• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Banned Words- Prolly Wii U as well- Good for a laugh

deim0s

"Batard" is banned? Huh, unless there's another meaning to a bread name.

I lol'ed at "Masturbateur", I have a name for a friend now.

tauroxd

"Subnormal."

image.php

You said that word and you lifted your shirt... Sir, you are a rebel!

"Suicide Bombr"

lol. funny that Nintendo's very own eshop features a game called "Bombing Bastards" (No, I'm not kidding)

*arschgefickteseichhörnchen* is my favourite. Rougly translated: ass fucked squirrel. Oh we germans know how to curse.

P.S: and we have the most words banned too...haha. I wish I had to be responsable for doing that list. XD

or maybe it's of austrian origin?
we do have a long tradition of animal intercourse. I know two people in my village alone who had sex with cows.

I guess there won't be a Beaver powerup in Mario any time soon.
Apparently it is slang for vagina.

Speaking of which are there any beavers in animal crossing? This is going to lead to another Coffagarius situation (in Gen V you couldn't trade this Pokemon unless you nicknamed it as the games profanity check included Pokemon without nicknames).

Didn't you see the How I Met Your Mother Episode with the Beaver Song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqklWJxUTo

Two beavers are better than one, they're twice the fun, ask anyone.

HGH

Banned
"Batard" is banned? Huh, unless there's another meaning to a bread name.

I lol'ed at "Masturbateur", I have a name for a friend now.

Batard and batarde are French insults, yeah. I remember seeing it a lot in literature. It means someone that's not scrupulous.

This thread is all kinds of awesome. :D I'm reading the Spanish ones and cracking up, some are so surrealistically specific.

^folladorenmascarado$ -> Masked F**ker (huh?)
^pedazodeinútil$ -> Basically, "Extremely incompetent", which is odd two-fold: because it's not a swear word by any stretch of the imagination, and because the non-superlative form, "inútil", is apparently OK. :D

For those that are not versed in regular expressions:

Something like .*willcom\.com.* means that anything that contains the text "willcom\.com" is rejected.

Something like ^fcuk$ means an exact match only.

To be precise, backslash is an escape character (for the dot), so \. is really a single dot. So, willcom.com

Best Spanish word is "pelandusca", because we usually say "pelandrusca" even if it's wrong.

Wow, really? Absolutely no one I know has ever said it without the r. The moar you know!

nintendo logic.

does it involve a human or human clothing in any way? ITS PERVERTED BLOCK IT

Not really:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shirt+lifter
That entry is positively ancient too (2005) so apparently it's not even new slang. I guess it simply didn't catch on.

sphinx

the piano man
At work so I can't look for myself but I am curious

Are words like "blackhole" or "wormhole" banned? Is "hole" even allowed?

Top Bottom