• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PC] Rise of the Tomb Raider - 17.99$@ Gamestop.com (Steam key, US only]

Caffeine

i guess it was a fuck up

xldD1ZB.png

kaskade

Looks like a pricing error. Price is back up to normal now.

Shows 59.99 when you click the front page link but when you go into the product page it still shows 17.99.

edit: never mind, if the cart shows 59 it's dead. RIP deal. I'll probably be canceled.

akileese

Shows 59.99 when you click the front page link but when you go into the product page it still shows 17.99.

Holy mother of god gamestop is the absolute fucking worst and I saw that having about 9 friends who work for corporate, some of whom are network engineers for them.

kaioshade

honestly, fuck gamestop. Amazon will change the price back, but will honor orders. Poor form. Then again, i expect nothing less from this shit company.

rothgar

Worst fucking company ever. I clicked on the buy it button on the product page at $17.99 and by the time I got to the last order page, the price changed to $59.99. I hesitated buying it cause they've screwed me in the past, but it was too good to pass up.

Caffeine

I think its because they have a square enix sale going on. and they accidentally added that game.

ye all other tomb raider games are 70% off as well on pc.

I sent the gamestop link to a buddy of mine and he jumped on it. Says he got a STEAM code for logging into the gamestop website, so maybe all you folks using guest log in just need to wait and it'll come.

akileese

I think the fucked up thing is that only a handful of people got their orders put on hold while a ton of people got them pushed through. If you're going to put them all on hold, fine, but to arbitrarily decide to hold orders is mind blowing.

zenpuff

Neo Member
Man, I hope this game does alright when all is said and done. Despite what I thought of the story, the gameplay was so much fun that it probably would have been my GOTY for 2015 had it come out for PC then.

Edit: Oh, I see the price was an error. Still, my hope for this game stands.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Shut the fuck up to anyone complaining that the price changed during the checkout process. GS is allowed to fix a problem on their site. If you got in on the deal, great, if you didn't you really can't complain. Intelligence escapes too many, Wtf.

Alright, I'm just afraid my separate orders are gonna get cancelled. If anyone has a spare season pass key and is willing to sell (I got the base game already from the nVidia promo), I'd really appreciate it.

eksy

Banned
Shut the fuck up to anyone complaining that the price changed during the checkout process. GS is allowed to fix a problem on their site. If you got in on the deal, great, if you didn't you really can't complain. Intelligence escapes too many, Wtf.

Agree. Can't believe the entitlement that exists in some people. A completely disgusting look.

It was a price mistake. They fixed it. They don't owe you shit.

73V3N

Banned
Worst fucking company ever. I clicked on the buy it button on the product page at $17.99 and by the time I got to the last order page, the price changed to $59.99. I hesitated buying it cause they've screwed me in the past, but it was too good to pass up.

not their fault you hesitated tbh

god damnitt, as soon as I was checking out for the season pass it went back to regular price. fuckkkkkk. Anyone get an extra season pass? I can paypal

honestly, fuck gamestop. Amazon will change the price back, but will honor orders. Poor form. Then again, i expect nothing less from this shit company.

Im sorry but what? These are the two most silly comments I have read all day. You knowingly went into it as a mistake and are upset because it wasnt honored? Also Amazon is no different here they will cancel orders.

kaioshade

Im sorry but what? These are the two most silly comments I have read all day. You knowingly went into it as a mistake and are upset because it wasnt honored? Also Amazon is no different here they will cancel orders.

Never had amazon cancel a price mistake order.

People hunt for deals, whether it is sales, pricing errors, whatever. having your order cancelled is shit. I'll move on, it isnt going to ruin my day, but its still shit on their end.

The End

Used regular checkout+paypal, got both keys (about 40 min ago) for $29

Ready to raid some tombs... once I clear out 30 gigs or so on my main HD

akileese

It's not knowingly a mistake tbh. It's listed as a major deal on their front page so you have no reason at all to think it's a pricing error. Also huge pricing errors typically don't last 12 hours. Now complaining about the price changing, yeah you got me there. If they cancel mine then oh well. Nothing I can do about it.

grendelrt

It's not knowingly a mistake tbh. It's listed as a major deal on their front page so you have no reason at all to think it's a pricing error. Also huge pricing errors typically don't last 12 hours.

They may have also just ran out of keys, happens all the time, even on steam.

Wanderer5

It's not knowingly a mistake tbh. It's listed as a major deal on their front page so you have no reason at all to think it's a pricing error. Also huge pricing errors typically don't last 12 hours.

Eh the 70% off would still be odd looking at this time, through it been 12 hours lol? That amazing.

rothgar

It wasn't a guaranteed price mistake when you add the extra effort of advertising for $17.99 in their front page instead of a simple database listing error.

Ordered while signed in about an hour and 20 minutes ago. Still nothing in my email and order page. Probably gonna get cancelled :(

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It wasn't a guaranteed price mistake when you add the extra effort of advertising for $17.99 in their front page instead of a simple database listing error.

If they advertised that price on the front page, then you should be calling their customer service. That's bullshit, and you should be granted a key at the advertised price.

//DEVIL//

Man I am so happy I got it for 19$ plus tax lol
This is one of the few cases where someone pay money and he is happy he spent it lol.

Finished downloading on steam too lol

Top Bottom