• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[The Witcher 3] Modding "The Witcher 3". Mods and discussion within

jediyoshi

Fix For Left Stick

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention on their site. Looks like CDPR broke a part of the character movement back in 1.7.

Basically as it is now, when you're just using the left stick, you have 2 fixed speeds, walking and running. This mod reenables variable speed during the walking state so you can walk a little faster or slower based on how far you're pushing the stick.

Coreda

You know what would be super useful? A mod that could switch between different settings using a hotkey or menu item - one setting for playing and another for uber-sampled screenshots.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Appreance Mod Menu

Want to wear a hood and a cape? Wanna have accessories (like belt pouch or whatever) on your Geralt? Wanna look like a Nilfgaardian soldier? Or maybe pretend to be a soldier of the Wild Hunt? The mod is just for you!

SOLDIER

What's the best way to get mods working with Witcher 3? I tried using NMM's program, but I don't think any of the mods I downloaded work/were activated.

Karl Hawk

Banned
What's the best way to get mods working with Witcher 3? I tried using NMM's program, but I don't think any of the mods I downloaded work/were activated.

Simply creating mods folder in Witcher 3's directory and putting the mods inside there

You should use Script Merger as some of the mods might conflict with one another and gets you some script compilation errors (Which means it won't let you play the game). So this program will help you in dealing with these problems

I think you just make a mods folder in The Witcher 3 directory and dump them all in there, that's how all the mods I use work.

SOLDIER

Can't seem to get any of the mods working. I just tried the "Fast Travel Anywhere" mod and I get this message:

Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.

Gotta replay the game using this camera mod.Looks gorgeous.Camera is really important for gaming immersion tbh,the vanilla was a bit too drawn out for my taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm8VaaQG6dg

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/856/?
One thing those closer camera settings how off so well is the world and character model detail. Pretty easy to think TW3 looks only "ok" because you cannot resolve the crazy detail they actually put into tons of assets.

DarkFlame

Banned
Yeah,i mean the default camera didn't do justice to the game's details.I'd be a bit pissed if i was a graphics artist on CD Project cause my work would be kinda underappreciated by the public

Plus the closer camera adds to the immersion,i mean you fight griffyns and forktails and enter massive forests and they look small and underwhelming with vanilla camera,but with the closer camera they give you that extra chill.

Gotta replay the game using this camera mod.Looks gorgeous.Camera is really important for gaming immersion tbh,the vanilla was a bit too drawn out for my taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm8VaaQG6dg

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/856/?

Hrm, I just tried getting this to work and I see the script compile as the game starts, but in game the menu never shows up and there are no changes to the camera..

I wonder why it is not working. Are you using it mate?

If anyone noticed, motion blur distance is different in different locations. On skellige it is scaled very far, inside the kaer morhen bastion it is very close, etc. Anyone know where these values might be in the game for modding? I would love to try modding them.

Gbraga

Yep, I've been playing with a closer camera for a while, and it really makes a big difference. It just gives a much better sense of scale, and makes monsters look more threatening, and you can appreciate the enemy design a lot more. I love it.

But to make them actually feel threatening, then you also have to use some rebalancing mod, to make the game challenging :p

There are some really good ones out there. The Witcher plays at its best when it's more about preparation to particular enemies and knowing what to use than just using Quen and just focusing on hitting and dodging. The combat isn't refined enough for this to be fun, imo, so I'm really enjoying these mods.

Also very excited about Essenthy's STLM 2.0, it recovers the atmosphere you have in Killing Monsters, for example.

I was very reluctant to install mods at first (devs vision and all that jank), but I'm starting to get addicted to this. Figured I might as well give it a try after playing the vanilla game for such a long time already, and it's great.

Yep, I've been playing with a closer camera for a while, and it really makes a big difference. It just gives a much better sense of scale, and makes monsters look more threatening, and you can appreciate the enemy design a lot more. I love it.

Did you actually get the above camera mod working? (Which seems to be a great one).

I cannot get it to work inspite of trying to install it multiple times (1,11 version of course).

Gbraga

Did you actually get the above camera mod working? (Which seems to be a great one).

I cannot get it to work inspite of trying to install it multiple times (1,11 version of course).

I'm using the Absolute Camera Mod, it allows you to configure each type of camera independently through sliders in-game. It's still not perfect, but it's constantly updated:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/856

EDIT: Here's a video of STLM 2.0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COotblFKc5U

The swamp at around 3:07, so good...

EDIT2: I'm a moron, the mod I posted is exactly the one that was posted above. Did you also put the bin folder in the game's main folder? Stupid question, but worth a shot, didn't have any trouble making it work myself, and I never did the modding thing before, so if the mod itself had some trouble working, I'd probably be affected by it as well.

I'm using the Absolute Camera Mod, it allows you to configure each type of camera independently through sliders in-game. It's still not perfect, but it's constantly updated:

Ill try reinstalling it now to get it to work.

Thx for the links and what not. I will report backsoon.
edit: Yeah, I dropped the file in the bin folder in the main folder. I am not sure why it does not work.

So in steps:
1. put bin folder in the witcher3 file path (C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt)
2. Make a "mods" folder in that same path
Drop the mod folder in that path i.e. "modAbsoluteCamera16b" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\mods"

EDIT2: I'm a moron, the mod I posted is exactly the one that was posted above. Did you also put the bin folder in the game's main folder? Stupid question, but worth a shot, didn't have any trouble making it work myself, and I never did the modding thing before, so if the mod itself had some trouble working, I'd probably be affected by it as well.
I drop the bin in the proper place, put the modabsolutecamera16b folder in the mods folder...

And this is what I get:

The script loads on game start, but the menu option is blank, and clicking on it brings you to a blank menu,

screenshot of blank menu option for the mod
witcher3_2015_11_17_21juua.png

SlickVic

'Geralt the Human Doppler' is probably my favorite Witcher 3 mod right now. If you like the play as pedestrian mods in GTA as a way to mess around with the game after you beat it, then this is probably for you as well. I love that the different characters you select are still present in dialog and cutscenes (at least from what I've seen), and hearing Geralt's gruff voice coming out of Ciri or Yennefer just cracks me up. I haven't tested the mod out too extensively, but only main issue I've run into is occasionally Geralt will make a T-pose during conversations when "dopplering" though it usually only lasts a few seconds.

What's nice is about the mod is it also allows you to mix and match different hair, faces, and clothes of various NPC's to potentially create your own customized character.

Link to mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1031/?

Video of it in action

dEvAnGeL

Chances of CDPR releasing new mood tools for the game with the new expansion? How awesome will it be to have your own house on every town in the game, similar to how it happened with skyrim

Coreda

How can I install a mod via Nexus Mod Manager which needs to be installed manually (that is, by hand using single files not merely via a local NMM-compatible zip)?

Several mods need to be installed this way yet NMM's UI doesn't seem to offer a way to do this.

Update: so it looks like I need to install the Witcher 3 Mod Kit + Mod Kitchen (a front end), and 'cook'/pack the mods to be compatible with TW3 mod format.

Trying to get cheat engine to work on 1.21. Used it for W3 initial release with Jim's script and don't recall having a prob getting it to work. For reference using Zanzer's since I can't seem to find Jim's for latest version. With Jim's the hotkeys were laid out for changing fov, time of day etc. but not with Zanzer's, how do you set them in cheat engine? For reference here's the link for Z's:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=581792

Lime

Damn, I thought the mod Show Pins was for quests only (I was dumb and too fast in my browsing) so now I'm 6 hours into Blood & Wine with all the pins unlocked and it doesn't seem to be reversible. All sense of discovery has gone out the window.

Does anyone know how to reverse this or do I really have to restart the entire thing?

Pakoe

Damn, I thought the mod Show Pins was for quests only (I was dumb and too fast in my browsing) so now I'm 6 hours into Blood & Wine with all the pins unlocked and it doesn't seem to be reversible. All sense of discovery has gone out the window.

Does anyone know how to reverse this or do I really have to restart the entire thing?

Delete the mod and load a save from before you activated the mod?

Coreda

Haven't seen that mod but do know that the debug command which reveals all map POIs is permanent, according to the user-created docs.

Some of these commands will alter your game, e.g. if you enable all MapPins this can't be undone.

Reloading an older save prior to installing the mod should work fine as Pakoe mentioned.

Lime

Thanks for the quick repsonses. Yeah, I think I'm pretty fucked with this. Might as well just play it as it is.

Delete the mod and load a save from before you activated the mod?

Gotta go back 6 hours then. Not sure I have the time to do that :)

Pakoe

Thanks for the quick repsonses. Yeah, I think I'm pretty fucked with this. Might as well just play it as it is.

Gotta go back 6 hours then. Not sure I have the time to do that :)

Damn, yeah that ain't happening unfortunately.

LogicStep

So now with a new pc i want to replay the game (originally played PS4) and I want to get as many good mods as possible. Anyone got suggestions of mods that work with the latest version? That Super lighting mod looks great. And I saw some mods about better face textures. And encumbrance mod will be a must, hated getting encumbered.

Pakoe

So now with a new pc i want to replay the game (originally played PS4) and I want to get as many good mods as possible. Anyone got suggestions of mods that work with the latest version? That Super lighting mod looks great. And I saw some mods about better face textures. And encumbrance mod will be a must, hated getting encumbered.

Tbh this game doesn't need allot of mods, but that's just me.
The only on i use is The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project

LogicStep

Error [content0]game\replacers\ciri.ws(327): Function 'GetCriticalHitChance' takes 5 parameter(s) which is inconsistent with base function (3).
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(1634): Function 'ApplyOil' has different return type 'Bool' than base function (void).
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(2039): Function 'GetCriticalHitChance' takes 5 parameter(s) which is inconsistent with base function (3).

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Wonder what the mods that aren't working are.

Anteater

One minor thing I'd be interested to see a mod for is the backlight and color balance of the player model in certain areas. Here Geralt is in the shadow of a mountain at night. Obviously they didn't want the player to become too dark but the neutral color balance doesn't match the surrounding. Most of the game it's acceptable, it's only in dark areas where it's more apparent.

0aicEIx.gif

Someone finally made a mod for this I think:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2032/

I haven't tested it out yet

Top Bottom