• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA & Hazelight Studios' first project slated for 2017 release

chadskin

hazelight.jpg

Hazelight Studios' (former Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons devs) first project was announced in 2014 at The Game Awards with this teaser trailer.

GameSpot followed up on the project and got an update on where things stand now:

Director and studio head Josef Fares told GameSpot recently that Hazelight's project--still unnamed and deep in development with its 25-person team--will be released in 2017.

"I can't say so much, but what I can say is that I am super confident and excited about where we are," Fares said. "I am so sure that this game, when it comes out next year, it's going to be something special. I'm really excited."

Fares also noted that EA has given Hazelight full creative control over their game, with very little publisher involvement. "It's 100 percent to us what we do and what goes into the game," he said. "Before I signed the contract, that was part of my thing. To be honest, working with them now is really good."
http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/lost-in-limbo-2016-edition-where-are-these-hyped-g/2900-460/11/

Maybe that EA Star Wars game rumour was legit?

No it wasn't.

Hopefully they'll make the kind of game they want to. Can't wait to hear more about it, it looks really interesting.

Usually hype words are blarghy blah blarb. I'll take Fares' word for it though. He's legit. Brothers ain't no bullshit.
Release is still a ways away then, but I'll continue looking forward to it.

chadskin

The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet revealed in February that Hazelight Studios registered the trademark 'A Way Out' and the studio confirmed it's one of the titles for the game they currently consider, though nothing had been decided at this point.

I suspect, with a 2017 release and the trademark registration in progress, that we'll see more of this game at EA Play next month.

Top Bottom