• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter's script leaked, apparently. (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

No? Since he was in the last film? Also that script. LMAO. What a waste this series has been since 3.

At least the first one was a decent attempt at trying to go it's own way from the game series, for better or worse. The second was a decent (if bastardized) "novelization" of the second/third game. The rest have just been ugh.

Apparently, he had been listed as dead before his first appearance, but only in promotional material, not in a movie itself.

For Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Screen Gems created a promotional faux newspaper, "The Raccoon City Times", that detailed the background of Jill Valentine, and also included that she was dismissed from the S.T.A.R.S. after the death of her partner, Leon Kennedy.

Busty

Banned
While I wouldn't call myself a fan of the series I have enjoyed the previous Resident Evil films and I'll definitely check this one out too. Even though the films in this series just totally blend into one another (I honestly cannot pick them apart) there's a really unpretentious feel to them.

They find that Alice is a clone and that the original Alice (Old Alice!) is actually the founder of Umbrella.

I actually have a soft spot for the pulp nature of the Resident Evil films and this hackneyed plot development totally fits in with the other films.

While I wouldn't call myself a fan of the series I have enjoyed the previous Resident Evil films and I'll definitely check this one out too. Even though the films in this series just totally blend into one another (I honestly cannot pick them apart) there's a really unpretentious feel to them.

I actually have a soft spot for the pulp nature of the Resident Evil films and this hackneyed plot development totally fits in with the other films.

You are good at watching movies.

Cardon

I really hope that
old Alice has a British accent. Would make everything that more silly since she's a baddie and all.

ghstwrld

i'm still confused by the last one tbh

are all of the movies computer simulations taking place in that underground base in the arctic or wherever? everyone is a clone?

Red Mage

My brother loves these movies, so I wonder how he'll take this. He already prefers the movie-verse to the games.

It's true though.

Hence a major reason why transformers: the movie fucking sucks. .

You're just angry because Spike's kid wasn't a gothic lolita. >: |

Lagamorph

Bingbing Li isn't in Resident Evil 6 because she boycotted the Japanese premiere of Resident Evil: Retribution, and that pissed off the Japanese CEO of Sony Pictures. Therefore, she had to be written off. It was mentioned in one of the leaked emails from Sony.

As for Wentworth Miller, he's too busy doing Legends of Tomorrow, hence his character
being killed off

Since the imdb thread was deleted, I can only assume whatever that user posted was true.
Why did she boycott it? Was it because she was dubbed over? I would've thought she would know they were going to do that going in.

I'll be gutted if there's no Jill though. My favourite character from the films and games.

rhandino

Banned
Wait... Apocalypse? Apocalypse is one of your favorite action flicks?

Dude...
Yes. It's kind of a guilty pleasure but I like it a lot and though that Alice and Jill were on point on that one.

Hell I even liked the trashy ending... until I saw the sequel.

ugh.

AdaWong

I don't think the games are even relevant anymore.

Then again they made like 2 hitman movies. So whatever.

Resident Evil is Capcom's most successful franchise. The latest main release, Resident Evil 6, is Capcom's second best selling game of all time, second to Resident Evil 5. The last new Resident Evil game, Revelations 2 released to critical acclaim.The recent Resident Evil 2 Remake announcement generated a lot of hype in the media, a new CGI movie (the third one!) is in development, and Resident Evil 7 is going to be announced next year.

The games are very much relevant. :3

Lokimaru

I think most people here just hate that the main Characters a female, Leon can dodge lasers though.

4391532-fhxerc.gif

Nothing Alice has done is that different from RE4 Leon.

DedValve

Banned
I think most people here just hate that the main Characters a female, Leon can dodge lasers though.

Eh what? You missing an /s tag there? Weird especially since RE has a strong female lead cast that fans of the series should have no problem with girls taking the lead as they have many times in the past.

Man I literally don't remember anything post 3 except Wesker becoming president of the United States. Like why does that even matter in the apocalypse?

Korigama

Wait,
who the hell is Becky? Kmart?
My guess was that they meant Rebecca.

4391532-fhxerc.gif

Nothing Alice has done is that different from RE4 Leon.
People hating Alice has nothing to do with her being female. She's hated because she's an all-powerful Mary Sue whom the entire franchise revolves around to the detriment of every single character from the actual games.

To say that nothing Alice has done is that different from RE4 Leon is like saying that nothing done in the Super Mario Bros. movie is that different from Super Mario World.

Astral Dog

yeah Alice is pretty popular, she mostly gets hate from not being in the games getting the lightspot, the movies quality,and being overpowered.

But Alice is like one of the reasons people watch RE.

Anyways, i see this is an old thread, i hope they changed some things if this is true at all.

...I wasn't aware there was any actual hate for Alice, just that the movies in general aren't very good. Let alone having anything to do with her being female.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I either forgot this or somehow missed it. This is amazing, I gotta watch this trainwreck.

AdaWong

Spoilers about the main video game characters fate in the series (Chris, Jill, Ada, Leon, Claire, Wesker) and ending of Retribution:

Wesker lured Alice and friends into the White House to actually kill them. He betrays Alice and kills Leon and Ada (100% confirmed, Ada wasn't going to die in the opening first draft of the film but the re-written movie has her dead).

He also "kills" Jill (hits her hard enough or something where she is persumed desd by the viewer?)

Alice and Wesker fight but Alice escapes.

This is in line with the leaked script and in the recently released trailer, Wesker says to Alice: "I should have killed you in Washington!" further proving this.

Wesker dies in the end.

Claire has the most prominent role out of the video game characters. She's fighting alongside Alice throughout the film. She survives in the end.

Chris is apparently alove too, and he has a scene or two as he's been seen on set. Expect his scenes to be very short and basically a cameo (think Jill in Afterlife).

Now, Jill... She's the only one that we're not so sure about. Rumors say she'll make an appearance similar to Chris'. Which could be true considering how they kept her appearance in Afterlife a secret for so long, they could be do it again for the final movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom