• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

I think I sort of like the idea of each chapter of the game become increased to a full game size in one way, the more I think about it. Was just writing about it, and on one hand, there's definitely concern over pacing. I liked the original pacing of the game. But on the other game, it's kinda interesting to think that we could spend an entire full game and maybe 100+ hours exploring, grinding, maybe a few months replaying, all within Midgar.... I mean, it'll mess with the original pacing but on the flip side it'll kinda force a different kinda attachment with Midgar -- it'll be our home for a long time, perhaps haha.

Then the same again with Junon or the Tiny Bronco... the idea of spending an entire game with certain chapters is actually kinda cool in a sort of 'fan' way. Maybe the pacing of the core story hurts but it could also be more memorable and create more fan attachment to each particular location or locale.

I mean, I'm sure we've even played RPGs that we love like that before... spending 50 hours in FF Tactics Chapter 1, or delaying the first half of FF VII or a certain battle just to spend more time leveling up or 'living' at that point of the story. For FF VII-R to actually be designed around that could be cool. And the idea of certain chapters of the game, especially Midgar, being an entire game that we all play and talk about and grow attached to for a year could be pretty cool.

-Ryn

Banned
Really? You are the first one I have heard saying that he likes the cringe-worthy "love triangle" and "power of love" shit.
I'm a sucker for love stories lol

It wasn't exactly the best ever told of course. Could've certainly been done better but I didn't dislike it. Thought it was a nice little romance.

some people are a sucker for that power of friendship stuff myself included
tumblr_n32msdfNnB1rp8gz7o1_500.gif

It's a blink and you miss it thing, but I just noticed that in the trailer, when it first cuts to Barret attacking an enemy, the AI Cloud in the background to the right charges another enemy using that little dash animation he had right before attacking a target in the original game.

That's a pretty neat touch.

Mahonay

Banned
What I like about Cloud in this game is it looks closer to the portrait art from the original game. I feel like all of the other Cloud models has made him have a softer expression. This game's model seems to be trying to give you that same reaction every character gives Cloud when they see him. His eyes.

78a4ea646e9e566a62121acba8aebe82.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
I like the current approach as well. To me personally it looks more like Cloud's original interpretation.

SegaShack

Even though I really wish it was turn based. I have to say, that trailer might be the best game trailer I've seen since Twilight Princess. And I'm not even that big a Final Fantasy fan anyways.

It's a blink and you miss it thing, but I just noticed that in the trailer, when it first cuts to Barret attacking an enemy, the AI Cloud in the background to the right charges another enemy using that little dash animation he had right before attacking a target in the original game.

That's a pretty neat touch.

The faithfulness to the original game is actually incredible.

I hadn't even noticed the glow before they used their limit breaks was the same color as the glow from the original game for example.

That's really cool.

Mediking

And... I saw earlier in this thread that some people were saying FF XV is truly dead and doesn't have a chance to be hype because of this game. Man, give Noctis a chance. Let him carry the torch Cloud and Titus left for him. There's worthy hype for both FF games!

And besides........

*looks left and right nervously* Luna is gorgeous and I wanna see more of Cidney....

Falk

that puzzling face
>Help Jessie lifting her trapped feet

"Jessie will remember that."

New Game+

Unlocks being able to rescue members of AVALANCHE (gets increasingly harder the more people you want to save) and then the rest of the game includes an AVALANCHE HQ minigame/system where you build up a rebel HQ and send out operatives all over the world to execute missions.

Also you can date Jesse/Biggs/Wedge

New Game+ requires beating all episodes before starting over :'(

Dark_castle

I think it'd be hilarious if during the cross dressing scene, Cloud looks at the mirror and finds himself looking exactly like Lightning from FFXIII, as a joke or easter egg that Lightning's character design was based on a concept of female Cloud.

I think it'd be hilarious if during the cross dressing scene, Cloud looks at the mirror and finds himself looking exactly like Lightning from FFXIII, as a joke or easter egg that Lightning's character design was based on a concept of female Cloud.

There should be a way to get a Lightning hair wig for that section.

Turin

Banned
I really want to throw Prompto into a volcano.

I'm down for it. lol

Two Words

How does this game manage continuity of your character between games? Let's give them an easier time and assume the parts release a year apart. You'll have a year of grinding that you could do to max out your characters/materia. Do they just put a ceiling to the level for each part? That would suck. What about gil and items collected? Materia?

How does this game manage continuity of your character between games? Let's give them an easier time and assume the parts release a year apart. You'll have a year of grinding that you could do to max out your characters/materia. Do they just put a ceiling to the level for each part? That would suck. What about gil and items collected? Materia?

I wouldn't mind a level cap tbh. As long as it's hard enough to reach that the majority wouldn't bother getting to it, and not too high to make yourself ridiculously over powered by the time the next game comes out.

I'm not even sure if that stuff will carry over like that, but I sure hope so.

Two Words

I wouldn't mind a level cap tbh. As long as it's hard enough to reach that the majority wouldn't bother getting to it, and not too high to make yourself ridiculously over powered by the time the next game comes out.

I'm not even sure if that stuff will carry over like that, but I sure hope so.

But what about gil, items and materia?

SegaShack

We're no strangers to fucking fans
You know the rules and so do I
An action game is what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other company
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna buy your crap
You always let you down you've finally made me run around and hate you
Always gonna make you cry
Time to say goodbye
Always telling lies and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but
You're too dumb to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
Always gonna let you down
Gonna make it an action game
Always gonna make you cry
Final fantasy 7 say goodbye
Always gonna tell a lie and hurt you

This might be the stupidest thing I've read on here. Congrats.

-Ryn

Banned
latest

Dig this iteration of Prompto much more than the others. Looks more fitting for him.

Really hoping Nomura takes a minimalist approach with the love interest triangle. Can't imagine anyone would want another travesty like what we saw in the Hobbi...........

tumblr_mvyxabDEOl1sftlgjo1_500.gif
EMBRACE THE POWER OF LOVE BRAH

Really though the original approach was fine. What I'm interested in is if they will make things less vague or if it will be just as open to interpretation as the original. If I recall correctly, Nomura once said they didn't want to make any direct answer for whom Cloud would end up with. I'm sure the options will probably still be there.

I'm looking forward to the rekindled shipping war!

Not.
Brand new war for a new generation... it's a comin...

Top Bottom