• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's in your Vita backlog? [DON'T JUST POST A LIST]

This is a dedicated backlog thread for the Vita, the handheld who lived.

Now, there isn't much meaning to a thread full of lists without no explanation whatsoever, is there? So please, include stuff like:

-Impressions for titles you've already played,
-Expectations for titles you haven't played at all yet or why you bought them,
-Estimations for when you'll be done with your current backlog ("never" is an invalid answer :p)

My backlog is as follows:
-Persona 3 Portable (Clocked 20hr, est. at least 50hr more)

After falling in love with Persona 4 Golden which became one of my top 3-4 games of all time (can't decide between P4G and Danganronpa 2 for spot #2), I couldn't resist the allure of Persona for much more than a month (finished P4G on last New Year's Eve). It's been five days since I bought the game and I've already spent 30 hours on it. The thing is, I restarted as FeMC after playing as the P3MC for 10 hours so I only have 20 hours on my current save. FeMC seems to be a better fit, the P3MC is a bit too apathetic for my tastes. Will surely replay as him down the line though, hopefully in a definitive Vita remaster of Persona 3. Loving it so far, the highlights are the incredibly stylish combat and the overarching plot. The cast isn't as memorable as in P4G, but still god tier. As for the inevitable question of best girl, it's a triple dilemma between Mitsuru, Fuuka and FeMC so far. :p (best guy is Shinjiro <3)

-Final Fantasy VII (4hr clocked, est. 45-50 hours)

FFVII is quite likely the most revered RPG that I haven't played before. I'm a sucker for handhelds, so when unexpectedly both Persona 3 Portable and FF7 went on sale (was going to buy P3P for $20, but P3P went down to $15 and FF7 was $5, so ended up getting both) I ended up splurging on both of them. I was expecting to find FF7 very overrated since the story didn't sound that appealing from the outset, but actually except for the AGONIZING character models (I can't help but think of them as Lego), this game looks, sounds and plays great. The story is quite enjoyable too. I've always hated PSX era's graphics, but on Vita it just looks... artistic, like a mixture of painting-like environments and pixel art. Unfortunately, it can't salvage Cloud's overworld sprite but no other complaints so far. I still wonder if I should've gotten FF6 instead since I mainly wanted to play it for the story, but that's $10 so I'll just buy it somewhere down the line.

-Soul Sacrifice (unknown, on the order of 50 more hours to finish the story)

I've had this game since June. I'm in love with its lore, in fact, it has my favorite lore in all of gaming. The lore blends into the game mechanics incredibly smoothly as well. However, I have a problem with this game- and that is the gameplay. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable (because it is, going for 85 Magic / 15 Life). Offering fusion, the Archfiends, the combat- I enjoy it greatly, but I'm bad at it. The story sounds amazing and I want to read of the rest of it like crazy, but I'm stuck at an Archfiend and I can't progress. I'm grinding like crazy but I can still get Legendary Sorcerer rank only on 1* Archfiends. I keep getting stuck so it keeps going into the back burner despite how good it is. :(

-Samurai Warriors 4 (Clocked 3-5 hr or so, est. 50 hr for all campaigns with the characters I want to play as)

I just want to play as cute girls and fuck hundreds of soldiers' shit up. With swords and combos. Crazy amount of content, wonderful stress relief (and guilty pleasure). Don't think I'll be deleting it from my Vita soon.

ESTIMATION
I have 250 hours or so of RPG content before me. Assuming I don't get burnout, gaming on my Vita for 2 hours every day would mean that it'd take me 4 MONTHS AND 5 DAYS to go through my Vita backlog.

I understand that many people here have far bigger Vita backlogs than mine, so if that is the case feel free to just talk about some highlights. :p

cj_iwakura

There comes a point in SS when grinding won't help. You need to get spells that let you stick and move, like the giant boulder, the air dash ones, and ranged attacks.

That said:

Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls
Got it for a gift, finishing Summon Night 5 first.

Superbeat: Xonix
Same as above, may just dive into it, though.

Freedom Wars
Paused it when Summon Night 5 came out. Great art design, interesting plot, but the gameplay is just kind of boring.

Muramasa: Rebirth
Beat the original inside and out, paused it for Freedom Wars when it was on sale. Fantastic version of a wonderful game.
That said, the translation is VERY liberal, but still worlds better than the original's.

KraytarJ

Persona 4 Golden - just started this one, seems cool so far and what I've seen so far looks like a nice evolution on Persona 3 with many of my problems with that game being addressed.

Trails in the Sky - only played for about 2 hours but it looked solid with a very well-crafted world. I don't know if I'll be able to get to this one this year because of all the JRPGs coming this year.

Virtue's Last Reward - never played it, maybe never will. Not sure why I bought it honestly.

SephLuis

Current:

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (10 hours played. No idea how much till the end)

Not sure what to think about this one so far. The game is really good, but story progression is really weird. No idea if I am still in the beginning or in the middle of it. Also, I feel like the game has shown everything it has in the baginning. Hope it has a few surprises towards the end.

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus

I loved it on the PS3 and loving it now. I am on the sixth period now if I am not mistaken. I guess the new scenes are towards the end game and with the new characters.

Stopped:

Zero no Kiseki

I stopped because I have to finish The 3rd first, but I played until chapter 4 and it's awesome.

Estimations for when you'll be done with your current backlog ("never" is an invalid answer :p)

NG+++++

Of my life.

Razlo

Way too many games to list, but seriously focused on Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls, Lost Dimension and Steins;Gate. They're all great, but I've been sleeping on planes lately instead of gaming. Maybe I'll be less exhausted on my next trip?

Steins;Gate

I got it at launch to show my support, but then I didn't really feel like playing a VN right now. I'll get back to it this year. Probably Summer when I'll be traveling.

P4DAN

I got the limited edition, and while I like the stuff I got (the music and the Vita case especially) the game just hasn't clicked in. Stuff like Theatrhythm and Hatsune Miku Vita feels better to me as a music game, and I'm not really in the mood for the story either. I'll get to it every now and then.

Hotline Miami 2

Right in the middle of it right now. I need to decide whether I'm going to play it on Vita or go to PS4. Probably Spring

Everything on PSP/PS1

Once I get a 64GB card...

I only have Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts R in my backlog at the moment.

But then I have like 50 PS4/3 games in my backlog too so it's difficult to make progress.

Persona 4 Golden - just started this one, seems cool so far and what I've seen so far looks like a nice evolution on Persona 3 with many of my problems with that game being addressed.

P4G is in my top 3 games of all time. Such a wonderful cast...

Virtue's Last Reward - never played it, maybe never will. Not sure why I bought it honestly.

...but VLR is the GOAT. If you haven't played 999 on the DS, don't play VLR -you can't get the full VLR experience without having played 999.

Both games are INCREDIBLE in terms of story. Just don't start with VLR.

Forget my backlog, let's just talk about the Vita games I've started and haven't yet brough myself to finish:

Me & My Katamari (PSP)
Just started so this doesn't really count, as I fully expect to finish this. Finding it more awkward on my thumbs than Touch My Katamari was for some reason, enough that I switch between using the sticks and the d-pad/buttons to drive the katamari.

Superbeat Xonic
I like it quite a bit, it's just balls hard. Kind of like DJMAX Technika Tune in that way. Unfortunately, I haven't pushed myself to try any of the harder modes or practice the really difficult 4trax songs, so it gets relegated to "oh I feel like playing a set" every now and then. Doubt I'll ever finish it.

Steins;Gate
Keep meaning to go back, but the main protagonist is so intensely unlikable that even the promise of him changing later in the story isn't quite enough. I worry that by the time I clear some space for it, I'll have forgotten the story I read already and will have to start fresh.

Rayman Origins
Platformers aren't my thing so much, but as PS+ freebies go this one's pretty good. If I were more into the genre I'm sure I would've finished it by now.

Jeanne D'Arc (PSP)
Every time I play this one, I enjoy myself, but it's maybe a little too basic and the story isn't really grabbing me. I also wonder if maybe traditional SRPGs just aren't for me, as the only ones I've been able to complete are Fire Emblem Awakening and Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. (Devil Survivor doesn't count, I don't think.) Speaking of which...

Disgaea 3
Playing it on Vita instead of PS3 has at least gotten me way further into the game than I ever did on PS3 (which raises the question of why on earth did I buy so many PS3 Disgaea games). The last time I tried to tackle it, though, I ended up losing myself in Item World constantly and eventually getting bored of the (probably totally unnecessary to complete the story) grind.

Deception IV
Another game I remember liking, but kind of dropped a few hours in for no apparent reason. I intend to get back to this, as the fundamental concept is appealing to me. The only thing I remember not liking is that if your carefully laid plans ever go awry, it feels like your only real recourse is to run away frantically from the enemy and hope you have enough traps remaining to kite enemies into them.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
How I've left this game alone and finished Metrico, of all things, is baffling to me. I assume it's the platforming curse except, again: Metrico.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP)
This one's languishing on my TN-V Vita. I think I just kind of burned out on the game after 35+ hours, especially once they started introducing super-powered enemies in large packs. One mission I remember was essentially "try not to die" in a tiny-ass arena with multiple supersoldiers and a giant armored train. That was not fun. Also, as it's a fan translation, it can be a little clunky at times (totally understandable, but it does limit my enjoyment of the story slightly).

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
Apparently grinding in this game is a bad idea because random battles scale to the level of your highest-powered character and it's nearly impossible to level everyone equally? Crap. So now at a minimum I'm going to have to restart, and I don't think I understand the game's systems well enough to finishing it without grinding. I remember already having problems with some battles in Chapter 1 or 2.

Etzer

I got Steins;Gate during the last sale, so Freedom Wars is now in the backlog. Honestly, I'm giving Steins;Gate a chance because of all the praise its gotten, but the main character is so unlikable that I don't really look forward to playing it.

I've also been meaning to get back to Final Fantasy X. It was my first Final Fantasy, but I barely remember it.

Persona 4 Golden

This is the only game I still have pending to play on my EU account. The idea is that after beating it, I'd reset my vita and set it to my US PSN account. Better catalogue with 60hz PSone classics and PSP games that are not available in europe.

Yet being able to finish this... I've been playing it intermittently since August 2015 and so far I only have 13 hours on it (still in the bathhouse dungeon), only playing when I am stuck travelling or stuck in a recovery room (this was the reason I bought the Vita in the first place). I like the game, but it requires far more time than I can give it.

I'll be done with this "backlog"... By the end of the year, I think. I will be one month away with this as my only mean of enjoying games.

bjork

Persona 1/2/3/4 Golden - I grabbed all these on some sale about 2 years ago, with the intention of playing through them all in order. I've heard nothing but great things about Golden, but I wanted to see everything that came before, even if it's not all related. But I got about two hours into Persona 1 and got sidetracked on Spelunky or something, so now I need to start over.

Parasite Eve 1/2/3rd Birthday - Same again, I think they were all like $4.99 one time and I sold my old copies before I ever really played them.

DJ Max... technica tune? - Still sealed, but I heard it was good so I bought it awhile back and forgot about it until this thread.

PSO 2 - Got this at a bookoff, bought a bigger memory card to house all the updates, but it wouldn't fit on a 16gb with my other games, so despite it being the reason I got a vita, I still haven't gone back to it. I really wish they'd just bring this west, though it'll never happen.

Retro City Rampage - Haven't opened this either, but apparently it's hard to find? Maybe I won't open it.

Ladekabel

Only Steinsgate for me. Bought it in the sale before the last sale. Have started it once and haven't touched it since. Not because I dislike it but becaause I wasn't in the mood to continue it.

Jimrpg

Cool thread, Ill try and contribute to this as I play through my backlog. I've actually gone through and done what you did and estimated my backlog hours too. It's sitting at 140hrs on the Vita alone, and about 1600 hours if I include my other systems.

In order of how I'll play them.

1. Akiba's Trip (5 hours played, 2 hrs to go) - This has been a really average game and I've been kinda disappointed with it. It's technically pretty weak graphically and mechanically it just doesn't feel very good. I like the recreation of Akiba, and its presentation overall is very good (there are lots of Japanese ads, and shops and things you can go into). In general the story isn't grabbing me. I'm pretty close to the end, but I'll just be playing it the one time.

2. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (2 hours played, 10 hours to go) - I'll probably play it just the one time. I finished the 3DS version and didn't really like it, and it seems like this is more of the same but harder. Thought I would give the series a second shot as I like beat them ups, but its not really doing it for me.

3. Persona 4 (10 hours played, 40 hours to go) - It's going to be about 50 hours to complete this right? I'm not feeling this game either! The dungeons are too samey and there's too much grinding. Everything else is great though, story is awesome.

4. Terraria (5 hours played, 15 hours to go) - I love this game, but I'm a bit lost, I'm digging and digging and not finding anything. I'm curious to dig out the map though and then I'll see where that gets me.

5. Oreshika (not yet started, 30 hours) - Love the art style of this, and I think its a little hardcore for me, but I'm willing to give it a crack.

6. Final Fantasy Tactics (not yet started, 40 hours) - I want to start this so badly, but I think I want to wait until the holidays and get a good chunk of it under my belt.

So around about 140 hours of Vita gaming here and a reason why I haven't bought a Vita game in a while. I want to get Freedom Wars and Demon Gaze sometime in the future.

Chesskid1

Banned
pretty much every game installed on my vita right now is on my backlog lol

i actually went and a few months ago looked through all my vita games and decided to fill up my memory card with things i wanted to play

-Bastion
-Ys: Memories of Celeceta
love the YS games so probably high priority
-The Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Sky
-The Legend of Heroes: Blood of Cold Steel
i'm debating which one of these to start. probably cold steel cause better graphics and 2 and 3 are likely coming to vita and i already played like 10 hours of TiTs but stopped playing
-La Mulana
-Jeanne D'Arc
always wanted to get into SRPGs but i never really enjoyed the actual gameplay, all the classes, etc. heard jeanne is like one of the simplest SRPGs so might as well give it a shot. love level-5 as well.
-Xenogears
never beat this as i was younger
-Corpse Party
i remember getting stuck in some dumb part where i would die in a part over and over but i enjoyed it, will return one day
-Rogue Legacy
-Steamworld Dig
-Freedom Wars
-Nova 11
-Dragon's Crown
awesome looking game been meaning to play
-Muramasa Rebirth
awesome looking game been meaning to play
-Sonic Racing Transformered
put like 100+ hrs into MK7. no access to MK8 and heard this was great
-Gurumin
heard its like zelda, enough said
-Dangonronpa
yeah, vita owners know this game, praised to hell. will play one day.
-Hotline Miami 2
loved the first one, havent gotten to it yet
-Hatsune Mikie Project DIVA F
beat all the songs on the easiest mode, need to play/get into it more

and these are all on a freakin 16GB card. i think 3 of these are on a retail cartridge. a bunch are from PS+.

this is just my vita backlog. dear lord.

Banned
My backlog isn't too large, thankfully.

Freedom Wars
I bought this at the start of last year and I haven't even touched it. I purchased it as my friend was telling my it was a good game/

Demon Gaze
Bought this because it was on sale at Play-Asia. I didn't get too far but I liked the art and battle system. I just stopped playing it because I was getting busy.

Virtue's Last Reward
Need to beat 999 first before I can start this. Bought it because it was on sale.

Wipeout 2048 - Played a little bit of it, probably won't ever go back to it. More into playing story based games than putting a ton of time into getting good at a racing game.

Dragon's Crown - Looking forward to this one, but it's low priority in my overall (not just Vita) backlog.

Ys: Memories of Celceta - I'm playing through all the Ys games, so I'll get to this one eventually.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Still need to play both of the Trails in the Sky games, and with the announcement that 3rd is coming over I might wait for that too, and then see if the other missing two get announced. So this one will be here a while, but at least it'll have its sequel keeping it company on the shelf soon.

Steins;Gate - Bought this recently and plan on playing it sometime soon, but there's an upcoming onslaught of games so not sure when I'll have time.

That's it as far as the main retail titles go, I'm doing quite well staying on top of Vita games.

Thud

I haven't touched my Vita lately, but anyway I have a few games on the backlog:

Corpse Party Blood Drive

Couldn't finish the game before Xenoblade X came out. I did pick it up for a bit and then other games happened. It's Corpse Party so I want to finish it for the story. The gameplay has always been kinda bad (not exclusive to horror games), loading times and chase scenes are even worse.

Grim Fandango Remastered

Really hard to get in the mood. Some of these puzzles are pretty farfetched. Characters are interesting.

Freedom Wars

Not sure if I want to complete it anymore. The game got pretty hard and I just lost touch with it.

I also have a few PS1 games to finish on the Vita, but that's a different backlog to me.

Kysen

Currently stuck in a rush of PS4 releases but my Vita backlog is hefty.

Both the below rpgs I'm following a detailed digital guide (pictures/charts) to get the most out of the games.

Sen no Kiseki 2 - Started this last year, i'm in the last dungeon and going to grind social links with the cast before killing the boss. I just need to find the time to do this. I also managed to screw up my first playthrough by not turning in the 'find all monster info' quest at the right time. So I am going to have to carry that over into the 2nd playthrough on Nightmare difficulty.

Xanadu - Bought this on release before the guide was out. Got a few hours in and put it on hold. I think i'm going to start this game again. Being a Falcom RPG its going to be a long playthrough.

Gundam Extreme vs Force - This game has been relegated to short bursts when I have free time. The core is there but it lacks variety. The game is also missing the addictive leveling up system for the suits the last games had.

Mihos

Gold Member
I have a list, but I am not supposed to put a list. I can't give impressions... I haven't played them yet. I have a ton of travel this year, so I am in danger of running through them by June.

MikeyB

Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice: Delta, Muramasa DLC, Killzone Mercenary, Person 4 Golden.

There's only one reason why I'm not playing them. The Witcher 3. It's sooo good.

Games I haven't played at all

Atelier Totori Plus
Bought on sale, haven't touched.

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Bought on sale, haven't toucheddd

Games on hold:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
I'm somewhere between 15 to 20 hours in and it's so boring I'm having trouble forcing myself to continue. Still don't really like anything about it other than the battle system.

DJ Max: Technika Tune
Wasn't feeling the touch-only controls so I shelved it after a while. Not sure if I'll go back to it.

Steins;Gate
I'm somewhere in chapter... 2? I'm not in too big a hurry to continue since I'd already seen the anime, but I'll keep chipping away.

Atelier Rorona Plus
Atelier Meruru Plus

Rorona is pretty darn good, but I didn't get into Meruru much. Will have to restart them someday, but it could be hard to go back to Arland mechanics after playing the shit out of and loving Escha & Logy Plus.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
I have like one route left? And apparently it's the worst one so lmfao. This game isn't really anything more than okay, but it's amusing enough to hold my interest. But then, it's been about a year since I last played...

Freedom Wars
Got really far in but didn't finish. My favourite thing about it is how cute my avatar is.

Games I didn't finish and am never ever ever ever going back to:

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
I didn't know how it felt like to actually actively want to die until I played this. I somehow got halfway through the very last story until I decided enough was enough.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
This was a mistake.

All in all, I'll probably still be chipping away at my backlog in 20 years because I keep going back to Project Diva.

Yasumi

Banned
Counted, and my current Vita backlog's 59 games deep. On the plate at the moment are:

Escha & Logy Plus:
Going through it at the moment, easily my favorite Atelier ever.

Ar nosurge:
Around chapter 3 I think? Got distracted by a bunch of new releases and need to go back to it.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters:
Enjoyed the missions I played, just need to be in the right mood for the gameplay.

Operation Abyss:
Got kind of lost last time I played, need to catch my bearings and get back to it.

Neptunia Rebirth 2:
Going through it slowly, I think I'm getting close to the end.

Neptunia U:
It's okay, like a slightly less fully featured Senran Kagura. Will get to it eventually.

Oreshika 2:
I enjoy it once I actually sit down and start playing it, but man it's a timesink.

EDF2:
I got both it and EDF 4.1 at the same time, so I'm trying to avoid over-EDFing myself.

Steins;Gate:
Played the PC VN fairly recently, so I'm waiting a little before I start back in on it.

Griss

The main one for me is Atelier Rorona Plus. The problem is that the game takes place over the course of three 'years' and at the start of the third year the game crashes, pretty much every time. I can't get past it, but I refuse to restart the game, as it's fairly mediocre in all respects bar the sense of charm and gentle humour the characters have.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Played about 8-11 hrs

So far the battling is fun but the story isn't keeping me interested so it's hard for me to play. Hoping the ch.10 everyone keeps mentioning will get me into it.

Trails in the sky 1: played about 10 mins

Hoping for a great story like everyone has hyped it to be.

Steins;Gate: played about 30 min

Once again I'm hoping for a great story.

When I'll be done, I'm hoping for the end of summer if I do complete each game. But 2 of the 3 are easily 50+ hours games so who knows.

Shovel Knight I have to do New Game+ and Plague Knight's campaigns yet. Really fucking enjoyed the base game though, felt like my childhood.

Arkham Origins Blackgate Played 10 minutes and I wasn't feeling it. I think I need to give it a better chance.

NesFe

I try to finish games as soon as I buy them more so on handhelds since most of my gaming is on them. that said :

Dragon Quest builders : right now I'm in the middle of the 3rd town quests, so I'm one town away from finishing it. the game has been great so far, runs well, looks nice, has charm and tons of stuff to build. Definitely enjoying it (have like 40 hours in it so far).

Steins; Gate and utawarerumono(psp) : I've already watched both of their anime series and really enjoyed them, so I haven't build up the energy t start them up yet. I've already beaten the utawarerumono sequel on vita(need the third game now !), so I want to play the prequel without the anime cuts.

Exist Archive a fun Valkyrie profile like game, but the repetitiveness of the areas and monsters has made me put the game on hold till I finish other games.

shingeki no Kyojin : a fun action game once you understand the mechanics, has some pop ups, frame rate drops when tons of giants are on screen and low tier textures on vita, but I still find it enjoyable. About half way through the main story campaign now.

Also, I just finished recently Odin sphere remake and Nayuta no Kiseki(psp). Odin Sphere runs amazingly well and looks great on vita. It's my favorite vanillaware so far. Nayuta is like an old Ys game only the Lite/mini version. It's level based and has lots of platforming. Combat is fun and the boss are enjoyable to fight. Story is bit meh.

Corpse Party 1 - Currently in chapter 3, then the other games came in. Will get back to it hopefully someday. Good story, just hard to control.

Deception 4: Blood Ties - Chapter 5, but then I'm having a hard time to get those requests by the sisters since I don't know which traps to place. Lack of saving in between missions per chapter is really bad. Should have gotten the other version.

Superbeat Xonic - Still trying to unlock some songs. My breather game in between RPGs. Enjoyable rhythm game so far. It's hard to use touchscreen with this one because sometimes the touch doesn't register that fast.

Hatsune Mike PDF2 - Have to finish hard difficulty..and eventually to get the platinum trophy. Similar to the first game. Just need to really memorize those songs.

Tactics Ogre: LUCT - Lost my save from PSP. Will eventually start from scratch I guess. Good gameplay and tactical RPG are one of my fave genre.

Currently playing P4DAN. Will proceed with Hyper dimension neptunia action unleashed afterwards first before any of the above.

Right now I'm sitting on P4DAN Disco Fever Edition and Steins;gate.

I just finished Shovel Knight two weeks ago and the recent $9.99 sale for LOH:TitS has gotten me distracted from finishing P4G so I can play P4DAN.

Persona 4 Golden - Started this on a work trip and put in a few hours, haven't touched it in months.

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - Played it briefly a few times, now I'm somewhat determined to play it enough to unlock Rondo of Blood and give that some time.

Also meaning to revisit the Capcom and SNK Arcade collections along with most of the Vita library. Probably time to plan some more work trips...

My vita backlog is huge and will take a months to complete if not a couple of years (at the pace at which I'm playing), as I'm always moving onto a new game without finishing the one I'm playing (unless it's an rpg and I'm hooked by the game). However I'll post some current games that I'm playing/have in my backlog. (Usually when I play a game like an rpg, I have a side-game to play when I get bored which is something you can easily pick up and play e.g. an beat-em-up like senran kagura).

Currently Playing:
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Played for 35hrs. Still in chap. 5 :p. Can't help it though since I've recently managed to get my hand on 4 tact. usbs and I'm busy grinding up my digimon and evolving/devolving them. Estimated time to complete: Definitely upwards of 100hrs as I'm looking to get the platinum trophy as well

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Played for 5hrs. Yes I know that the next game is out but I bought this game recently on a psn sale so It'll be a while before I start the new one! The game is quite good and while I might not aim for the plat, I'll at least finish the story modes.

Backlog
Dungeon Travelers 2
Played for 55hrs. Honestly when I first heard about this game I thought that it might be bad and the dev is using fanservice as a means to maximise sales. Later when I was playing demon gaze I was longing for another drpg and that's when I heard that dt2 is one of the best drpg on the vita. I've decided to give it a try and while initially it was a bit too difficult, after 10hrs everything sort of "clicked" and I was enjoying myself! Yes the game is heavy on fanservice but it also has a silly but humorous tone which made the character interactions enjoyable. The best part is off course the gameplay. I loved how the game forces you to think and use skills, buffs, de-buffs instead of just spamming attack and I loved the classes as well which brings a wealth of options (skills) for you to mess around with. Also the game is HUGE! It took me 55hrs just to complete the story after which I had the entirety of the post-game in front of me which is just as long if not longer than the main story. Estimated time to finish: over 50-60hrs at least.

Muramasa Rebirth with 3 dlcs
Played for 10hrs (although I plan to start from the beginning). Initially I intended this game to be my side-game to digimon, but after purchasing senran kagura on a sale I ended up placing this game in my backlog. The reason I wanted to start this from the beginning is that I played it a long time ago and I remember being bad at this game (although the game in itself is really good and the dlcs are totally worth it imo).

Lost Dimension
Played for about 6hrs. Another hidden gem of 2015 for the vita (along with dt2). I love this game from what I've played! I've never played a valkyrie game before (the gameplay of lost dimension is inspired by valkyrie chronicles series I believe?) so I'd love to start valkyrie chronicles 2 after I'm done with this one (just waiting for a sale. Missed the previous ones).

Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Played for 18hrs. ITS PERSONAAA! What more can I say? Atlus took one of the best aspects of persona 4 and turned it into its own game. Honestly I would've been satisfied with just a rhythm game for $50, but they gave us a wonderful story mode as well. When I started the story; seeing one my most memorable cast of characters interact with one another made me smile like a little boy :p and the music is just perfect imo. Will definitely come back to plat it.

Persona 4 Golden
Played for above 160hrs. Simply one of the best if not the best game on the vita! The story, the characters, the music, the visuals everything, everything was perfect imo. Even now on my third playthrough I loving every single moment of it. It's like every time I play this game, I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, like I'm seeing my favourite anime series (I'll probably get teary eyed again when it ends, happened to me with p4dan as well :p). Can't wait for Persona 5! Estimated time to complete: another 30hrs at least.

Trails in the Sky SC
Played for 2hrs.. I loved FC's plot, simply one of the best jrpg plots out there. I loved the characters and the music as well. This is definitely up there on my list of best games along with persona. I'll pick this up as soon as I'm done with digimon. Estimated time to complete: over 60hrs? maybe more :p.

ghibli99

I just finished and platinum'd Sound Shapes last night. My first platinum ever, actually. Game really surprised me, especially after finishing the campaign. I haven't really created anything, but I'm really enjoying all the curated content. I like this better than LBP.

P4: DAN is up next.

Top Bottom