• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some info about Final Fantasy XV / Forum Q&A

I will update with more answers.

Q: HOW MUCH OF THE BIG CITIES LIKE ALTISSIA/INSOMNIA WILL WE BE ABLE TO EXPLORE?

A: I can tell everyone a little about Altissia at this time.

Altissia has many and varied locations, such as multiple cafes, ship-bourne market places and parks etc. The city is of a considerable scale, to the extent that even the developers sometimes get lost there!

The player is free to take a leisurely walk around the complex maze of streets, or ride the gondola to see the sights and there is also added enjoyment to be had looking for restaurants to visit!
You are bound to encounter some unique characters when exploring the city streets.

So we have created lots of different things to enjoy in Altissia and hope everyone is looking forward to visiting!

Respondent: Planner Ishikawa Tomonori
https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/di...-altissia-insomnia-will-we-be-able-to-explore

Q: HOW WILL THE DIFFICULTY MODES COMPARE IN TERMS OF XP GAIN, ENEMY STATS, DAMAGE AND A.I?

A: The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.

Respondent: Lead Game Designer Takizawa Masashi
https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/di...n-terms-of-xp-gain-enemy-stats-damage-and-a-i

Q: WILL LARGE BUILDINGS HAVE MULTIPLE WARP POINTS TO ALLOW NOCTIS TO SCALE AND EXPLORE ROOFTOPS?

A: Why of course they will!
The warp ability that lets you teleport instantly to high up locations is a vital part of FFXV’s battle system. The ability to use multiple warp points in a strategic manner is especially prevalent in the game’s large scale battles over urban terrain. It is not just the buildings though, and we have also created exciting aerial battles with flying foes and gigantic boss enemies, so watch out for those.

Respondent: Lead Level Designer Terada Takefumi
https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/di...to-allow-noctis-to-scale-and-explore-rooftops

raven777

This is Altissia by the way
lTSMieV.jpg

raven777

A: The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style.

The switch in 2 different battle modes sounds interesting... but..

This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo.

I hope it's not just rushed system because it's implemented after taking the feedback from the demo.

Thewonandonly

This is Altissia by the way
Holy shit!!!! I just played episode duscae and as my first Jrpg ever I fucking loved it. I can't wait until the full game comes out and I cat try my first Jrpg ever. I got a question tho, am I going to be confused as hell just jumping in. I was already confused with what the hell that zues thing was at the end of duscae when I killed that big monster.

J-Skee

I loved how busy & large the first initial town in FFXII was. The thought of something like that being expanded on has definitely gotten me excited.

Squire

Banned
Okay.

Pretty hard to take anything they say at face value when they show so little. I'm supposed to be jazzed for this huge city I haven't seen a lick of. I hope the March showing is an actual, genuine blowout of sorts.

Holy shit!!!! I just played episode duscae and as my first Jrpg ever I fucking loved it. I can't wait until the full game comes out and I cat try my first Jrpg ever. I got a question tho, am I going to be confused as hell just jumping in. I was already confused with what the hell that zues thing was at the end of duscae when I killed that big monster.

You.. MIGHT want to start with a Previous FF game.. they're pretty cheap on steam. :)

(Or Kingdom Hearts, Nomura and all, y'know)

artsi

Okay.

Pretty hard to take anything they say at face value when they show so little. I'm supposed to be jazzed for this huge city I haven't seen a lick of. I hope the March showing is an actual, genuine blowout of sorts.

I'm absolutely certain it will be.

Wagram

no there are not?

he's saying that instead of difficulty settings there are battle modes.

not clear what that means but likely something like "auto battle" and "manual battle" and "semi auto"

Well one will clearly be harder than the other. It's still a difficulty setting, but not in a traditional sense. I don't need no auto non-sense.

Sounds pretty cool.

Will be nice to get more of an idea that the big cities might be like, and the battle system switching sounds interesting. Would be kinda interesting if it could be something like "Enemy Scaling: Story(Easy)/Normal/Hard" etc in terms of HP and damage. Would suck doubly though if some form of that screwed up achievements/trophies for those who want them. Unless you purposely tanked a superboss' HP just to beat it.

Some Nobody

I think the thing I'm most hyped for at this point is a release date, lol. We've seen a lot of this game, and yet knowing the size of an average FF game I know it's a small part of how big the game actually is.

I think the thing I'm most hyped for at this point is a release date, lol. We've seen a lot of this game, and yet knowing the size of an average FF game I know it's a small part of how big the game actually is.

You feel so ? I feel like all we have seen is Duscae. I want more footage.

TheTux

Nice to hear that they implemented a gondola for sightseeing.

I remember reading that he was a lead game designer on world map/open world part.
I believe his job title is "Main Game Planner" and he said that a game planner in Japan doesn't have the same tasks as a game planner in EU/US.

raven777

You feel so ? I feel like all we have seen is Duscae. I want more footage.

Yea honestly I feel we haven't really seen much of the game. We have barely seen any locations outside of Duscae region in real time. The driving stuff, some forests and glimpse of Insomnia..

Adaren

Different Battle Modes sounds like a great idea.

SE has been trying to find a way to appeal to create strategic action-based battle systems without risk of alienating fans of turn-based fans. Going ahead and just splitting it into two modes is a fine solution imo.

Certainly a much better solution than Auto-Battle / Slow ATB from XIII.

orioto

Good Art™
Q: HOW WILL THE DIFFICULTY MODES COMPARE IN TERMS OF XP GAIN, ENEMY STATS, DAMAGE AND A.I?

A: The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.

THANK GOD! Final Fantasy saved! I'm now interested!
I was anyway for Amano monster design

Top Bottom