• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes April 12th

Sterok

Trade in deal helped soften the blow for XB1. Not sure why people keep underestimating them. Nice to hear Zelda and (probably) Pokken did nice. Always had good hopes for those two.

sense

bomb fighter v

expecting a 180 on that "no super edition" with DLC included
I don't think they said no "super edition" just that you won't have to buy one if you have the original disc as you can earn any new dlc fighters in game and updates will be free.

maxcriden

What I really want to know is how much Nintendo Selects sold.

Ah, I didn't even think of that. I'm eager to see how those Selects did as well.

Amiibo bundle was a smart idea and TP is the most famous Zelda alongside OOT. Anyway a very good result.

Yeah, that was a very wise move. I wonder which upcoming Wii U games won't have an amiibo packed in. Surely Zelda U will.

I wonder if we'll see one for Kirby as well. Though, I believe the only one so far for 3DS was Chibi-Robo and with so few 3DS owners having amiibo capability (I imagine), perhaps it's better they wait till the next HH to pack in amiibo figures in a more widespread fashion.

sense

Mlb is not a game people will rush out to buy day 1 and it came out on March 31 so I expect it to chart next month as well
Edit: looks like it came out on the 29th

I'm curious to compare Dead Rising 3 first months sales vs Street Fighter 5 first month sales. Capcom exclusives to each console and certainly a disparity in install bases at the time of release. Very curious to see the #'s though.

bomb fighter v

expecting a 180 on that "no super edition" with DLC included

more like make it F2P KI style

Capcom released a half finished product for full price. They deserve this

They should have just released it in the Summer, maybe right after Evo to ride the hype. But nooo, they had to get it out to make it out for this year's E-Sports season...

It's not like they would have had any competition.

So, Pokken > SFV?

can't imagine it was too hard.

allan-bh

I'm curious to compare Dead Rising 3 first months sales vs Street Fighter 5 first month sales. Capcom exclusives to each console and certainly a disparity in install bases at the time of release. Very curious to see the #'s though.

In NPD?

SF V sold ~207k, Dead Rising 3 ~212k.

You joke, but I've been seeing lots of posts about people deciding/asking if they should hold out for whatever the PS4K is.

Nah, don't think ps4k speculation had any significant impact. Xbox One price cut swaying some customers is the much more obvious and likely reason.
And it wouldn't bother Sony too much anyway if it did. PS4 still outsold it's main competitor which just received a price cut with free game after all.

Loudninja

Nah, don't think ps4k speculation had any significant impact. Xbox One price cut swaying some customers is the much more obvious and likely reason.
And it wouldn't bother Sony too much anyway if it did. PS4 still outsold it's main competitor which just received a price cut with free game after all.
Oh I forgot it had a price cut,so how is this good?

CgCV3RlXIAA_R3X.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/720740718193586176

Elios83

Oh I forgot it had a price cut,so how is this good?

LOL for some people it seems like Xbox has become so irrelevant that for PS4 winning the month is not enough anymore.
While for Xbox losing during a price cut + big promotion at biggest retailer+ biggest software release of the month associated to Xbox with exclusive marketing/bundle is really good :p
It only speaks about the fact that this gen is pretty much done and these threads have become a bit boring.

Top Bottom