• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
That's what I was trying to get at a couple pages back.

It just looks odd with him making that gesture while saying his signature "Not interested".

Just in terms of the visceral body language, I like it and get it....

I guess what it's saying to me is "I invite you to know that I fully understand... and I don't give a shit".

RocBase

That's what I was trying to get at a couple pages back.

It just looks odd with him making that gesture while saying his signature "Not interested".

yeah it really stood out on the first watch of the trailer for me. not sure if something like the anim in the trailer is still temp stuff

Turin

Banned
To me it looks more like how Squall would respond using that phrase.

I've always imagined Cloud being more direct.

Exentryk

The atmosphere is captured really well. Lighting, wet roads, smoke/fog... all looks great.

1449569167-ff7r-midgar.gif

Rising_Hei

What I like about Cloud in this game is it looks closer to the portrait art from the original game. I feel like all of the other Cloud models has made him have a softer expression. This game's model seems to be trying to give you that same reaction every character gives Cloud when they see him. His eyes.

78a4ea646e9e566a62121acba8aebe82.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Even tho Amano doesn't design the characters that's true, CC's model gave me the same chils

Edit: I misread and then edited :)

Exentryk

do you think we'll be able to enter all of the buildings? would be awesome if we can.

Probably not all, but more than the base game at least. With this episodic business, they'll likely expand and have more things to do in Midgar, including quests, mini games, etc.

Rising_Hei

how does this gif have so much depth, what the hell.

i don't think so, if this is lower level midgar, it's not as run down and trashy/slummy. in the original, buildings looked like they were made of scrap.

There's a section in low level midgar, the one closer to shinra HQ, that looks like that.
That's where the loveless building is, where Avalanche ends up after running away from the reactor, and those sections do look like new york

BocoDragon

do you think we'll be able to enter all of the buildings? would be awesome if we can.

I don't even really want that...

I want more detail than the original Midgar, but if the whole city is some Shenmue simulation, I think we are getting derailed from the point of FFVII.

Let me fire a direct arrow against silly overhype: I think it's fine if this is a non-interactive action setpiece, honestly.

Exentryk

i don't think so, if this is lower level midgar, it's not as run down and trashy/slummy. in the original, buildings looked like they were made of scrap.

With atmosphere, I just meant the effects really make the place feel alive. With the reflections on the sword and the wet roads, the fog and smoke, the point lights etc. Has a real sense of place. Also, Midgar wasn't all slums.

Fiend

With atmosphere, I just meant the effects really make the place feel alive. With the reflections on the sword and the wet roads, the fog and smoke, the point lights etc. Has a real sense of place. Also, Midgar wasn't all slums.

They should tone down the reflection of the sword. It's a bit too much.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Also, Midgar wasn't all slums.
Yeah, the only time you visit above the plate is when you bomb the reactor and visit Shinra HQ.

One of the great things about Crisis Core was getting to see more of upper class Midgar.

font-midgar.png

VIICC_Sector_8_-_Fountain.jpg

latest

It looks very sleek, although also sickly and slightly grimy, much like the gif posted above.

drtsoni

Neo Member

Don't think it's the slum. This is the upper level (you can see what looks like a theater in one scene), where they go right after blowing up the reactor, and also where Cloud meets Aeris the first time.

Cloud runs away from the soldier troops, jumps down the train and rejoins the AVALANCHE squad. The train (which runs around the central pillar, seen in the E3 trailer) then carries them down into the slum.

elixia

I don't even really want that...

I want more detail than the original Midgar, but if the whole city is some Shenmue simulation, I think we are getting derailed from the point of FFVII.

Let me fire a direct arrow against silly overhype: I think it's fine if this is a non-interactive action setpiece, honestly.

yeah now that i think about it, this isn't the witcher or skyrim or fallout... i guess i played too much of those games that it influences my hype for ff7r.

BocoDragon

yeah now that i think about it, this isn't the witcher or skyrim or fallout... i guess i played too much of those games that it influences my hype for ff7r.

Sounds fair.

FFVIIR will already be a massive experience (spanning multiple releases, we now know). We don't need to expect every building that once appeared in the background of a 1997 FMV to be fully explorable.

JayBabay

Anytime I feel any doubt from the negative news we hear I just rewatch that trailer and forget everything. I would even embrace a strategy-action battle system if they can make it challenging similar to a souls game but in its own way.

how does this gif have so much depth, what the hell.

Except that it's not, it's Street no8, as explained by Toryama in an interview.

Kikujiro

The atmosphere is captured really well. Lighting, wet roads, smoke/fog... all looks great.

1449569167-ff7r-midgar.gif

This looks so fine, I'm actually less worried now that I know it will be a multiple release, it means we're going to get the best possible representation of the FFVII world. I can only imagine how good Kalm, Junon, Costa del Sol, Wutai and the Gold Saucer are going to look.

raven777

Cloud's hair looks weird, though

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this new Cloud...

But after watching the trailer more than 100 times, now I am used to this new hair. It looks really good in some scenes, while weird on other scenes.

CVsrwkmWUAAhmK5.jpg:orig

I did expect them to go with the Dissidia arcade style of hair... which is what SE usually do... like with FFXV. So yea it was a bit surprise when I saw how different the hair was.

BocoDragon

I'm pretty happy with the Cloud design. I think they struck some sweet spot between "beautiful anime superhero" and "troubled ex-soldier with issues".

Dark_castle

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this new Cloud...

But after watching the trailer more than 100 times, now I am used to this new hair. It looks really good in some scenes, while weird on other scenes.

CVsrwkmWUAAhmK5.jpg:orig

I did expect them to go with the Dissidia arcade style of hair... which is what SE usually do... like with FFXV. So yea it was a bit surprise when I saw how different the hair was.

I much prefer the remake Cloud. He looks more ardent, rugged and dirty, like an actual, trained soldier who has been through some rough courses, someone whom I'm willing to entrust my life under. The other Cloud just looks like Advent Children Cloud, a bishounen who put on the soldier uniform as cosplay and has beautiful, shiny skin and smooth, clean silky hair.

Remake Cloud is definitely the closest they've ever gotten to Cloud's original design in 3d.

Realistic artstyle withstanding of course.

Nozem

This looks so fine, I'm actually less worried now that I know it will be a multiple release, it means we're going to get the best possible representation of the FFVII world. I can only imagine how good Kalm, Junon, Costa del Sol, Wutai and the Gold Saucer are going to look.

Exactly. Not to mention the Shinra building, Rocket Town and Mideel.

Jennipeg

I'm looking forward to the rekindled shipping war!

Not.

People can prefer whoever they want but personally I never understood the Aerith thing, there was always going to be Zack looming over that relationship. Aerith said herself that she was looking forward to meeting the 'real' Cloud, so I don't see how they could be in love when they haven't really met properly.

Turin

Banned
I much prefer the remake Cloud. He looks more ardent, rugged and dirty, like an actual, trained soldier who has been through some rough courses, someone whom I'm willing to entrust my life under. The other Cloud just looks like Advent Children Cloud, a bishounen who put on the soldier uniform as cosplay and has beautiful, shiny skin and smooth, clean silky hair.

Indeed. The soft image from the Compilation never suited him.

That gif of cloud is giving me nerd chills. they are becoming capable of delivering Advent Children level of modeling, detail and animation and its blowing my mind. This and Ratchet & Clank are on the same level of creating playable CGI movies, albiet very different styles.

Top Bottom