• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates Reviews Thread

Shun

6vZdk2l.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that review score will take into account both Birthright and Conquest Versions and the Revelation DLC path since reviewers were given copies of the Special Edition? So all three as an entire package.

If the review scores separately, please post them as separate reviews with the version/route first, then score.

embargo does not open up until another hour but apparently opencritic is doing a thing where they give away a copy of the game or a $30 USD gift card for those who guess the review score? Don't know if linking that is allowed but people may be interested in that.

http://opencritic.com

The Fire Emblem Fates OT will be up later tonight at midnight or morning.

Please keep review discussion on topic and not excess from the dozens of threads regarding this game. Speculation on overall score, discussing or criticizing a score, or concerns or questions in regards to the score and content. Many of us have play import of the game already and can clarify. Please do not attack other members or attack the reviewer and please keep discussion objective. Seda you da bes.

Personally I think the game is leagues better than Awakening, especially Conquest. Birthrights more refined, but Conquest definitely being the highlight for many Fire Emblem fans. However review scores will be different though and whether or not it scores higher than Awakening shouldn't deter from the fact that many Fire Emblem fans consider this game much more balanced and better than the mess that was Awakening.

Reviews

Conquest Reviews
OpenCritic Average: 88/100; 22 Reviews
goGfJSp.png

IGN Conquest 9.5
GameXplain Loved It (Conquest)
Destructoid 9.5
Conquest - 9.25
USGamer Conquest 4.5/5
Gamerant 8
GameSpot 7/10 Conquest

Birthright Reviews
OpenCritic Average: 87/100; 20 reviews
WiumXPP.png

IGN Birthright 9.4
Birthright - 9.25
USGamer Birthright 4.5/5
Destructoid 8.5
GameSpot 8/10 Birthright

Revelation Reviews
U0sejFW.png

GameSpot 9/10 Revelation
Destructoid 9.0

Cumulative Reviews
Nintendo Everything gave it a Thumbs Up
Tehcnobuffalo
Idigitaltimes Must Own
Nintendo World Report - cumulative 9.5
FinancialPost 9
Attack of the Fanboy 9
NintendoLife 9
Shacknews 9
Polygon 8.5
PasteMagazine 8
Gamesradar 4/5
Escapistmagazine 4/5

I think reviewers are more likely to rate each route seperately like ign and gamexplain did since they're very different and all routes are apparently long, so I doubt many reviewers have finished more than one

Soulflarz

Banned
Seeing as they sell these seperately and it's not like two pokemon versions, I'm all for vastly different games getting reviewed seperately.

Why would you split reviewers though?
(I get why I just don't like it)

Magnalon

Neo Member

Shun

Right off the bat I already disagree with Gamespot's review score. That is the complete opposite order of the routes in how good they are in terms of design. Birthrights and Revelation can be switched depending on overall package.

Please format the reviews in a way that is easy to copy and paste to the OP.

Quonny

The three versions aren't even reviewed by the same person. That seems like an incredibly weird choice when you're trying to decide between them.

Lunar15

Right off the bat I already disagree with Gamespot's review score. That is the complete opposite order of the routes in how good they are in terms of design. Birthrights and Revelation can be switched depending on overall package.

They're all still pretty high scores???

Magnalon

Neo Member
So, Revelations seems to be getting some great scores. Is this a full game, similar to Birthright and Conquest?

Yep. It's basically a "true ending" (billed as an "alternate take") that has bits and pieces from both.

They all have roughly the same amount of content as Awakening. The Revelation "My Castle" element has bits from both core games too.

Top Bottom