• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter's script leaked, apparently. (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdaWong

So, uh, well.

What basically happens:
Jill, Ada, Leon and Becky die in the opening (their faces aren't even shown lol).
Alice teams up with Claire, who tells her that Chris died.
Alice, Claire and new peeps try to find a cure for the virus.
They find that Alice is a clone and that the original Alice (Old Alice!) is actually the founder of Umbrella.
Wesker kills Old Alice.
Alice vs Wesker happens, they both die.
Claire and co release the vaccine and the world no longer has T-Virus or any kind of virus in it, yay.

Much more detailed summaries: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2592614/board/flat/250928419?p=1
It's a rumor for now, but the guy seems very trustworthy.

EDIT: Looks like the posts have been deleted. I guess it validates this even more.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wasn't Leon already killed off screen in another movie?

Miker

This is immensely disappointing given how the last movie ended. I thought this one would open with Wesker and co punching Mutalisks.

I cant even remember ive I've seen the last one or not. I think the last two I've seen were the one that is all on a sky scrapper and one that is like underground in russia?

I don't even know.

Extinction (3rd) was a decent movie tho.

LakeEarth

Sounds like they're ONCE AGAIN starting the movie with a scene designed to
undo the cliffhanger from the previous movie as fast as possible so that they don't have to bother with it.

Red Mage

I heard they killed them off just because none of the actors wanted back in.

What the fuck! There are spoilers in a thread about a script leaking!?

I know, it's like going into the Force Awaken's Spoiler Thread and complaining.

Amagon
Doesn't understand the purpose of Spoiler Threads
(Today, 10:49 AM)

rhandino

Banned
They find that Alice is a clone and that the original Alice (Old Alice!) is actually the founder of Umbrella.
... wow.

Ez9g0H7.gif

I like this movies but damn...

HOW ARE THERE SO MANY OF THESE FUCKING MOVIES!?

Anyway the last one I saw was the one with the prison, whichever one that was

Fury451

Banned
These movies really became a lot less fun with the last 2. I'll still see it, but this sounds pretty dumb, even by the series' standards.

But....Wesker was a lot of fun in the last 2 movies even with little screen time because Shawn Roberts knew exactly what kind of script he was working with. Seems like he's playing Wesker in this one too, so more screen time for him should make this a good time.

Korigama

They're probably referring to that newspaper clipping from Apocalypse that said Leon died, but ultimately didn't make it into the movie (IIRC).
... wow.

Ez9g0H7.gif

I like this movies but damn...
It's quite amazing how they managed to make it so that absolutely everything in this awful series revolved around Alice.
HOW ARE THERE SO MANY OF THESE FUCKING MOVIES!?
Because, unfortunately, each one went on to make more money than the last (quite serious about that).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wasn't Leon already killed off screen in another movie?

No? Since he was in the last film? Also that script. LMAO. What a waste this series has been since 3.

At least the first one was a decent attempt at trying to go it's own way from the game series, for better or worse. The second was a decent (if bastardized) "novelization" of the second/third game. The rest have just been ugh.

No? lol

Same. I can't believe they just threw the major video game characters at the beginning like that.

There ya go! :3

Never forget how Chris & Claire suddenly disappear between the end of Afterlife and the intro to the next when it starts exactly where the last ends...

tumblr_no9m19VdvS1r6vy8ho4_250.gif

Ishida

Banned
The movies were always dumber than the games themselves, but if this is true it takes "Stupid" to a whole new level.

Jawmuncher

Seems like they just wanted to end the series as quick as possible

The series makes money. But I think even Sony knows at this point that it's better off ending it and getting a reboot going.
Their just closing up shop since they have a new idea or ideas I think. Since I don't see them not doing more RE stuff.

AdaWong

Jovovitch confirmed that "Old Alice" is not a flashback or a scene into the future, so this script is pretty much real.

The Umbrella corp. founder, ladies and gentlement:

ArjanN

Sounds like they're ONCE AGAIN starting the movie with a scene designed to
undo the cliffhanger from the previous movie as fast as possible so that they don't have to bother with it.

Pretty much. It's a really lazy way of writing yourself out of a hole.

liquidtmd

Banned
I recognise they are all terrible but after hearing about them for years, I marathoned them this year and you know - they truly fit my definition of a guilty pleasure.

Fucking awful but Resident Evil is hardly Proust story wise. If you broke down plot synopsis' of any of them in this way they'd sound equally stupid.

I'm in on release for the first time. Help.

Maybe after this garbage series is over they can finally reboot a proper re movie. You know the one that has characters from the games. And not some garbage ass demi god character like Alice.

Maybe after this garbage series is over they can finally reboot a proper re movie. You know the one that has characters from the games. And not some garbage ass demi god character like Alice.
Seriously. The fact that this trash even made this much money in the first place to keep making these sequels is just sad. I tapped out on the second one when Alice was basically doing MMA against nemesis then ran down the side of a building. Fuck that shit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They should keep Wesker alive and make him president and start a new series called President Evil.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They're probably referring to that newspaper clipping from Apocalypse that said Leon died, but ultimately didn't make it into the movie (IIRC).
Yeah, it was this. Never bothered to actually watch these movies.

Son Of D

They should keep Wesker alive and make him president and start a new series called President Evil.

Honestly they can do this without keeping Wesker alive. Just say that it's a clone that died and the real Wesker became president during the chaos.

Jovovitch confirmed that "Old Alice" is not a flashback or a scene into the future, so this script is pretty much real.

Wow. That gives Guy Pearce's terrible old man make-up in Prometheus a run for it's money.

rhandino

Banned

gmyZb5k.gif

I really cant... the first 2 movies are some of my favorite action flicks but after the 3rd one the dumb story got dumber and dumber.

Ugh.

Piers

Still never liked how much of a Mary Sue that Alice seemed to be since the first film. No wonder Capcom refused to provide any reference material.
As much as they suck as well, the CGi films are the official ones people should be watching instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom