• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus for February: Helldivers and Nom Nom Galaxy

GeeTeeCee

I've been close to buying Helldivers several times, but was convinced it would turn up on PS+ eventually. I'm pretty happy with this month's offerings already.

Catvoca

Banned
Here's the banner btw from the reddit thread
7pWqiI6.jpg

kiguel182

When I first saw Nom Nom Galaxy it sparked my interest. It has such a cool art stye. Curious to try it when I have the time (backlog is too big damn it).

I know nothing about Helldivers but I think it was well received?

Not a bad month I say.

Tregard

Soothsayer
A rather resounding eeeeeeeeeeh from myself, perhaps mostly because Hand of Fate is going on GwG in the month upcoming and that seems more my thing.

I'll give Helldivers a go, but as someone who plays mostly on their own, I don't expect much. Hopefully there's something worthwhile in the PS3 or Vita department, but I'm not holding my breath.

Right now PS+ is mainly my Rocket League subscription fee.

Both Helldivers and Nom Nom Galaxy are awesome games.

Helldivers have pretty solid netcode while Non Nom is utter trash when you play online. its like 2 frames a sec slide show.

weekev

Banned
Helldivers looks class, Nom nom not so much but I'll still play it. Better offering than we have had for a while.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Already own it but at least this'll help boost conscription in Super Earth's war effort.

NewDust

I have been on the brink of buying Helldivers for the entire last two months, glad I get it now for free. My spend no more than $30 a month is starting to paying off double now.

I haven't gotten around to Nom Nom Galaxy yet, but from what I have seen it's also a fun game. Can't really go wrong with Q Games, of the PixelJunk series fame.

Trashbat

Already own Helldivers so disappointed.

On the plus side, its a fantastic game so the more people involved the better.

GunBR

Another month without him
Knack_capa_oficial_ps4.jpg

Helldivers is not my kind of game (too much focus on MP)
Nom Nom looks ok

Not a bad month, but not that great either

hydruxo

Helldivers is great but I bought it day one. Good thing is it'll give the player base a nice boost.

Heard Nom Nom Galaxy was solid, I'll have to try that one out.

grimmiq

Looking forward to Helldivers..Haven't liked any of the Pixel Junk games I've played so not too interested in Nom Nom..Likely be one of those games that sits in my backlog for a couple of years before I give it a shot.

Helldivers is great little gem with a surprising amount of depth. One of my GOTY and THE Starship Troopers The Game.
I've played it a lot on PC, but will gladly dive in on PS4 and Vita.

Helldivers Tips

The game has friendly fire on
Watch where you are shooting
Watch where you are throwing grenades
If you have a strategem in your hand you will drop it if you dive, get knocked over or killed, so if its an attacking stratagem chuck the thing before you get knocked down
When you are downed (bleeding out) you can still use stratagems, especially useful time for the revive beacon
Dont attempt a level 5 or above planet on your own unless you have unlocked a lot of gear
Don't go into boss battles blind
Don't use mines, you are far far FAR more likely to kill allies than enemies except for the Cyborg Boss battle

eFKac

Knew Helldivers is gonna come to PS+ sooner or later so I didn't buy it. Been burnt too many times this gen already.

Moobabe

Helldivers is excellent - a treat for those who don't own it. I have NNG on Steam but never sunk that much time into it - might give it another shot now it's fully released.

Cautiously optimistic for the full list.

Ogawa-san

I know this is stupid considering PS+ is about multiplayer, but I'd be happy to see less co-op heavy games. Magicka 2, Gauntlet, Helldivers... I have no business playing them alone.

But hey, at least it's not a 5th adventure in a row.

Top Bottom