• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

RalchAC

So I haven't played for a few days and I'm surprised at how much people have level 100 units right now lol.

My pulls were nothing to write about, my highlights were:

4* New Year Rukia x4
4* New Year Ichigo x3
4* Gin x1

The rest were 3* units. Did 20 pulls.

I've been doing story content, since my luck in the event has been terrible (at least I got a copy of the 4* unit), in order to farm some extra gems to do a last 10 pull summon. Hopefully I will get a new 5* units. I'm at 200 gems, so as long as I can play for a bit tomorrow I should be able to get to 250.

thaOwner

Been trying to get Byakuya NY since the event went live and I just managed to pull him. I just need a 5* Ichigo or Grimjaw and I'll be set.

Milr

I'd kind of like a break too. Maybe I could finish Hard mode, or farm a few crystals here and there. I won't complain if they give us more content, though. I'd rather they over-deliver than under, haha.

I'm kind of curious whether we'll get Valentine units or not and, if so, if it'll be a Japanese/Global event at the same time. It's exciting not knowing what characters might be released, and even more so when the time between Japan and Global being so short. Tier Harribel for Valentine Day? Is it possible!? If it happens, I will throw many orbs hoping for her.
I can agree with you there; they're definitely on the better end of the spectrum regarding content.

And please, not Tier, my orbs wouldn't be able to take it. :(

Been trying to get Byakuya NY since the event went live and I just managed to pull him. I just need a 5* Ichigo or Grimjaw and I'll be set.
Congrats!

Very interesting post on Reddit regarding links;

Many people seem to look for what character links is Optimal in ブレソル(BURESORU) or BBS as we call it. So I've compiled a tier list after researching and referring to many Japanese players.

Ranking Co-op
1st: Normal Attack Damage
2nd/3rd: Strong Attack Damage and Cooldown
4th: Field Recovery
5th: Dodge Rate
6th-10th: Ailment Duration Down
11th+: +Attack

Ranking PVP
1st/2nd: DodgeOnly if you have a character with dodge already or Normal Attack Damage
3rd/4th: Strong Attack Damage and Cooldown
5th-9th: Ailment Duration Down
10th: +Attack
11th+: Field DurationDon't use this

His reasoning for disliking +Attack was that, even though it gives a boost to all attacks, it's much smaller percentage wise. He also contends normal attack is most important because it's used the most, which makes sense. I'm glad I kept some spare Shinji's.

linkent

Fought linktent's team on pvp. Mistakes were made

my team? they didnt expect the third lvl 100 :p.
anyway in 1 of the match, NYBya(100) lost to a Grimjow(86).
PVP is mostly depend on RNG i guess.

His reasoning for disliking +Attack was that, even though it gives a boost to all attacks, it's much smaller percentage wise. He also contends normal attack is most important because it's used the most, which makes sense. I'm glad I kept some spare Shinji's.

seems reasonable.
it is my next target to soullevel up those soul link character.
thinking of playing a defensive character by putting +stamina or -damage to my team.
as i am using special strategy.

Milr

my team? they didnt expect the third lvl 100 :p.
anyway in 1 of the match, NYBya(100) lost to a Grimjow(86).
PVP is mostly depend on RNG i guess.

seems reasonable.
it is my next target to soullevel up those soul link character.
thinking of playing a defensive character by putting +stamina or -damage to my team.
as i am using special strategy.
Insane. My 100 Grimmjow lost to a 65 NY Byakuya earlier..... (Was unexpected, had him in 2nd slot)

And yeah I'm surprised -damage wasn't mentioned. My Orihime has 2 -10% links and has been tanking regular Byakuyas nicely.

chrono01

So I haven't played for a few days and I'm surprised at how much people have level 100 units right now lol.

My pulls were nothing to write about, my highlights were:

4* New Year Rukia x4
4* New Year Ichigo x3
4* Gin x1

The rest were 3* units. Did 20 pulls.

I've been doing story content, since my luck in the event has been terrible (at least I got a copy of the 4* unit), in order to farm some extra gems to do a last 10 pull summon. Hopefully I will get a new 5* units. I'm at 200 gems, so as long as I can play for a bit tomorrow I should be able to get to 250.
That third ten-pull will give you at least one 5*, I can feel it!

...Hopefully. :(

Nice grab, congrats!

I can agree with you there; they're definitely on the better end of the spectrum regarding content.

And please, not Tier, my orbs wouldn't be able to take it. :(
We'd all suffer. Who could resist Harribel?

Bleach |OT| Not a Harribel game, but it should be!

linkent

Damn box space problem in this game too.
so expensive to use 5 orbs to increase 5 space.
there is no real way to gain more orbs after depleting all the quests. and coops.

Damn box space problem in this game too.
so expensive to use 5 orbs to increase 5 space.
there is no real way to gain more orbs after depleting all the quests. and coops.
Sadly, it looks like just max leveling units + the first time playing whatever events we get.

I've already 100%'d the story, I need more unlocked Namdai!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finished Gotei 13 on extreme hard - man Aizen and his friends hit hard. The whole battle was more or less running away, special attack, repeat...

KaraKara Event incoming! I guess that's what that stealth update was for. 4* yukata-wearing Gin/Shinji to collect.
Nice - hope these 4* drop more often than once-in-a-lifetime Lisa lol.
Sadly, it looks like just max leveling units + the first time playing whatever events we get.

I've already 100%'d the story, I need more unlocked Namdai!
They way they are pumping out content the next Story chapter cant be too far off.

chrono01

Visored Selection Summons coming soon. 4* and 5* characters guaranteed to be Visored. The 5* characters are:

- Hachigen
- Hiyori
- Shinji

...Yeah, no thanks. :/

linkent

Visored Selection Summons coming soon. 4* and 5* characters guaranteed to be Visored. The 5* characters are:

- Hachigen
- Hiyori
- Shinji

No double chance too! Need to emphasise that lol.
Without any event, i have been doing kenpachi hard61.
30s for 2k gold is really nice to have.

cw_sasuke

- Hachigen
- Hiyori
- Shinji

Good...i just pulled a bunch of times on the NY event, i can use that downtime. Especially if we get new Story Quests in the meantime.

Uthred

- Hachigen
- Hiyori
- Shinji

Hachigen seems pretty good in PvP and Shinji's stats seem pretty high. Personally I'd like Hiyoru but I do agree it doesnt feel like this will tempt me into pulling

RalchAC

I've done a last 10 pull! Chrono was right, got a 5* unit!

My pulls were:

5* Kaien
4* Unohana
4* Ichigo X2 (which is my strongest RED character so far...)
4* Kaname (which I will use to ascend my 5* one)
3* dupes

Hachigen seems pretty good in PvP and Shinji's stats seem pretty high. Personally I'd like Hiyoru but I do agree it doesnt feel like this will tempt me into pulling

Shinji attacks are fast, his specials aren't bad (and can deal damage to a decent area) and his soul trait (auto evasion) is quite good for PvP (and PvE). Maybe it's because he was my first character, but I like him.

chrono01

I've done a last 10 pull! Chrono was right, got a 5* unit!

My pulls were:

5* Kaien
4* Unohana
4* Ichigo X2 (which is my strongest RED character so far...)
4* Kaname (which I will use to ascend my 5* one)
3* dupes
mj5izsX.gif

Congrats! I'm glad to hear you were successful in that 5* obtainment. d(^_^)v

As for Shinji, he's a fine unit just not one I'm specifically after. It's probably a good thing this event doesn't interest me, I need to save my orbs for Valentine Harribel.

Please, KLab!

chrono01

Karakura event is live. It's actually pretty cool, there's a lottery card after each clear. The higher difficulties give out better rewards (such as the 4* drops). You can get a lot of items, such as crystals, summon tickets, gold, and the aforementioned characters.

Edit: Damn, double post. Sorry. :/

RalchAC

Is there any link that explains a bit about accesories and character links?

I haven't payed much atention to those 2 things, but if I want to get decent results at PvP I guess I should start minmaxing a little bit. So far I've read that you can get them by doing Co-op

How exactly does the orbs from level maxing work? I pulled 4 Yukata Ichigo. Can I fully ascend all of them and then max each one for bonus orbs, or will it only work for the first one?

SoulUnison

Banned
How exactly does the orbs from level maxing work? I pulled 4 Yukata Ichigo. Can I fully ascend all of them and then max each one for bonus orbs, or will it only work for the first one?

Pretty sure you can only do it with each version of a character once.
Once you +4 and max one of them, they all get the "completed" badge.

cw_sasuke

Is there any link that explains a bit about accesories and character links?

I haven't payed much atention to those 2 things, but if I want to get decent results at PvP I guess I should start minmaxing a little bit. So far I've read that you can get them by doing Co-op
Here is a bit about Accessoires:
http://bbs.kongbakpao.com/accessories/

You can get them from coop...or by spending orbs on that Accessoire Gacha machine.

There will be a white max badge/sign on the upper right of the character portrait when you max a new unit. So you wont get max orbs if they have that sign.

e.g you can max a 3* STR Ichigo get orbs, max a 3* MIND Ichigo get orbs..but you wont gte orbs for another *3 STR Ichigo.

Managed to get Yukata Shinjj first run, now to farm him and try and get Gin.

3* Shinji dropped in his run, hoping we'll get a list of who's 3* drops, they didn't bother saying this time =/

Edit: Came to a conclusion only Gin And Shinji 3* drops for the levels.

I really should check on here when everyone's doing co-op run to get better accessories.

Gin run gave me 3 3* boxes and I get:

There is an update out in the app stores.

For anyone on a rooted Android device, CapnMZ, again, stripped out the Root DRM and put the apk up here.

SoulUnison

Banned
There is an update out in the app stores.

For anyone on a rooted Android device, CapnMZ, again, stripped out the Root DRM and put the apk up here.

Ugh. It's bad enough in these F2P games that you have to go up against people who throw real money at the game like confetti. Seeing how aggressive everyone is about modifying the game and starting over and over until they have the statistically "best" team has completely turned me off playing this.

Seems like every couple posts here and every other post on the Reddit page for this game are "how do I reroll?" "What's the easiest way to emulate the game for rerolling?" "I finally got a half dozen 5* characters, but I'm impossible to please. Should I reroll?"

EDIT: Also, after almost 50 runs of Very Hard Shiji Event I've got... 1 4* and 1 3*...

Milr

Soul, you really can't let other people's playstyle and tendencies effect your experience in this type of game. It will never end well.

Honestly don't even know how 601 avg atk is possible... Must have gotten some OP accessories from the gacha...

Rank 50 isn't nearly as hard to maintain as I thought it'd be. Whale population isn't quite there yet.

Also... that free Lisa we got from the last event is REALLY good for a 4*. Turned my 5* Renji into link fodder without a second thought. I wouldn't mind another 5* (though how the gachas are going it looks like my next 5* may be Tessai) but she'll certainly fill that void for now.

Ugh. It's bad enough in these F2P games that you have to go up against people who throw real money at the game like confetti. Seeing how aggressive everyone is about modifying the game and starting over and over until they have the statistically "best" team has completely turned me off playing this.

Seems like every couple posts here and every other post on the Reddit page for this game are "how do I reroll?" "What's the easiest way to emulate the game for rerolling?" "I finally got a half dozen 5* characters, but I'm impossible to please. Should I reroll?"

EDIT: Also, after almost 50 runs of Very Hard Shiji Event I've got... 1 4* and 1 3*...

I agree completely with what Milr said above, but I can understand your frustration of competing with others who go overboard (at least for the PVP component of this game, which I absolutely get crushed at). However, I don't understand how that has anything to do with my post that you quoted. I was simply pointing out that the game had an appstore update, and provided a link for people with rooted devices to get the update as well. The modified APK has nothing at all to do with cheating, as it only removes the game's root detection DRM. Without the apk, anyone with a rooted device would not be able to even boot the game up.

SoulUnison

Banned
I agree completely with what Milr said above, but I can understand your frustration of competing with others who go overboard (at least for the PVP component of this game, which I absolutely get crushed at). However, I don't understand how that has anything to do with my post that you quoted. I was simply pointing out that the game had an appstore update, and provided a link for people with rooted devices to get the update as well. The modified APK has nothing at all to do with cheating, as it only removes the game's root detection DRM. Without the apk, anyone with a rooted device would not be able to even boot the game up.

Well I didn't know that part, I havn't had an ANdroid phone for a while and what I did have was the OG Droid from 2009. When you don't know it's something that has to be done just to possibly play the game it looks a lot more like the PC "trainer" scene.

SoulUnison

Banned
Does anyone else have issues with "Soul Tickets" not always updating correctly when your device has been asleep?
My device (iPhone 5s) seemingly updates the timer when it returns from sleep, but if I quit the app and force a relaunch I'll often have 1-2 Tickets waiting for me.

Similarly, sometimes you'll have 1 or 2 Tickets and then do a mission, and it'll do a full "refresh" or "check" or whatever of the timer and you'll have 2 or 3 or 4 after the mission instead of going down one.

Meanwhile, "starting" a mission doesn't trigger a server-side check of the timer, so you can actually have several invisible Soul Tickets and the game will still prompt you to spend 5 Orbs on 5 Tickets. I'm not the kind of person to spend a cent on these sort of games, but for someone that is that seems pretty damn dishonest. The game can basically lie to you about your status, ask for money/"premium currency" to allow you to continue, and then when it *does* do a "real" check it'll just sort of sweep your "bonus" tickets under the rug and hope you both forget about them.

That actually makes me irrationally(?) angry!

linkent

Does anyone else have issues with "Soul Tickets" not always updating correctly when your device has been asleep?
My device (iPhone 5s) seemingly updates the timer when it returns from sleep, but if I quit the app and force a relaunch I'll often have 1-2 Tickets waiting for me.

Similarly, sometimes you'll have 1 or 2 Tickets and then do a mission, and it'll do a full "refresh" or "check" or whatever of the timer and you'll have 2 or 3 or 4 after the mission instead of going down one.

Meanwhile, "starting" a mission doesn't trigger a server-side check of the timer, so you can actually have several invisible Soul Tickets and the game will still prompt you to spend 5 Orbs on 5 Tickets. I'm not the kind of person to spend a cent on these sort of games, but for someone that is that seems pretty damn dishonest. The game can basically lie to you about your status, ask for money/"premium currency" to allow you to continue, and then when it *does* do a "real" check it'll just sort of sweep your "bonus" tickets under the rug and hope you both forget about them.

That actually makes me irrationally(?) angry!
it always happened. No need to force a relaunch, just option->title-> back to game.
Iphone here too.

This game got me interested in reading the manga again, after stopping years ago. I completely forgot about how hilarious Orihime's facial expressions were in the Fullbringer arc. She has had me laughing so much, between Orihime Vision and the donut scene.

Milr

Used my 10 PVP tickets today and got back in top 50 without using an orb. Curious that the deeper into the week we get, the weaker rankings seem to become.

chrono01

Used my 10 PVP tickets today and got back in top 50 without using an orb. Curious that the deeper into the week we get, the weaker rankings seem to become.
I got some bad luck day. Face around 3-4 opponents much weaker than me, but they got the special ability off (despite my strategy being on Special) or attacked me with AOE as all of my units were clustered together. I'm only a little over 500. :/

I did the math, though. If I can rank between 500-1000 for the next 8 weeks (with my current medal count), I'll have enough to grab two of the current PVP characters (maybe Zangetsu and Toshiro) before they leave. This is in combination with the daily log in rewards, as well as the one for winning 5x PVP each day.

I wish they didn't release them all at once. From what I can see, they released them one-a-time in Japan, which would have been preferred. I want them all, but knowing I have to choose (since they likely won't ever return) is slightly frustrating.

Edit:

Apparently, information on the Valentine's event for the Japan version has been released.

5* Rukiya
5* Momo
5* Yuchiru
5* Nel

4* Rangiku
4* Soi Fon

If Global gets the same event...RIP my Spirit Orbs...

Milr

Nice one, top 1000 definitely seems doable enough. I need to run some numbers on medal count myself lol.

By the way - I think these PVP characters will have a rotation. It looks like Toshiro and Pesche have made their way back in on JP side!

Lineup seems good for Valentines (Yachiru and Nel!); too bad there's no rate up on 5*. :(

cw_sasuke

I need 5* Rukia lol... Which element is she?

On some positive news I finally got 4* Shinji.

chrono01

Nice one, top 1000 definitely seems doable enough. I need to run some numbers on medal count myself lol.

By the way - I think these PVP characters will have a rotation. It looks like Toshiro and Pesche have made their way back in on JP side!

Lineup seems good for Valentines (Yachiru and Nel!); too bad there's no rate up on 5*. :(
Oh, nice! Glad to see the PVP characters make a return, at least Toshiro/Pesche. The same should apply to all. This lessens the stress somewhat, but I should still be able to manage two of em'.

But yeah, no rate-up is unfortunate. :(

I need 5* Rukia lol... Which element is she?

On some positive news I finally got 4* Shinji.
She's Speed-type. here's the information on them.

http://imgur.com/a/AVTPN

Let's hope the Global version gets it too. Surely they decorated our main menu screen for some reason...

cw_sasuke

Rukia is blue, and nice one.
She's Speed-type. here's the information on them.

http://imgur.com/a/AVTPN

Let's hope the Global version gets it too. Surely they decorated our main menu screen for some reason...
Shit, now i really want her :-/
A blue 5* is the exactly what im missing but without a rate up i cant justify it. Took me already 2000 orbs for only two additional 5* so i wont be pulling anytime soon.

Well...at least i should be able to get Zangetsu or Toshiro next month xD

Uthred

Too busy with XCOM 2 and forgot all about PvP yesterday, finding it hard to break into the top 100, burning cash to find people I might have a shot at beating is getting expensive. I think I really need to look into getting accessories, might give the 10 pull a shot.

Milr

burning cash to find people I might have a shot at beating is getting expensive. I think I really need to look into getting accessories, might give the 10 pull a shot.
I am feeling the same way honestly. Where I'm ranked, half of the players it's matching me up with have over 500 avg ATK. 100 coins per refresh really isn't bad though.

Accessories are definitely the next step after you have a good lineup, still chasing mine though.

Edit: Valentine's event leaked for JP confirmed for global! Characters have been added to the album.

Money is starting to be less of a factor now, after beating the full story and focusing solely on farming. Between Crystal farming and Festival farming, I'm getting tons of Coins. I was even able to farm a 3* Urahara that I leveled up for 11% Coin increase. Another easy way to get coins are selling excess medium crystals.

Farming has also made it very easy to level up. I've been badging all of my units, starting with 2* and working my way up, to get orbs.

As for the events, I'm averaging 1 4* lotto roll per day. I should be able to get 5 of each in time, so I can max both units out with only 4 ascensions each.

chrono01

Too busy with XCOM 2 and forgot all about PvP yesterday, finding it hard to break into the top 100, burning cash to find people I might have a shot at beating is getting expensive. I think I really need to look into getting accessories, might give the 10 pull a shot.
I need accessories too. I have a decent PVP line-up (Aizen, NY Orihime, Uryu), I just need accessories. I'm still using the 1* ones. :/

Edit: Valentine's event leaked for JP confirmed for global! Characters have been added to the album.
O_O! So that's what that data download was for.

No rate-up though, ugh. I might pass, but I really want that Rukiya/Hinamori/Nel/Yachiru. :(

Edit: Stats for the Valentine's Day characters. All three have some pretty impressive stats. Actually, Yachiru has the same stat count as Grimmjow (404) which is insane.

5* Momo:

http://bravesouls.fyi/characters.html?id=1064

5* Rukia:

http://bravesouls.fyi/characters.html?id=1065

5* Nelliel:

http://bravesouls.fyi/characters.html?id=1066

5* Yachiru:

http://bravesouls.fyi/characters.html?id=1067

4* Rangiku:

http://bravesouls.fyi/characters.html?id=2061

4* Soi Fon:

http://bravesouls.fyi/characters.html?id=2062

BTW, bookmark that site (http://bravesouls.fyi), it's insanely useful. My compliments to the person that runs it. Oh, as for the banner, it says "Get 5* Valentine's Summons", so I'm hoping it's one of those things were you're guaranteed one of them per multi-pull, but probably not. It's likely it's just worded that way, but no guarantee.

Regardless, I'll probably do a multi-pull and see how my luck is, unless those that pull earlier than I are having horrible luck with it.

Top Bottom