• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can get Sword of Destiny Witcher 3 Visuals NOW on PC (Sorta) [Video Spoilers]

All Credit to essenthy

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/57695-MOD-Super-Turbo-Lighting-Mod

Mods Used : Increased LOD by sjbox and Super Turbo Lighting Mod by essenthy

Optional : Hairworks on everything but Geralt by Crassius + LOD and modLodAndFX by Asmodean

Before and After Pictures Below(NO SPOILERS)

GNQcN5s.jpg

HG8dOUo.jpg

Lk5vC39.jpg

vfTPCLa.jpg

NWj8dHf.jpg

Left is Before , Right is After
(Max Settings , 4K[Pictures are downsized] , HBAO+ , Light shafts/CA/DoD/Vigenette)

Watch the Mod in Action. THIS VIDEO BELOW HAS SPOILERS FOR ENDGAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVylB3WoIt4

The Only reason I haven't uploaded before and after of Skellige or Kaer Morhen is because I took a 6month Hiatus from the game and haven't got that far.

The framerate loss is very minimal at 4K with running SLI GTX 980s and an i7-4790k , your mileage may vary.

There is one downside , If you plan on staring at the sun a lot the Clouds don't obstruct the sun.

Hoje0308

Banned
I like the moodiness, but the swamps might be a bit too dreary for my taste.

indecisive edit: On second thought, I like that nighttime has a more realistic level of darkness.

CHC

In case anyone is curious about this but hasn't played the game, DO NOT watch the trailer for the lighting mod. It shows you tons of main game spoilers, including the final encounter.

In case anyone is curious about this but hasn't played the game, DO NOT watch the trailer for the lighting mod. It shows you tons of main game spoilers, including the final encounter.

I'll add that . I forgot my bad , I personally only watched the first minute.

Red Hood

Banned

And I think I also saw some footage of the Heart of Stone expansion.

SJRB

Gold Member
Seems like an excellent mod. Music in the trailer was crazy, I don't remember that from tha game.

Anyone else able to comment on FPS using this? Seems like it will not be much at all.

Cool :)

I'm using a 2-way GTX 980 SLI Setup , not much drops , I can't achieve 60FPS at 4K max but solid 40-50.

Personally I drop HBAO+ to SSAO and turn off stuff like DoF . I only cranked most of the stuff up for the screenshots .

I'm not sure how it varies from other setups but it runs well for me.

Seems like an excellent mod. Music in the trailer was crazy, I don't remember that from tha game.

Its more for seeing how the mod looks.

I'd post more before and after but I haven't progressed much in Novigrad since I stopped playing back in Late May.

Vitor711

First of all - the spoilers? Super minor. Yeah, it shows the final boss fight but, unless you're going to be shocked by who that is, it's relatively minor. Yes, it shows the DLC but, again, without context, it just doesn't matter at all. You might have a character's presence in the story spoiled but any Witcher fans capable of recognising minor characters from the other games/books likely didn't wait 6 months to play this.

The night-time and swamp scenes look great. The muted colours in some areas were a concern but, after watching the trailer, that isn't an across the board change. I might install this later and see how my single 980 and i5-4690k does at 1440. Get around 45-60FPS already and curious if this incurs any further performance hit.

First of all - the spoilers? Super minor. Yeah, it shows the final boss fight but, unless you're going to be shocked by who that is, it's relatively minor.

The night-time and swamp scenes look great. The muted colours in some areas were a concern but, after watching the trailer, that isn't an across the board change. I might install this later and see how my single 980 and i5-4690k does at 1440. Get around 45-60FPS already and curious if this incurs any further performance hit.

I already put Spoiler alerts on the top . Report on what kind of perform hits you get since I'm sure some people are interested.

Its definitely less fruity than the Vanilla game.

tuxfool

Banned
Some scenes look better vanilla, others look better with this mod. I'd say it is generally up to preference.

This mod doesn't approach the old lighting engine, but then how could it.

Red Hood

Banned
By the way, how's the performance hit? With my Sapphire 280X 3GB and on 1080p, I get an average of around 40-45fps on a mix of High and Ultra (a wee bit lower in highly populated areas like Novigrad).

Are there any spoilers in this? I'm still curious to what it is but worried about watching. This game will take me a decade to finish at my current pace. Is this the next expansion?

It shows the main bad in his armor which isn't saying much . This was way back in 2014 . Mainly lots of cool cuts of scenes that look COMPLETELY different from what they look like in game.

I haven't made it to Skellige but if you don't want to know any new info then don't watch it.

I watched it many times back in 2014 , got me hyped.

Are there any spoilers in this? I'm still curious to what it is but worried about watching. This game will take me a decade to finish at my current pace. Is this the next expansion?

This is the E3 2014 trailer, so a year before the game came out. There's no DLC stuff in it

Jeremy

It shows the main bad in his armor which isn't saying much . This was way back in 2014 . Mainly lots of cool cuts of scenes that look COMPLETELY different from what they look like in game.

I haven't made it to Skellige but if you don't want to know any new info then don't watch it.

I watched it many times back in 2014 , got me hyped.

This is the E3 2014 trailer, so a year before the game came out. There's no DLC stuff in it

Ah, I see now! Sword of Destiny is just the trailer title. Thank you!

Denton

Yeah I tested this along with the cool immersive cam mod and LOD mod. Novigrad looks very close to the 35 min trailer, swamps too, but personally I think I prefer vanilla.
There was no performance hit at all.

In the new areas in Hearts of Stone, Igni's fire effects/textures or any fire doesn't show up. We I try to light a torch, it lights up the area but it doesn't have the fire effects/textures. Weird.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed by reloading the game.

That swampy/forest area in the first two picks looks like a huge improvement; very atmospheric and creepy. The before pic barely make it look like it's nighttime.

The last pic with Geralt also looks like an improvement; something about his skin tone looks better and stuff like the hair and the clothing blends better instead of "popping" out as being separate items.

The more colorful pics don't seem particularly improved, just different. I think with the improved FOV the before shots would look perfect.

I haven't picked up this game yet, but I think I might look into at least some of these tweaks before I play it.

That swampy/forest area in the first two picks looks like a huge improvement; very atmospheric and creepy. The before pic barely make it look like it's nighttime.

The last pic with Geralt also looks like an improvement; something about his skin tone looks better and stuff like the hair and the clothing blends better instead of "popping" out as being separate items.

The more colorful pics don't seem particularly improved, just different. I think with the improved FOV the before shots would look perfect.

I haven't picked up this game yet, but I think I might look into at least some of these tweaks before I play it.

Its personal preference . I find Vanilla way too fruity.

Is there a mod for better grass yet? The dense and varied grasses in the old media is a big step up from the blobby clumps we ended up with.

Mod looks nuts. Holy shit. If I ever get a PC powerful enough, I'll gladly double dip on this glorious game and indulge in those visuals.

Song is from the anime Escaflowne, rather than the game.

Mod looks nuts. Holy shit. If I ever get a PC powerful enough, I'll gladly double dip on this glorious game and indulge in those visuals.

Song is from the anime Escaflowne, rather than the game.

The Mod doesn't really impact performance but then again it depends on what kind of settings you are currently running on your PC if you want the game to look good.

Mechazawa

The novigrad "after" shot at the port docks in the OP looks worse than the previous.

Also, everything looks like it has a weird vignetting effect now.

ss_lemonade

So what was the official response to the Sword of Destiny visuals? While the final game still looks crazy good, the same scenes looking nothing like the what's in that trailer (which still looks like in-engine visuals to me)

The novigrad "after" shot at the port docks in the OP looks worse than the previous.

Also, everything looks like it has a weird vignetting effect now.

I turned on ALL The post processing Both have Vignetting .Its a lot more Pronounced should you chose to run it with the mod. You can turn it off if you want.

Top Bottom