• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: There Will Be A Move/Camera PSVR Bundle

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Only confirmed for NA right now

"There will be a bundle in the SCEA region [North America] with Move and a Camera," a rep sitting in on the interview told Tech Insider (after much cajoling from Yoshida himself). Sadly, the rep wasn't able to give a price for the PlayStation VR bundle that includes the (required) PlayStation Camera and (not required, but important) PlayStation Move controller.

http://www.techinsider.io/there-will-be-a-playstation-vr-bundle-with-a-playstation-camera-2016-3

EvB

Surely there is going to be a new design Move controller due out too?
One with a Share button and a design that matches PS4.
At the very least they will be manufacturing more of them, so why not update it

GeoramA

And there it is.

I already have a Move controller, I just need a camera. Just gonna wait when a good deal comes along.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They've actually said there's no redesign planned a couple times. Wouldn't be surprised if there was one down the line but it probably won't be coming for a while.

eksy

Banned
damn, expect to drop $500 in total, just for the hardware.

this better be some damn revolutionary stuff. the trailer showcasing the games don't look all that amazing.

i'll wait until they have fully realized 3d worlds and towns to explore.

Hasney

What's to update really? The current moves don't have start and select and it's unconfirmed if navigation controllers even work.

damn, expect to drop $500 in total, just for the hardware.

this better be some damn revolutionary stuff. the trailer showcasing the games don't look all that amazing.

i'll wait until they have fully realized 3d worlds and towns to explore.

You cannot judge VR by looking at trailers.....you need to try it it is a different experience.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah

I'm actually glad I can get the headset standalone but not making it clear that the bundle would be available was a dumb move.

No it wasn't.

They wanted to focus their message on a headline price, and then the news about bundles etc would come out in the press over the following days.

Will probably be around $449-59

The camera is only like 40 dollars now and the move controllers are only like 25 bucks each. I'm sure they'll give a bit of a discount.

Hasney

No it wasn't.

They wanted to focus their message on a headline price, and then the news about bundles etc would come out in the press over the following days.

Yeah, if any mainstream press picks this up, they'll just be talking about $399.99 rather than any other price. They won't dig any deeper as per usual.

Dabanton

Probably just want to keep it a quiet thing so people aren't saying "PSVR is $500"

People will say that anyway. They should have announced it a the show as a headset only version and a everything in the box version. It just looks shady holding back sharing this info with prospective buyers who aren't all going to be people clued in.

Isn't consumer choice what Sony was hitting MS over the head with.

Elandyll

Banned
Choice is good, glad they offer both options.

Announcing the standalone first was smart, avoids the unnecessary sticker shock when you can buy the camera separately for cheap months before investing in PSVR if you're tight ($44 and probably less on ebay).

They should offer a straight up $800 bundle that gets you a PS4 + PSVR + camera + 2 Move controllers.

I could see that. An "all included' bundle, the rest being " a la carte".

Hopefully Move will be put back in circulation, so you can get them by themselves without hawking listings for stuff that doesn't look like it was submerged in Jersey for the last 3 years.

BahamutPT

This was obvious. Let the presentation focus on the base product. Announce accessory bundles after.
PS4 price/date reveal was the same: 2-controller/camera/game bundles announced later post-conference.

MUnited83

For you.
Uh...no thanks. I already own a camera and two move controllers. Why would I want another camera?
? Did you read this thread at all? A 399$ headset exists, this is about a Bundle with the camera +moves. That poster isn't saying that this Bundle should be the only one available, just that it should be procedimento at 450

klaushm

What's to update really? The current moves don't have start and select and it's unconfirmed if navigation controllers even work.

Move controllers have start and select buttons. They work as share and options. That's what people told me at PSVR GDC thead.

I've got at least one Move along with the PS4 camera. Hopefully the Move doesn't get any kind of significant changes or I'll feel compelled to grab another one.

Top Bottom