even more important. I really need to start working on them myself. My moment of glory was crushed when my brother got 3 Kaien's and 1 Byakua in his last New Year ten pull. Dupe's are always rough but at least they save you a ton of cash.

Milr

Yeah, it's going to become necessary to spend orbs on them at some point, I'm sure.

Insane avg attack, think he was rank 1 too. That's the highest rank I'll ever get. I was pleasantly surprised that having to carry the hell out of my lvl 60 Renji wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be; only lost 1 fight. Really want to be able to hold on to my resources for a better character.

chrono01

Decided to do one pull, 5* New Year Orihime, 4* New Year Rukia. I credit my good luck to doing it in front of my brother who was lamenting his own terrible luck with 10 pulls, other peoples misery is clearly a +luck bonus if gacha threads are anything to go by ;) I can replace 5* Renji with Orihime. Probably going to go for Zangetsu, dont think I'll be able to get both as I dont really want to spend orbs on PvP
Congrats on the 5*

I've been reading up on it more and Zangetsu definitely seems preferable to me. He's the closest to the strength of an actual gatcha unit, will likely be unique (Ururu probably will too, but she doesn't seem that great :/), and a pretty decent PVP attacker. If I can manage 150-180 medals per week, I should have him in around three weeks.

Yeah, it's going to become necessary to spend orbs on them at some point, I'm sure.

Insane avg attack, think he was rank 1 too. That's the highest rank I'll ever get. I was pleasantly surprised that having to carry the hell out of my lvl 60 Renji wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be; only lost 1 fight. Really want to be able to hold on to my resources for a better character.
The power struggle is real. O_O

Second 10 pull on the New Year banner: 1 5* Kaien (Orange), 2 4* Soifon (Blue), 7 3*s.

\o/

I was hoping to get Orihime to replace my current one or Byakuya, since I need other colors besides Red and Orange, but I won't complain about getting another good 5*.

chrono01

Second 10 pull on the New Year banner: 1 5* Kaien (Orange), 2 4* Soifon (Blue), 7 3*s.

\o/

I was hoping to get Orihime to replace my current one or Byakuya, since I need other colors besides Red and Orange, but I won't complain about getting another good 5*.
Hey man, Kaien great! All of the NY characters are nice actually, so if you get any of them you're pretty much set.

Congrats to you!

Edit: I just realized that I can do a pretty decent evasion build for my Aizen. He comes with the evasion soul trait to begin with, and I have a 4* Aizen and *5 Uryu (Mind) to link with him. Of course I need to level up/train, both my 4* Aizen and Uryu to unlock the higher percentage evasion abilities, but that shouldn't take too long. It should help for PVP, as well as story content. Linking with the former two characters, I could get up to 31% evasion!

Milr

o/

Congrats; Kaien is a solid unit with nice range.

Edit: I just realized that I can do a pretty decent evasion build for my Aizen. He comes with the evasion soul trait to begin with, and I have a 4* Aizen and *5 Uryu (Mind) to link with him. Of course I need to level up/train, both my 4* Aizen and Uryu to unlock the higher percentage evasion abilities, but that shouldn't take too long. It should help for PVP, as well as story content. Linking with the former two characters, I could get up to 31% evasion!
That sounds OP lol. Good luck leveling them up, I'm sure it'll be well worth it.

SoulUnison

Banned
No more Summon Tickets and Crystals in the Medal Exchange? Awww...

I was going to use this week's winnings for a handful of Premium Summon Tickets, but now the only choices are 800(!!) Medal 5* Characters.

chrono01

No more Summon Tickets and Crystals in the Medal Exchange? Awww...

I was going to use this week's winnings for a handful of Premium Summon Tickets, but now the only choices are 800(!!) Medal 5* Characters.
Honestly, the 5* characters are a better value since you'll be guaranteed something useful out of it. I haven't had much luck with tickets at all. :/

Stider

Opinion time GAF, I've almost hit the limit for characters held with a bunch of 3* fodder. Would it be better to feed them to my 5*s (already have Aizen at 100, have Renji, Hiyori, Yamamoto, NY Orihime and NY Byakuya) for a better PVP and event team, or feed them to 3+4*s to earn more gems for recruit events?

chrono01

Opinion time GAF, I've almost hit the limit for characters held with a bunch of 3* fodder. Would it be better to feed them to my 5*s (already have Aizen at 100, have Renji, Hiyori, Yamamoto, NY Orihime and NY Byakuya) for a better PVP and event team, or feed them to 3+4*s to earn more gems for recruit events?
Personally, I'd ascend any members on your PVP team to stay competitive to remain in the higher ranks (to earn medals for those PVP-only characters). Once you have all of them ascended, with their soul trees completed, only then would I focus on fully leveling your fodder for Spirit Orbs.

That's just me, though.

Milr

Definitely focus on a good PVP team first. That will be a very consistent source of free 5*s. I don't see the rush in ascending 3*s for a few gems at this point with so many good 5*s that you have to work on to be honest.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes - got my 3rd non Renjis 5*. Did a couple single pulls on the NY machine hoping for Orihime because i wanted a healer ( and Waifu lol)...3 pulls in i got NY Rukia, which was great since she looks really nice for a 4*. Did 3 more pulls and i got this baby on my final pull.

My first reaction was...shit...for some reason i thought this was like OPTC where you can have multiple units of a character in your same team since i already have regular Byakuya - thank god thats not the case.

This weekend i need to farm some money for his Ascension etc.

PS: Kinda Nuts that we already got all those PvP reward units - thought it would be months until we get them. Like chrono i probably will go for Zengetsu if i can save up enough orbs.

Thats sounds really nice - 31% evasions sounds great for PvP but also for regular PvE play. You have to write down your experience of playing him once you get to that point.

Also Aizen is imba in PvP ...honestly i think he is the worst matchup you can have in this game. Even besides his OP Super which is a finsher 99% of the time...he often just demolishes my Ichigo in PvP like its nothing.

Woooh...i dont know what more impressive - your Rank 6 or that dudes attack stats, anyway congrats on that performance...lets hope you can keep it up for some sweet medals.

\o/

Heh congrats - you are the 5* god in this game. This is your 5th or 6th ...right ? Madness.

Milr

Haha, I prefer to think that it`s the Nel batch, but yeah that`s probably it.
I'm pretty sure resources for PVP characters are already in the game. Someone from JP said that when character assets are added, they are also added to the character book. Zangetsu & co. have actually been there since launch. That said, it wouldn't seem like it's Nel either. I wonder if they're planning another back to back event after Shinji.. I have to admit, I actually wouldn't mind a break lol.

Yes - got my 3rd non Renjis 5*. Did a couple single pulls on the NY machine hoping for Orihime because i wanted a healer ( and Waifu lol)...3 pulls in i got NY Rukia, which was great since she looks really nice for a 4*. Did 3 more pulls and i got this baby on my final pull.

My first reaction was...shit...for some reason i thought this was like OPTC where you can have multiple units of a character in your same team since i already have regular Byakuya - thank god thats not the case.
Congrats! With all of the variations they're releasing it would definitely be silly to limit people on only using one kind. He'll be a big boost to your PVP team for sure.. if I come across you, I guess I'll just have to refresh, haha.

Man you guys are getting great pulls =(

Only new year pull I got was 4* Rukia =/

Trying to farm Lisa atm for minimal frustration accession but realised her drop was the wisdom kind that I need 4 more of here to ensure the wisdom and technique(?) (green one) max out lol

And shout out to strength peeps makes farming easier/faster XD
Edit: Well strength peeps and everyone at the crazy levels XP

linkent

just realised that we can increase the souls trait of a linked character to get better bonus.
Renji will give +21atk or +27(if you ascend him)
Kisuke give 11% more coins!

Raxious

Started out few hours ago. Spent almost 3 hours on rerolling but didn't even get any 4 stars. I ended up deciding to just safe up as many of those soul gems as possible, seeing as those NY characters are pretty crap anyway from what I've been hearing.

Yet as I got 150 gems, I decided to just go all in on Premium pulls. Last pull I did was 5 star Byakuya :D

Milr

just realised that we can increase the souls trait of a linked character to get better bonus.
Renji will give +21atk or +27(if you ascend him)
Kisuke give 11% more coins!
Yeah, I've got 4 kisukes at 11% each for quests, it's awesome lol.

Started out few hours ago. Spent almost 3 hours on rerolling but didn't even get any 4 stars. I ended up deciding to just safe up as many of those soul gems as possible, seeing as those NY characters are pretty crap anyway from what I've been hearing.

Yet as I got 150 gems, I decided to just go all in on Premium pulls. Last pull I did was 5 star Byakuya :D

Congrats on the Byakuya, but where did you hear that about the NY characters? Orihime is miles ahead of her "normal" counterpart offensively, tech Byakuya is one of the best characters in PVP atm, and Kaien can certainly hold his own.

Anyways, feel free to add me, my IGN is milr

chrono01

That sounds OP lol. Good luck leveling them up, I'm sure it'll be well worth it.
I'll definitely keep you updated. It'll take a while, since I still need to ascend my core PVP members, but I'll get there!

This weekend i need to farm some money for his Ascension etc.

PS: Kinda Nuts that we already got all those PvP reward units - thought it would be months until we get them. Like chrono i probably will go for Zengetsu if i can save up enough orbs.

Thats sounds really nice - 31% evasions sounds great for PvP but also for regular PvE play. You have to write down your experience of playing him once you get to that point.

Also Aizen is imba in PvP ...honestly i think he is the worst matchup you can have in this game. Even besides his OP Super which is a finsher 99% of the time...he often just demolishes my Ichigo in PvP like its nothing.

Woooh...i dont know what more impressive - your Rank 6 or that dudes attack stats, anyway congrats on that performance...lets hope you can keep it up for some sweet medals.

Heh congrats - you are the 5* god in this game. This is your 5th or 6th ...right ? Madness.
Oh man, congrats on that Byakuya! I wanted him too, but it wasn't meant to be.

I kind of wish we got the PVP rewards at a slower pace so we could get them all (with diligent PVP earning, that is). Now we need to make those difficult decisions. :(

I'm pretty sure resources for PVP characters are already in the game. Someone from JP said that when character assets are added, they are also added to the character book. Zangetsu & co. have actually been there since launch. That said, it wouldn't seem like it's Nel either. I wonder if they're planning another back to back event after Shinji.. I have to admit, I actually wouldn't mind a break lol.
I'd kind of like a break too. Maybe I could finish Hard mode, or farm a few crystals here and there. I won't complain if they give us more content, though. I'd rather they over-deliver than under, haha.

Man you guys are getting great pulls =(

Only new year pull I got was 4* Rukia =/

Trying to farm Lisa atm for minimal frustration accession but realised her drop was the wisdom kind that I need 4 more of here to ensure the wisdom and technique(?) (green one) max out lol

And shout out to strength peeps makes farming easier/faster XD
Edit: Well strength peeps and everyone at the crazy levels XP
Sorry man. :(

You'll get that lucky pull soon enough, don't give up hope.

Congrats on the Byakuya, he's a great unit!

As for the New Year batch, they're actually really good. Orihime is the new/improved version of her previous Arrancar one (although some prefer the more melee style of Arrancar over New Year, not me though!), Byakuya is considered by many to be better than the Bankai one (although not by all, and both are absolutely top-tier units in any case!), and Kaien is a nice melee with great range.

I'm kind of curious whether we'll get Valentine units or not and, if so, if it'll be a Japanese/Global event at the same time. It's exciting not knowing what characters might be released, and even more so when the time between Japan and Global being so short. Tier Harribel for Valentine Day? Is it possible!? If it happens, I will throw many orbs hoping for her.

Top Bottom