• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: There Will Be A Move/Camera PSVR Bundle

The base version should come with the camera already. It's gonna make a lot of casual early adapters angry when they find out they have to buy another accessory before they can enjoy VR.

The casual early adopter who is going to go into a store ignore the different bundles available, not ask any staff for help and buy the version based on the price they saw from a press event 8 months before release.

Fisty

I wonder if they could redesign the move controller. Just need an analog stick on it for it to be perfect

I always see people say this but I never understood why.

You'd only need one analog stick for VR, which the Nav controller has. Your head is the second analog stick

kyser73

No bundles for other territories? Seems shady to me.

Did you read the quote? Shu had to push the the other Sony guy to even admit there would be a bundle at all.

The PR people want a clear message of cost.

The HMD costs $399. That's the headline figure they want reported on. That gives a clear message and number for people to remember.

What they don't want to do is complicate that message with:

HMD set + camera
HMD set + camera + Move
HMD set + camera + Move + games

Aside from message clarity, they might not have finished negotiating with retail partners on bundle costs, and so can't announce prices yet as they aren't confirmed.

Barakov

Imagine the bundle

$499

With Battlefront VR included

star-wars-rogue-one-ps4-vr-helmet-bundle-is-fake-but-not-that-far-off_1.jpg

(Yes I know it's rogue squadron and it's super fake)

Oh man.... how awesome would that be though?

Because there is this thing call integrity that I like to keep, plus I would not label all of Gaf users by the same brush...
Anyways, those are stupid labels... this is not nearly as simple as what they imply.

So, implying SonyGaf but not specifically using the term SonyGaf means you keep your integrity?

kyser73

But this is a completely separate technology/peripheral years later and requires the part to function. It is not consumers fault Sony decided to make use of a existing pe
ripheral and I can see this going down like a lead balloon. It is a sneaky way to have a lower headline price.

I guess what will happen is that they will do a bundle with the camera and moves thus increasing the real cost to ~£450.

Didn't even read the thread title.

The base version should come with the camera already. It's gonna make a lot of casual early adapters angry when they find out they have to buy another accessory before they can enjoy VR.

Tell us more about this exciting new group.

Pretty much by definition an early adopter isn't casual.

Did you read the quote? Shu had to push the the other Sony guy to even admit there would be a bundle at all.

The PR people want a clear message of cost.

The HMD costs $399. That's the headline figure they want reported on. That gives a clear message and number for people to remember.

What they don't want to do is complicate that message with:

HMD set + camera
HMD set + camera + Move
HMD set + camera + Move + games

Aside from message clarity, they might not have finished negotiating with retail partners on bundle costs, and so can't announce prices yet as they aren't confirmed.
Sarcasm dude , I was acting like the peeps in the price thread.

Top Bottom