• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Banned Words- Prolly Wii U as well- Good for a laugh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is it as bad as Marvel Heroes, where you cant say penis for example?

anatomy is evil

*arschgefickteseichhörnchen* is my favourite. Rougly translated: ass fucked squirrel. Oh we germans know how to curse.

P.S: and we have the most words banned too...haha. I wish I had to be responsable for doing that list. XD

Griss

Lmao at 'feck', 'fenian', 'gobshite', 'jaysis', 'knacker' and 'slapper'. Nintendo has been to Ireland confirmed.

Pissflaps definitely took the win for me. Though I'm looking forward to seeing the response I get when I call my gf a cockgoblin later. I need to go through the lot when I get a chance.

For those that are not versed in regular expressions:

Something like .*willcom\.com.* means that anything that contains the text "willcom\.com" is rejected.

Something like ^fcuk$ means an exact match only.

It's an extremely low-calorie diet. Obviously they don't want people advocating it to impressionable kids.

Edit: Although, let's be honest, as amusing as it is to imagine departments within Nintendo deciding exactly which words and phrases to ban, this is almost certainly something they've licensed from somewhere (with a few domain-specific terms they added themselves).

Top Bottom