• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii boxart styling revealed? No.

Posted by VOOK in the Wii steering wheel attachment thread:

ubisoftproseriesdf7.jpg

It certainly seems legit.

Peru

The curve is needed... I tried quick-modding it without it and it becomes a little static. Looks nice overall, but then again the color scheme of that boxart fits particularly well.

Aurora

I think the curve gives it a nice overall effect. If it was a plain old stripe it would be far more boring.

BooJoh

Xrenity said:
The plusses/d-pads were used at E3 and some events, iirc :)
Ah, ok then.

I'm still a bit skeptical of its authenticity, but it would be perfectly acceptable if real.

My qualms with it:

-This exact image is available without the top bar and without the accessory text.
-If the wheel was included, would they neccessarily write that on the box art, seeing as it would likely come in a larger box?
-The black blur behind the attachment text doesn't seem sharp enough to me, but I'll give that we've seen worse on real box arts.
-The lack of neutrality in the blues on the bar.. not sure if that gradient will mesh well with a wide variety of covers.
-the positioning of the rating and other logos has changed from the other image.. don't know if that really means jack.

But I'm not willing to persue its validity beyond this post, since it doesn't really matter to me.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sorry boys itsa fake, I did'nt even make the header (another gaffer) but after seeing the thing on IGN I thought why not :)

Next week I suppose then :)

jonezer4

VOOK said:
Sorry boys itsa fake, I did'nt even make the header (another gaffer) but after seeing the thing on IGN I thought why not :)

Next week I suppose then :)

Not too shabby, but the fact that the wheel icon is so big and relatively disconnected from the "wheel attachment included" pointed to fake for me. :)

Also, I thought it a coinkidink that this boxart, highlighting the wheel attachment, was released the same night as the first article showing a picture of said attachment. In fact, the wheel silhouette was obviously made from the exact pic released.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
was always going to be fake if the word "nintendo" didnt appear in any form on the box

[Nintex]

metdroid said:
Do all amateur sites/blogs take all their stuff from gaf?
yes they do, GAF should be a paid service!

Edit: I stopped reading the dutch [N]Gamer magazine when I found out I was reading a writed down version of GAF:lol
Same jokes, speculation etc.

lancubap

Not bad, but I expected something different.
We have a different console, with differents games and a very different name. So I expect a different boxart style too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Those damn bars at the top are the worst thing that have happened to box art.

Death to them.

I agree but at the same time a distinctive colour and visible branding is pretty much a requirement these days with 3 consoles on the shelves - not even taking into account GBA, DS and PSP stuff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The GT Pro boxart is an obvious fake; look at the outer glow on "Steering Wheel Included". Bog standard photoshop.

Aesthetically, though, it's nice :D

I like both mock-ups quite a bit, but the first one would probably be best...

the androgyne said:

...Since who knows how many would confuse the Wii packaging for Blu-Ray movies/games at first glance. ;P

big_z

im kind of hoping they use smaller cases this time around... kinda like the japanese cube cases but less cheap

bogg

I bet that the androgyne box design is going to be way better than the official one.
Damn you Nintendo!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Oh here is the other one Angrogene made, I just used his header (with permission)

smg-boxart.jpg

I only made it to see if anyone would pick it up, the opera DS box I posted back here when it was first annouced showed up on no less then 5 sites, including Gamasutra :)

Buggy Loop

Naw, i prefer N's design than androgyne, sorry dude. Andro's design just doesnt go with the Wii console, at least not the way i view the wii design. First, your white to gray fade makes it look like silver, thats industrial and cold, boring basicly, its been a color way overused in the past years, nowadays its full plain colors. And second, the blue

_41855580_wii203.jpg

Its only a small line in Wii's design, not a focus, thats why i think nintendo's one is closer and easier to recognize with the console.

I just like simplicity :)

Buggy Loop said:
Naw, i prefer N's design than androgyne, sorry dude. Andro's design just doesnt go with the Wii console, at least not the way i view the wii design. First, your white to gray fade makes it look like silver, thats industrial and cold, boring basicly, its been a color way overused in the past years, nowadays its full plain colors. And second, the blue

_41855580_wii203.jpg

Its only a small line in Wii's design, not a focus, thats why i think nintendo's one is closer and easier to recognize with the console.

I just like simplicity :)
Good points.

wii-blue.jpg

The blue areas should be silver... with glowing blue outlines like on the Wii console. That would look better.

Top Bottom