• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 Story and Lore Discussion [Unmarked Spoilers]

GorillaJu

Figured it was about time we can start talking about the story and lore in DS3 and how it relates to the past games.

I'm afraid to say I originally had much more written but my laptop had a rare crash and I lost several paragraphs of musings and theories on the story. I'll try my best to rewrite what I had before, but it's really just to get the discussion started more so than because I know what I'm talking about (I rarely do).

It seems to me that one of the main themes of Dark Souls 3 is convergence of worlds. Lothric doesn't seem like a new kingdom that rose in the same place as the last kingdoms that cycled in and out (Drangleic, Lordran), it seems more like a hub that links all of those worlds together. I feel this is best evidenced at the end of the game when you approach the kiln of the first flame, the Firelink Shrine that you appear in, viewed from the outside, is an absolute cluster fuck of sideways keeps, castle towers and geography, like worlds from the past are colliding in a big multi-dimensional Dark Souls katamari.

Keeping that in mind, characters and locations from different worlds, and likely timelines, find themselves interacting with each other in a blurry time-space chaos.

I'll just put in some of the few things I've noticed:

1. Gwyn has a fourth child, Yorshka, who is a half-breed like Priscilla, as evidenced by her tail. She was probably half-god, half-dragon like Priscilla, and was exiled to the tower in Anor Londo, not unlike Priscilla being exiled to the Painted World. Her being sealed away in a tower may also explain her not being mentioned in DS1 as one of Gwyn's children, similarly to how it is said kings would have illegitimate children who were never recognized or named. Her having her own church is further evidence of her (at least partial) deific status. She mentions her father as Gwyn, her sister Gwynevere, and the other unnamed brother who she hints as still being alive (well, as alive as any hollow can be), which brings me to point 2:

2. The Nameless King is without a doubt Lord Gwyn's unnamed firstborn, who was stripped of his status as a deity and chose to fight alongside the dragons – Gwyn's mortal enemies. First of all, the resemblance is uncanny - look at the crown in particular.

OYfm6vq.jpg

But of course there are relevant item descriptions from DS1:
Ring of the Sun's Firstborn
Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who inherited the
sunlight, once wore this ancient ring.
Boosts the strength of miracles.
Lord Gwyn's firstborn was a god of war,
but his foolishness led to a loss of the
annals, and rescinding of his deific status.
Today, even his name is not known.

Sunlight Blade
Miracle wielded by Lord Gwyn's firstborn.
Boost right weapon with rays of Sun.
The power of sunlight, manifested as
lightning, is very effective against dragons.
When the eldest son was stripped of his
deific status, he left this on his father's
coffin, perhaps as a final farewell.

So Lord Gwyn's firstborn was a wargod who used lightning.

From DS3:
Soul of the Nameless King
The Nameless King was once a dragon-slaying god of war, before he sacrificed everything to ally himself with the ancient dragons.

So that's an interesting link to lore in DS1. I don't want to make this opening post like its own wikipedia, but that's my first contribution.

UPDATE: Reddit post containing long index of well-researched observations and discoveries, as recommended by Noray:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3JPN/comments/4e9j66/lets_talk_lore_compendium/

A question for all to start off the discussion: what do you think the implications are of there still being embers if you choose to end the fire by giving the fire keeper a pair of eyes and having her assist you in snuffing out the first flame? It would seem to me almost that the entire premise of linking the fire is perpetuating a terrible cycle in which the world inevitably goes to shit, saved by an undead who managed to gather enough souls to become strong enough to link the fire and become a lord.

It almost seems like a communal ending, vs. the status quo ending or the "become a god" endings (either a god of fire or a dark lord) - the fire keeper says that fires will one day dance upon the darkness, like embers linked from lords past. Like the fire, and one assumes life along with it, will naturally return. It leads credence to Kaathe's claims that Gwyn linked the fires to suppress humanity because he was afraid of a human dark lord being born. Perhaps linking the flame robbed the world of the potential for life to flourish because its essence was being concentrated in the first flame and the lords who linked it? I tend to think that ending the flame is the "good ending" because a shit-ass world of shit like Lothric and it's other manifestations would do well to get a complete rebirth.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of mixed opinions about the story of DS3 and the amount of references to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls in the game. I personally think that Boletaria simply has to be a part of the Dark Souls universe, not least because the Maiden in Black has nearly identical dialog to the Fire Keeper in DS3. Perhaps Miyazaki internally reneged on the rejection of that idea?

Let's hear your thoughts, opinions and discoveries.

Auctopus

Just to carry on the discussion about Gwenyvere from the previous thread.

Divine Blessing description...

Warm, blessed holy water.

Fully restores HP and cures ailments.

The Queen of Lothric, married to the former King Oceiros, was initially revered as a goddess of fertility and bounty. After giving birth to Ocelotte, her youngest, she quietly disappeared.

I remember back in the DS1 lore days. I thought that Priscilla was the product of Seath and Gwenyvere (possibly rape), I never followed it through. But it's interesting now that Gwenyvere possibly gave birth to a different Dragon/Human due to having sex with Ocerios, a character who became obsessed with the teachings of Seath and essentially becoming a Dragon himself.

Edit: Also worth noting that Yorshka calls Gwyn her Dad and Gwenny her sister. Additionally, her brother (Gwyndolin, presumably) "gave her her name".

ogbg

I'd like to hear some theories/knowledge about Pontiff Sullyvan. He took over Anor Londo, he was fiddling about in the Profaned Capital, his soldiers guard the path to the two Princes. What was he up to?

GorillaJu

Just to carry on the discussion about Gwenyvere from the previous thread.

Divine Blessing description...

Ah, that's awesome. So Oceiros was originally human, and Ocelotte is a prince/princess of Lothric. Ocelotte never appears in the game as far as I can tell. Must be DLC stuff!

Auctopus

Ah, that's awesome. So Oceiros was originally human, and Ocelotte is a prince/princess of Lothric. Ocelotte never appears in the game as far as I can tell. Must be DLC stuff!

He's da king of Lothric.

Oceiros, the Consumed King is a boss enemy in Dark Souls 3 and former King of Lothric, who was driven mad. He is found in the woods below Lothric castle, guarding a shrine. It can be assumed that he is blind (like Seath), as his eyesockets are empty, and he makes references to this throughout the fight. He is a very vocal boss, and talks of an invsible or imaginary baby which he cradles in his arm for the first half of the fight.

GorillaJu

He's da king of Lothric.

Yeah that bit definitely follows if he's married to the queen of Lothric. When I first encountered him I assumed he was some ancient king not necessarily related to the royal family of Lothric, but it's clear that he (was) in fact the one and only king.

I'd like to hear some theories/knowledge about Pontiff Sullyvan. He took over Anor Londo, he was fiddling about in the Profaned Capital, his soldiers guard the path to the two Princes. What was he up to?

Interestingly, "Pontiff" can have multiple implications with its meaning, but the original Japanese version is clear: 法王サリヴァーン "Pope Sullivan". Dunno what he was up to but he wouldn't be the "pope" if he wasn't the highest rank in the church. Obviously there's no roman catholic church in Lothric, but you have to imagine that Sullivan was very much a part of the king's entourage and protectorate, much like cardinals and bishops were in the middle ages.

So on Gwynvere topic, obviously we have divine blessing confirming gwynvere= GoL.
However the Rosaria connection is debatable, suggestive evidence so far
- She disappears after giving birth to an invisible dragon child
- Near the bird cage thingy in the grand archives , we see one of those slimey gooey things connected to gwynvere and thats right next to a divine blessing
- The obvious strong connection to gwynveres room
- Soul give gwynveres miracles

ogbg

Interestingly, "Pontiff" can have multiple implications with its meaning, but the original Japanese version is clear: 法王サリヴァーン "Pope Sullivan". Dunno what he was up to but he wouldn't be the "pope" if he wasn't the highest rank in the church. Obviously there's no roman catholic church in Lothric, but you have to imagine that Sullivan was very much a part of the king's entourage and protectorate, much like cardinals and bishops were in the middle ages.

Yeah, makes sense. So Lothric seems to have been taken over by the church in some sort of coup.

Auctopus

So on Gwynvere topic, obviously we have divine blessing confirming gwynvere= GoL.
- Near the bird cage thingy in the grand archives , we see one of those slimey gooey things connected to gwynvere and thats right next to a divine blessing

That was a really intriguing moment. Who was the angel? How is the miracle slug related to G?

GorillaJu

I'm pretty sure the gooey things associated with Rosaria are deceased creatures she gave rebirth to. I'm sure you know but when you progress Rosaria/Leonhard's quest, Hazel, who invades you and is also available for summon, appears as a gooey thing that couldn't be more clearly begging for death.

Does anyone else think that Sirris is the vanished knight of Darkmoon who Yorshka mentions?

vladdamad

Lothric being a convergence point for the universe makes sense thematically, but I think you can still recognise the geography from Lordran here fairly well, to the point where it could just be the same place hundreds of years later. If you stand facing the Anor Londo cathedral, the Grand Archives are to the south west, just like in the first game - of course, they are much higher up in this one, but this could be explained by the fact that Anor Londo is now a valley (could have been eroded over time). This would also explain its proximity to the Demon Ruins.

Auctopus

Lothric being a convergence point for the universe makes sense thematically, but I think you can still recognise the geography from Lordran here fairly well, to the point where it could just be the same place hundreds of years later. If you stand facing the Anor Londo cathedral, the Grand Archives are to the south west, just like in the first game - of course, they are much higher up in this one, but this could be explained by the fact that Anor Londo is now a valley (could have been eroded over time). This would also explain its proximity to the Demon Ruins.

Don't even bother, people ached over this for Dark Souls 2. As soon as you start talking about erosion/tectonic plates or whatever, you're reaching.

Time and Space is DISPLACED in Dark Souls 3. It's like an Escher piece, everything has collided and appeared next to each other. Hence why you find the Painting Guardian Armor where you do or why a Black Knight randomly appears in the Road of Sacrifices.

LW399-MC-Escher-Convex-and-Concave-19551.jpg

GorillaJu

Interesting indeed. I'm not completely sold but I'm also not 100% sure on my theory either.

Nere

Too bad we didn't saw any of the primordial serpents, would be nice to continue their story. They were really interesting in DS1.

I'd like to point out that the "invisible" baby that Oceiros is talking about (and that we can hear crying during the fight) is called Ocellotte...

Like OCEiros + ShanaLLOTTE = Ocellotte.

Let's not forget that Shanalotte was born from Dragons too.

What's the deal with Untended Graves? Is it Cemetary of Ash in a different time? Interestingly enough, looking up at the entrance to Untended Graves from the equivalent place in CoA can show player messages that can be read before entering the former.

I feel like DLC needs to have one of the Primordial Serpents in it. They're too much into the plot of this game to just leave out. There's even statues of Kaathe/Peter Frampton on the bridge where you fight Dragonslayer in Lothric Castle.

I do also want to know what's going on with Gwynevere. She's been a bit of a mystery since DS1, and now it seems like she had a hand in a good deal of DS3's plot. I mean I guess the Fire Keeper could just as well be the Queen of Lothric based on some items descriptions saying that the Queen felt for what was happening in Untended Graves and it would tie things up, but Gwynevere's story seems way more interesting. I kinda just want a DLC where you go into the past during Gwyn's golden age and actually talk to some of these pricks like him and his children and figure out who these people actually are. Why is it ok in Gwyn's mind for Gwynevere to possibly sleep with a bunch of dragons and produce horrible dragon children that get locked up and are weirdly invisible, but the Firstborn is banished forever for have a dragon BFF? Stop being a horrible dad, Gwyn!

Haven't beat the game yet, but can someone please confirm my mad belief: The fortress where you meet Seigward is Sen's Fortress.

Although Ive only completed the link the fire ending, and I assume that's cannon. It seems a little abrupt. Unless im missing something, is the end of the trilogy just to continue the cycle?

What's the deal with Untended Graves? Is it Cemetary of Ash in a different time? Interestingly enough, looking up at the entrance to Untended Graves from the equivalent place in CoA can show player messages that can be read before entering the former.

my thoughts so far
  • The theory is not that untended graves is the past, its that everything outside of the hub firelink is the past, gundyrs heavily suggests/confirm this.
  • Stuff like killing sword master at the start of the game, but he will still be alive to summon is another clue.
  • Dark souls 2 firekeeper lady lookalike, also mentions how the bell hasnt rung yet
  • When you travel to lothric initially, if you look behind theres a kiln and coiled sword already there, theres probably meaning yet to be discovered to this, but it was this moment i started realizing the game could be in reverse
  • Anri dead right at the start of the game aswell? Could just be another corpse wearing the astora armor

I feel like DLC needs to have one of the Primordial Serpents in it. They're too much into the plot of this game to just leave out. There's even statues of Kaathe/Peter Frampton on the bridge where you fight Dragonslayer in Lothric Castle.

I do also want to know what's going on with Gwynevere. She's been a bit of a mystery since DS1, and now it seems like she had a hand in a good deal of DS3's plot. I mean I guess the Fire Keeper could just as well be the Queen of Lothric

A starting point to argue this would probably be
- She spent alot of time tending to the graves
- FIrekeeper returns from the abyss, gwynvere in the past disappears
- Primordial serpent statues in lothric

my thoughts so far

IIRC Greirat mentions the bell that awakens unkindled having already rung when you first talk to him. Would that perhaps place hub firelink and the rest of Lothric in the same time period? Since the bell hasn't rung for a long while in the Untended Graves time period. Idk

Shit's crazy.

Zocano

Grabbing my post from the old thread because whyyyyyyy:

Also yah you don't hollow? Are you just an ash person? If so why? Why can't everyone be ash people. No hollowing is good. You need to be *forced* to hollow by Yoel. The pilgrims can make you hollow but other people should be able to hollow normally? Why are some people ash people and not others?

Why is Kaathe mentioned at all? Fuckin dark serpents what are they.

Do all the lords of cinder have a secret pact to turn out the fire?

Why is Lothric cursed? Why do the pilgrim butterflies protect him? Why is he the only Lord of Cinder they protect?

Why are the fire keepers different now? Why is there just one forever resurrecting fire keeper? Why does she have to be blind? Why does her crown have a dark sigil on it?

Why is "your" firelink shrine fake and yet everyone shows up there?

What is the real firelink shrine then if your fake one is fake?

Is the real firelink shrine the fake? It's encased in forever darkness so is it from an unkindled that chose dark lord mode?

Why is Oceiros literally never acknowledged outside of his boss fight. He seems to be completely irrelevant outside of his items in his little room. He worships dragons and made himself a dragon? Or was he always half a dragon? Did he fuck Oedon and make a formless baby? Why is Ocelotte only a voice? Why is Ocelotte even a thing if they don't lead her/him into anything? Why does Ocelotte sound like Shanalotte and why are they probably related?

If the default ending is linking the fire more why does the Soul of Cinder still try to stop you? Doesn't it want you to fuel it more?

What is up with the darksign sun and why is it leaking in the kiln? Is it just more berserk reference for the sake of berserk reference?

Why do embers exist now and why are they related to humanity? What happened to humanity? Is it still just there and never mentioned?

Why does Yuria want you to stick a sword through a dead person's face? Why does that give you their dark sigil? Why do dark sigils exist? Doesn't the darksign resemble the curse and therefore hollowing? You start the game with a darksign so why don't you hollow? Why do you have to be given something to begin hollowing if you already have the dark sign?

What is with the crazy dark virus goop? Why does it only happen to 8 enemies and only those 8? Why is there two Gundyr's and why is one whole and the other infected? Why does Oceiros have a bunch of black goo men in his garden?

Why does Pontiff Sulyvhan love Bloodborne? Why does he make all his soldiers werewolves? Why does he protect a man made out of black goop? Why is Pope Sulyvhan following a saint made out of black goop? Why does the man made out of black goop look like Gwyndolin? Did a dead Gwyndolin body get eaten by black goop? Wouldn't it have rotten? He wants to eat gods but Gwyndolin would have been long dead.

Why is there another half dragon lady? Did Priscilla get out of the painting? How did she get out of the painting? If she could have left like you did, why didn't she earlier? Why do the priests keep the same doll around that let you enter the painting? Why is Irythill protected by the doll?

Why are dark wraiths still around? Why are these random dark wraiths just sitting around in a swamp? What are they after? Do they just want to kill the Abyss Watchers?

What was the black goo?

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Raist

Banned
my thoughts so far

Regarding the last point, I thought it was just a nod to Oscar. He's sitting in the exact same position, and you get a flask from him.

I think for many things it's a bit hard to know if it's relevant to the plot, or just some "fan service" relating to other games.
You could argue that the Irythill dungeons for instance look a lot like Demon's Souls 3-1, but I doubt there's really any actual connection.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The biggest link is Yuria, she's one of three "maidens of a Primordial Serpent" and they "were renowned as founders of the Sable Church, which offered salvation to Hollows"

Auctopus

Grabbing my post from the old thread because whyyyyyyy:

Aldrich devours Gwyndolin hence why she/he uses his bow and looks like him. Gwyndolin being killed by the player isn't canon I'm pretty sure so I guess he just lives on. Insert time's distorted etc.

I'll admit that the King of Lothric not being mentioned outside of his boss room and that his boss room is protecting the Untended Graves is certainly weird. I'm worried this might be laziness on FROM's part.

Just tested the signs and they work both ways, but since the natures of world communication is unclear, we cant infer anything from this, but it is a great touch

If they work both way, I'd guess that the messages thing isn't lore related and that the game is just reusing the area.

Just tested the signs and they work both ways, but since the natures of world communication is unclear, we cant infer anything from this, but it is a great touch

I wouldnt be surprised if using seek guidance there, revealed develop messages, we find rosaria near seek guidance and gwynvere looked after the graves

Raist

Banned
is demon's souls connected to the dark souls universe?

I don't think it is any more than having a couple of references to it (the firekeeper looking a lot like the maiden in black, the name Yuria, or another NPC looking like her, etc). There's even a couple of nods to Bloodborne in DS3.

Who the fuck is Yorshka?

NPC in Anor Londo who gives you the Darkmoon knights covenant item.

Auctopus

Aldrich ate Priscilla too hence he has Lifehunt Scythe.

Who the fuck is Yorshka?

- A daughter of Gwyn we never knew about supposedly.
- She says Gwyn is her Father and Gwenyvere is her Sister.
- Leader of Darkmoons. I.e. Gwyndolin's covenant from DS1.

I don't think it is any more than having a couple of references to it (the firekeeper looking a lot like the maiden in black, the name Yuria, or another NPC looking like her, etc). There's even a couple of nods to Bloodborne in DS3.

Yeah, think we should nip that in the bud right now. BB/Des references are clearly just references and they remain solo IPs. I've already seen BB fanboys trying to connect the two.

Milijango

Yorshka asking if we can fly is kind of cute. If you say yes she says "thou art wondrous strange, yet strangely familiar." What's that supposed to mean?

convo

The thing i am most glad we are over with:
People calling places that are not Anor Londo, Anor londo just because they think it looks like that. Now we have the goddamn place here for you to see, every other place never was near Anor Londo.
We are in the same place for once and you could call that novel,
what's that place behind the kiln of the first flame that's all warped and shit?
So demon ruins spilled over to Ash Lake? Things got more fucked up so it's no wonder the interconnected world of DS1 is no more in this game, it literally got destroyed over time.

hamchan

Yorshka is a cutie. Also if she really is Gwyn's daughter does that mean Gwyn did it with a dragon?

The Untented Graves section really messed with my mind. Did I step through a vortex into the past? The future? Another dimension? Or was I always in this place from the start and what I was seeing was an illusion?

Loved so much of this game and I loved all the callbacks. Loved seeing Anor London survive through many many cycles of all these lords of cinder reigniting the flame.

In the end I decided to go with the age of dark ending. I see no point in prolonging the inevitable. The age of fire will come again eventually anyways. Souls just seems to be about the inevitable cycle of light and dark that never ends.

I don't think it is any more than having a couple of references to it (the firekeeper looking a lot like the maiden in black, the name Yuria, or another NPC looking like her, etc). There's even a couple of nods to Bloodborne in DS3..
by nods you mean easter eggs? i guess that means as far as story and lore goes, demon's souls isn't really canon to dark souls games is it?

mellow

Sulyvahn seems to be a rather important figure in the game. If you progress the Darkmoon covenant, IIRC, Yorshka tells how 'the tyrant Sulyvahn' imprisoned her in that tower and that after Gwyndolin was taken ill (possibly after we defeated him in DS1? not sure how canon it is since it's an optional, hidden fight and the game seems to hint that he was still alive for a while after that timeline with the whole Yorshka stuff) Sulvyvahn 'wrongfully proclaimed himself pontiff' and basically seized power in Anor Londo.

I'm also not sure if Yorshka is a child of Gwyn, that's definitely possible with how she references Gwyn as her father and Gwynevere and Gwyndolin as her siblings, but I feel like it could also just be that the race of 'gods' see themselves as related. She also only really mentions Gwyndolin with any real familiarity and we know from her chime that Gwyndolin was the one who named her, it seems like Anor Londo and the Painted World fused somehow after DS1 to create the Boreal Valley. Maybe she came from the painted world and Gwyndolin just adopted her into the family.

Sulyvahn's also connected to Aldritch somehow, since he was planning to feed Yorshka to him presumably, and Aldritch's covenant and followers are located immediately after fighting Sulyvahn. Not sure on the nature of their relation beyond that.

Auctopus

1. Yorshka tells how 'the tyrant Sulyvahn' imprisoned her in that tower and that after Gwyndolin was taken ill (possibly after we defeated him in DS1? not sure how canon it is since it's an optional, hidden fight and the game seems to hint that he was still alive for a while after that timeline with the whole Yorshka stuff)

2. it seems like Anor Londo and the Painted World fused somehow after DS1 to create the Boreal Valley.

1. Gwyndolin fell ill because Aldrich was slowly devouring him.
2. I'm gonna say this isn't the case. Ihryhll seems like its own place.

ogbg

Sulyvahn seems to be a rather important figure in the game. If you progress the Darkmoon covenant, IIRC, Yorshka tells how 'the tyrant Sulyvahn' imprisoned her in that tower and that after Gwyndolin was taken ill (possibly after we defeated him in DS1? not sure how canon it is since it's an optional, hidden fight and the game seems to hint that he was still alive for a while after that timeline with the whole Yorshka stuff) Sulvyvahn 'wrongfully proclaimed himself pontiff' and basically seized power in Anor Londo.

I'm also not sure if Yorshka is a child of Gwyn, that's definitely possible with how she references Gwyn as her father and Gwynevere and Gwyndolin as her siblings, but I feel like it could also just be that the race of 'gods' see themselves as related. She also only really mentions Gwyndolin with any real familiarity and we know from her chime that Gwyndolin was the one who named her, it seems like Anor Londo and the Painted World fused somehow after DS1 to create the Boreal Valley. Maybe she came from the painted world and Gwyndolin just adopted her into the family.

Sulyvahn's also connected to Aldritch somehow, since he was planning to feed Yorshka to him presumably, and Aldritch's covenant and followers are located immediately after fighting Sulyvahn. Not sure on the nature of their relation beyond that.

Also the Dancer is one of his soldiers or something like that and seems to be guarding the Lothric Princes and the deacons (presumably from his church) are involved throughout the game.

mellow

1. Gwyndolin fell ill because Aldrich was slowly devouring him.
2. I'm gonna say this isn't the case. Ihryhll seems like its own place.

that's definitely the likeliest possibility, though considering Aldrich also has parts of Nito and Priscilla within him, I think it's also possible he just went around devouring the corpses of the gods we defeated in DS1.

Also the Dancer is one of his soldiers or something like that and seems to be guarding the Lothric Princes and the deacons (presumably from his church) are involved throughout the game.

yep, and the Dancer was a direct descendant of Gwyn's line based on her item descriptions, who was forced to at first become a dancer for Sulyvahn and then banished as a soldier.

I also recall reading some interesting tidbits online that theorized how Sulyvahn was the mentor to Prince Lothric mentioned in some item descriptions who was against the idea of linking the flame and left Lothric castle. I don't remember the details too much and there wasn't too much to support it tbf.

pantsmith

Yeah, think we should nip that in the bud right now. BB/Des references are clearly just references and they remain solo IPs. I've already seen BB fanboys trying to connect the two.

Given the fact that space/time is broken, and these games take place across enormous swaths of ruined history, its not beyond the realm of possibility they're all within the same universe just at wildly different times/places to the point that it doesnt matter. Its still fun to speculate.

Mendrox

that's definitely the likeliest possibility, though considering Aldrich also has parts of Nito and Priscilla within him, I think it's also possible he just went around devouring the corpses of the gods we defeated in DS1.

yep, and the Dancer was a direct descendant of Gwyn's line based on her item descriptions, who was forced to at first become a dancer for Sulyvahn and then banished as a soldier.

I also recall reading some interesting tidbits online that theorized how Sulyvahn was the mentor to Prince Lothric mentioned in some item descriptions who was against the idea of linking the flame and left Lothric castle. I don't remember the details too much and there wasn't too much to support it tbf.

I've read exactly that lore in the jpn DS3 reddit with item description.

Aldrich was a blob that someday started to consume the gods and well... stayed at Anor Londo.

Auctopus

Probably a good idea to get in the habit of sourcing lore to item descriptions/dialogue now or this thread will just turn in to a shitstorm of fanfiction.

Top Bottom