• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit Lions Fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That facemask call didn't bring the Pack back from a 20 point deficit.

I'm so glad I didn't turn the game off at half time like I wanted to. I gotta get up for work in a few hours, but that shit still has me feeling high.
Right. But it did save the game. Which if not for would've made coming back from 20 point deficit pointless.
Just saw the play again. Guy smacks the facemask trying to grab Rodgers, but takes him down by the shoulder pad. I think that's still a penalty, just maybe not 15 yards.
Yeah. I can understand penalty, I guess. You can't not call it, but it was a pretty pathetic penalty. Did the penalty cost Rodgers from making a play? No. That play was over at that point, and he was getting taken down either way. But hey...that's not the point of penalties. Again, probably the right call. But I still have to laugh at it a bit.

I'm done.

If Los Angeles wants a team so bad, here you go. Take this one. Move the Rams to the NFC North (fits better with travel, too) for realignment purposes and rename the team whatever you want, SoCal. Start it fresh. New colors, new logo, everything.

I just can't care anymore.

Mudcrab

I really don't know how lions fans (or browns fans for that matter) are able to have any hope.

Like damn.

89QGcRJ.jpg

Allforce

I'm pretty much done after this as a Lions fan. Just gonna be a casual NFL fan at this point and watch the big marquee match-ups and playoffs. No sense investing time and energy (and even money sometimes with various merchandise) when the team just continually lets it's fans down year after year. It's masochism and my dad who was a fan for 50+ years until he passed this year always told me "don't be an idiot and root for this team, they're completely inept" and I never got better (ignored) advice from him in my life.

I've still got the Wings. Tigers time has passed. Pistons seem to be coming back from the dead. But NFL is the holy grail of sports championships for fans and I know I'll never be a part of that.

I don't follow/watch football anymore, but the Packers are my family's team (my bro even went to St. Norbert's) soooooo....

I feel for you Lions-GAF. That play reminded me of the Packers - Shitchickens game from a few years ago.

inm8num2

Grew up w/ the Lions. Don't follow the NFL much anymore but saw some of tonight's game when Det had a decent lead.

Bring back Marty Mornhinweg.

Oh, so that's all it was. A "Hail Mary" that worked.

From a few of the things I saw pop up on Twitter, I thought it was something of epic proportions, but this is just a rare but not unheard of thing.

Oh, so that's all it was. A "Hail Mary" that worked.

From a few of the things I saw pop up on Twitter, I thought it was something of epic proportions, but this is just a rare but not unheard of thing.

Right but the come back leading up to it was just crazy. The entire game was just one cool moment to the next and eventually and perfect hail marry. A hail marry on an extra play with no time left! I've never seen a game like it live before.

Mit-

Fuck me. Done watching these assholes for the rest of the season. Which means I'm done watching football because I only root for local teams. They could've swept Green Bay for the first time in fucking forever, and had an easy rest of the season that could've ended up in a miraculous wildcard-get if things went their way, they went up 20-0 first half.

Lose the fucking game.

Fuck you Lions. I wish Martha Ford didn't own the team and we had a better head coach.

So let's call it even for the game the Packers lost but should have won on the last play 3 weeks ago instead of won but should have lost...?
There is that. The Lions tried to give away that game a few weeks back, but the Pack gave it right back. This time Detroit waited for the last play to make sure they couldn't be one-upped.

The Lions are a bunch of wonderfully generous men! We should all aspire to be so selfless.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Okay guys, who had the more embarrassing loss?

The Lions being up 20 against the Packers only to go on and lose thanks to a penalty and a Hail Mary throw, or the Browns' punt getting deflected right into the hands of Will Hill who proceeds to run the entire length of the field and scores a game-winning touchdown for the Ravens?
Browns is way worse. At least the Lions lost to a great QB. The Browns lost to a Schaub led practice squad that may have been trying to tank. That takes a special sort of failure to accomplish.

bndadm

Oof, now Jim Caldwell said in the post-game that they were planning/lined up for a lateral and not a hail mary. It's 70+ yards down the field, let them lateral all day long!

Sympathies Lions fans, you deserve better. But as a Packer fan I am going to say I do enjoy winning against Golden Tate in this fashion. Now we're even.

Edit: I will say though that Detroit loss to Seattle on that "judgement" call was awful too. I feel Detroit has it worse since Detroit has such flashes of greatness before it all goes away. Browns seem only to have hope in the first few games of the year (injuries don't help at the QB).

gimmmick

Why the fuck was Calvin Johnson on the side lines? He's 6'5 and has played defense in these situations.

Tonguer

Just got home from this game. That catch happened directly in front of us. I definitely could be one of these dumbfounded fan images if the camera caught me. Unbelievable.

Man, Packers is really wishy washy this season. Almost losing to the Lions?
You mean almost losing to us for a /second/ time this season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Some recent games that were way worse than this one:

2010 opener against the Bears that ended with Calvin getting robbed of the game-winning TD

Losing Stafford to injury and the lead in the final moments against the Jets in 2010

Matt Flynn having the greatest performance in Packers history in the final game of the 2011 season with half the Packer's starters benched and playing against a Lions team that was desperately fighting to win in GB for the first time in decades.

Colts scoring 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes in Luck's rookie year, including the game winner as time expired.

2012 Thanksgiving game against the Texans when they got screwed because Schwartz throwing a challenge on a scoring play, thus nullifying the review which would have showed that it wasn't a TD. Not to mention Jason Hanson missing what would have been the game winning FG in OT.

Justin Tucker going 6/6 on field goals, including kicking the 61 yarder to beat the Lions on MNF and essentially end their season in 2013.

Last years WC playoff against the Cowboys

Calvin fumbling at the 1 yard-line against the Seahawks

Yep, this loss sucks but sometimes, as a Lions fan, you have to just sit back and laugh at the bad luck.

And here is the difference between those "lol Lions loses" and the "lol Browns lose". Most of those games you listed actually matter.

Sure the Ravens-Browns game was hilarious but neither of those teams had anything to play for and this the game did not matter.

When Aaron Rodgers gets hurt and Matt Flynn outduels Matthew Stafford at Lambaeu in 2011, that loss is the difference between the NFC North Title or a playoff road trip to the 2011 New Orleans Drew Bree's Saints. Not an easy game and we wer toe to toe with them most of the game.

When Justin Tucker knocks down those field goals in 2013 those keep us out of the playoffs. That was a game that mattered and that 6/6, 61 yard FG kept us out of the playoffs.

Unlike the Browns games, these games mattered because the Lions are a young talented team while the Browns have a long way to go. Tonight's game mattered and that's why the loss hurt. Lions win we have momentum for a playoff run plus hurting the Packers chances and sweeping them for the year. Stafford played a great game, the team suffered through injuries, questionable calls and still lost.

It sucks but this team has a lot of young talent starting at the QB position. The future is bright if we can overcome this Cubs-seque curse.

roknin

Some recent games that were way worse than this one:

2010 opener against the Bears that ended with Calvin getting robbed of the game-winning TD

Losing Stafford to injury and the lead in the final moments against the Jets in 2010

Matt Flynn having the greatest performance in Packers history in the final game of the 2011 season with half the Packer's starters benched and playing against a Lions team that was desperately fighting to win in GB for the first time in decades.

Colts scoring 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes in Luck's rookie year, including the game winner as time expired.

2012 Thanksgiving game against the Texans when they got screwed because Schwartz throwing a challenge on a scoring play, thus nullifying the review which would have showed that it wasn't a TD. Not to mention Jason Hanson missing what would have been the game winning FG in OT.

Justin Tucker going 6/6 on field goals, including kicking the 61 yarder to beat the Lions on MNF and essentially end their season in 2013.

Last years WC playoff against the Cowboys

Calvin fumbling at the 1 yard-line against the Seahawks

It is hard as fuuuuuck to be a Lions fan yo. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom