• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PC] Rise of the Tomb Raider - 17.99$@ Gamestop.com (Steam key, US only]

Ok i can confirm that Gift Cards work outside the US. I received my keys instantly!

This is what you need to do:

1. Buy a 30$ gamestop gift card from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MV9FCFQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
2. Place your order at gamestop. You have to enter an address still!
3. Google any Hotel in New York for example. They will add 2% tax (cuz of NY) but you're fine with a 30$ gift cards.
4. Receive codes directly on checkout.

Awesome, thanks for that info.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I only got the "Order confirmed" email from Gamestop, how long does it usually take for the key-email to show up?

BADMAN

Sooo yeah I never got my codes. I'm wondering if I should go with the gift card option and potentially buy it twice. Can I return an order if they both go through?

mandiller

Ok i can confirm that Gift Cards work outside the US. I received my keys instantly!

This is what you need to do:

1. Buy a 30$ gamestop gift card from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MV9FCFQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20 (thanks neonglow for the link)
2. Place your order at gamestop. Go to checkout.
3. You have to enter an address still! Google any Hotel in New York for a valid address. They will add 2% tax (cuz of NY) but you're fine with a 30$ gift card.
4. Enter your giftcard code + pin and just do "Submit Order".
5. Receive codes directly on checkout.

That worked for me here in Australia. Thanks! It took about 5-10 minutes to get the Steam code.

jfoul

I only got the "Order confirmed" email from Gamestop, how long does it usually take for the key-email to show up?

I got my codes at my order summary. I got this email after the order though.

For your protection, we do not send download codes directly through email.

If you checked out using your GameStop.com login information, please follow the steps below to access your digital code and download instructions:

If you checked out as a Guest, please follow the steps below to retrieve your digital code and download instructions:

• Go to https://www.gamestop.com/Profiles/OrderTrackingLogin.aspx
  • Use Order Lookup by entering either your email address and order number or your email address and the last 4 digits of payment card you used when placing the order.
  • Click on the order number.
  • Redemption instructions will be located underneath your code.

Tenck

Order went through. Now to wait 10 minutes for it to be done downloading and I'll have something to do for a few hours.

Thanks OP.

Evo X

I fear any orders going through right now with credit cards will be cancelled.

Can someone buy me just the Season Pass with the GameStop giftcard method and I'll PayPal you $9?

KyleCross

Why are people assuming it's a pricing error when not only the base game, but also the DLC and the Game+DLC bundle are also reduced?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In case anybody is wondering if the Season Pass is worth the price, it has three "big" pieces of content:

- Baba Yaga: It's essentially one long side mission and will take you no more than two hours at the absolute most.
- Endurance: Think Don't Starve. The aim is to survive for as long as you can while battling the elements and the occasional enemy.
- Cold Darkness Awakened: Still en route, but think Gears of War's horde mode.

I'd say $9 is fair if you'll sink some time into the two game modes, but otherwise I'd chop that down to $5.

packy34

Why are people assuming it's a pricing error when not only the base game, but also the DLC and the Game+DLC bundle are also reduced?

Because the bundle is more expensive than buying the base game and DLC separately. It's just a straight percent markdown on everything and it's clearly a mistake.

Corpekata

Banned

Because slightly older and less high profile games like Just Cause 3 are still 45 bucks. ROTR has sold more in a month on Steam than JC3 has in 2 and a half, so it makes no sense to deep discount it so much so soon.

A ton of Square stuff seems to be at a flat 70 percent off, and it likely just got caught in a blanket discount.

Evo X

Just want to confirm if anyone that paid with credit card had issues getting their key?

I don't want to buy a gamestop gift card as the lowest denomination you can buy is $25 and I just want the Season Pass.

Corpekata

Banned
FWIW you can buy Gamestop giftcards as low as 10 bucks on sites like GYFT if you don't want to worry about overspending on giftcard credit.

HereticJ

Still waiting for my key....
Just my luck, it seems I'm the only one here with this problem

Nah, I still haven't received a key after getting an order confirmation either. I don't even get text below my order number and it has been nearly 2 hours since getting my confirmation. Just figured I'd wait until GameStop sorts it out.

Just purchased this with PayPal in the US and I didn't get my codes in the email.

Hopefully I'll get them! I checked the order status on Gamestop and it has it listed as "open" still.

d3vnull

NoRéN;196339433 said:
Just helped out d3vnull if anyone needs help still.

Thanks, NoRéN. Got the Season Pass key.
But I was too quick and totally forgot that I already have it.

Anybody wants the key? PM me.

edit: it's gone

GHG

Thanks OP. Just grabbed it using the Amazon method after some umming an ahhing.

Can't argue with the game plus the season pass for less than $30. Another one to add to the backlog... I'll tackle it after I'm done with the Witcher 3.

GHG

It's not dead. If you use the Amazon gift card method you get your keys instantly. I've just redeemed mine on steam.

I also checked out without creating an account if that helps.

dEvAnGeL

NoRéN;196341668 said:
How do you know?

No it's not, I just ordered it with a credit card and got both my codes. This is pretty common with gamestop orders not coming thru right away.
The page didn't load for me on multiple attempts, it said error so I thought it was taken down, please don't shoot me :(, i still can't buy the season pass, I already have the game, it keeps giving me errors

beeswax

I'm in the UK, just got the season pass (and the main game for a friend's birthday) using a $30 GameStop gift card from Amazon - thanks for the heads up and the gift card tip! Codes issued on-site directly after checkout.

No it's not, I just ordered it with a credit card and got both my codes. This is pretty common with gamestop orders not coming thru right away.
So as long as I got the confirmation email I should get the steam codes eventually, right?

I didn't see any option to cancel the order, so I think I'll just have to wait either way.

Should have just gotten out of bed and used my damn credit card. :(

//DEVIL//

if i buy a key. and install it on my steam account ( not in USA ) it will not accept the code ?

this is new. i thought its universal thing just like xbox live

Edit: nevermind i tried to use paypal but it didnt accept lol.

Edit 2 : min is 25$ for gamespot gift card when there is nothing else i want for 7$ so thats a waste of money
Edit 3: gyft is not accepting paypal for me on GS gift cards

Hello,

Anybody willing to help an Euro Gaf member?
Could you buy a game key for me (no DLC), please ?
I'll send you the money through Paypal asap.

PM me if you are interested, thanks!

dEvAnGeL

if i buy a key. and install it on my steam account ( not in USA ) it will not accept the code ?

this is new. i thought its universal thing just like xbox live

Edit: nevermind i tried to use paypal but it didnt accept lol.

Edit 2 : min is 25$ for gamespot gift card when there is nothing else i want for 7$ so thats a waste of money
Edit 3: gyft is not accepting paypal for me on GS gift cards
pm sent

Caffeine

think its my bank blocking order now lol first order went through but funds didnt get removed using paypal now if i try season pass it wont let me order paypal/debit

also still havent gotten base game code yet I guess

ive had this in the past too something with my bank freezing purchases between 12am and 5am I guess they see it as a abnormal time to buy something lol

Top Bottom