• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some info about Final Fantasy XV / Forum Q&A

SPAW

Those are two different cities.

Altissia: Kingdom of the huge Waterfalls
Insomnia: Noctis kingdom with all the modern stuff and gothic night vibe.

A more relevant question would be: will we be able to explore insomnia? After they cut the original beginning in insomnia with Noctis going to the party to meet Stella, I am genuinely worried that we wont be able to re-create the epic 2006 trailer ourselves....

jett

D-Member
Multiple combat modes sounds like a very reasonable compromise. I imagine it will boil down to one requiring no precise inputs of any kind and one that does.

Soriku

A more relevant question would be: will we be able to explore insomnia? After they cut the original beginning in insomnia with Noctis going to the party to meet Stella, I am genuinely worried that we wont be able to re-create the epic 2006 trailer ourselves....

Weren't the earlier battle demos in Insomnia? Cutting the party scene doesn't mean you can't explore the city.

Oh I'm pretty sure we will, I believe the game will begin there in the first place. Just hope they didn't tamper with the events that happen there too much.

BumRush

If altissia comes out looking half as nice as the art it will be the most beautiful explorable city in video game history.

Also, this game moves up my most anticipated list every time they release new information

I mean I'll believe it when I see it but so much of what they're saying about this game sounds amazing. I just can't shake the feeling that it's going to be either very bad or very short/small.

tumblr_mogfh1ZKC31qftanso1_500.gif

1371012296-general-attack-command.gif

Aerial combat should be fun in certain circumstances and enemy specific scenarios.

sappyday

Weren't the earlier battle demos in Insomnia? Cutting the party scene doesn't mean you can't explore the city.

We also have concept art of different districts of Insomnia and footage of a Lucis parking lot from the 2013 trailer.

But no one knows for sure. The way the story seems to be laid out makes it seem we won't explore it in the beginning at least.

SPAW

Oh I'm pretty sure we will, I believe the game will begin there in the first place. Just hope they didn't tamper with the events that happen there too much.

I hope you are right, but the newest videos (TGS trailer and the one after that) all seems to indicate that the invasion happens when we (the players) are outside the city - with the player being told what has happened over radio (jump festa trailer) or by you friends (audio at the end of the demo) ...

TDLink

This is Altissia by the way

My hopes is that you can just explore everything you see in that image...but somehow I doubt that will be the case. I am pessimistic that they will match or exceed something like NLA in Xenoblade X.

Ray Down

Banned
We also have concept art of different districts of Insomnia and footage of a Lucis parking lot from the 2013 trailer.

But no one knows for sure. The way the story seems to be laid out makes it seem we won't explore it in the beginning at least.

I imagine the beginning bit we will be in Insomnia and be able to explore before the boys shove off.

d00d3n

Where is that fan calculation that computes that FFXV will be the largest game ever? We need to have faith.

silva1991

I will be fine with only exploring 1/4 of this glorious map.

too much water and waterfall in there , so there is nothing wrong if they find it hard to make most of it exploreable.

I can see maps/areas like this fully explorable on in games like gravity rush where you can fly any time anywhere and it's not a big deal if a fall off a waterfall by mistake.

Coldy

Banned
There's just no way this game is going to be bad. They seem to be saying all the right things and I'm afraid my hype levels may soon reach orbit after their march event.

Gnomist

Man, they will have to work pretty hard to make Altissia live up to the concept art and cg they've shown. I really don't want a handful of tiny districts connected by halls or loading screens and then having the bulk of the city as a fancy skybox. I want to explore the whole thing. I want to jump in my boat and cruise the canals and waterways and feel like I'm actually inside this amazing looking city. I want to take a wrong a turn and plummet down a waterfall and find a secret entrance to a bonus dungeon on one of the bridge supports. I want to warp my way to the top of the tallest building and jump off into the water. I just want to be able to feel like I'm inside the location and not locked behind invisible walls and only able to look at it from a distance.

Go_Ly_Dow

Is Altissia called Insomnia too?

Wish I could find that concept art/piece of Noctis fighting what looks like a dragon while hanging on the building.

I swear M-Night posted it.

I know which piece you're talking about, but can't seem to find it.

let's focus on this month my lord.

Nah i dont believe this, it will be decent sized imo.

Dude, be excited first for the January ATR. They will make some magic there =p

True, show me the magic.

Rodin

Nice CGI.
Where is that fan calculation that computes that FFXV will be the largest game ever? We need to have faith.
Bigger than LOTR Online or Daggerfall? Hahaha. Good luck with that.

That (silly) speculation put the game at 1200km2, which is ~50% larger than Just Cause 2-3 but 190x smaller than Daggerfall. Yeah.

The game would be enormous anyway, in fact i think 1200km2 (3x the size of Xenoblade X) would be too big for what the game seems to do (IF that's true... and it probably isn't). It would be just empty spaces to travel with your car. 1/10 of that (around the size of TW3) would already be great, in fact it would possibly be better.

My hopes is that you can just explore everything you see in that image...but somehow I doubt that will be the case. I am pessimistic that they will match or exceed something like NLA in Xenoblade X.
NLA isn't that big, i doubt these cities will be smaller.

Man, they will have to work pretty hard to make Altissia live up to the concept art and cg they've shown. I really don't want a handful of tiny districts connected by halls or loading screens and then having the bulk of the city as a fancy skybox. I want to explore the whole thing. I want to jump in my boat and cruise the canals and waterways and feel like I'm actually inside this amazing looking city. I want to take a wrong a turn and plummet down a waterfall and find a secret entrance to a bonus dungeon on one of the bridge supports. I want to warp my way to the top of the tallest building and jump off into the water. I just want to be able to feel like I'm inside the location and not locked behind invisible walls and only able to look at it from a distance.
You can't do that.

The two combat options sounds to me like it's going to affect the automation of inputs or things like that, so they can keep around the contextual one button action system while proving a more traditional ARPG control scheme for players that would prefer that.

Servbot24

Banned
Sounds good except the part about changing game modes. Commit to executing a vision rather than trying to please everyone.

SPAW

Nice CGI.

Bigger than LOTR Online or Daggerfall? Hahaha. Good luck with that.

That (silly) speculation put the game at 1200km2, which is larger than Just Cause 2-3 but 190x smaller than Daggerfall. Yeah. The game will be pretty big anyway, in fact i think 1200km2 (3x the size of Xenoblade X) is too big for what the game seems to do. It would be just empty spaces to travel with your car.

NLA isn't that big, i doubt these cities will be smaller.

You can't do that.

Given that they want to impart a sense of road trip adventure, large open spaces (without necessarily to much to do) is actually fundamental for them to achieve their aim.

artsi

1/10 of that (around the size of TW3) would already be great, in fact it would possibly be better.

lol, that would be a damn short road trip.

Considering they're traveling highway speeds the world has to be huge to give the feeling of an adventure.
W3 is fine when you're running around with a horse around villages, but traveling from nation to nation? It won't be enough.

Top Bottom