• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
『Inaba Resident』;208814416 said:

It's all good. You're right. They will put them out as premium because money. Except for Urien. I doubt that thong will ever happen.

Capcom probably know the demand for the classic SF3 costumes and think that holding off and charging fans for them later on down the line is a far better way of doing it.

Better for them. =P

Scotia

Banned
Before 3 but after 4. Ibuki had her classic look in 4. Did she throw it away? And why is she STILL in school? So on and so forth.

Real reason is Capcom really doesn't care THAT much. =P

Capcom probably know the demand for the classic SF3 costumes and think that holding off and charging fans for them later on down the line is a far better way of doing it.

Xeteh

Before 3 but after 4. Ibuki had her classic look in 4. Did she throw it away? And why is she STILL in school? So on and so forth.

Real reason is Capcom really doesn't care THAT much. =P

She's a moody teenager and she wants to look more badass and mature in 5 but by the time 3 rolls around she realizes she loves her old style.

I'm really hoping the DA_CharaEntry file for character and costume swapping will be re-added in a later patch, once maintainence is over. I know that it technically allows people to switch around costumes which they probably don't like, but it is literally the backbone of costume modding. If it's gone for good, I wouldn't expect many mods to keep happening as they would have to replace the main outfit.

I'm really hoping the DA_CharaEntry file for character and costume swapping will be re-added in a later patch, once maintainence is over. I know that it technically allows people to switch around costumes which they probably don't like, but it is literally the backbone of costume modding. If it's gone for good, I wouldn't expect many mods to keep happening as they would have to replace the main outfit.

Can u explain this to me in layperson's terms?

Does this patch break compatibility with existing costumes?

『Inaba Resident』;208814800 said:
Holy fuck, the beach has the best stage theme in the game. So. fucking. good.
Reminds or of old Capcom; Shimomura, et al.

LONG HAIR JURI
CmPCAIUWIAAbHOj.jpg

Gren

I would think so, but then again they gave away Guile's classic duds for free, sorta. I'm sure people would've paid for that.

Also, if they wanted to cash in on fans' nostalgia, then doing so while the characters are fresh & on everyone's minds would probably be the best time. They'd stand to make the most amount of sales then.

Can u explain this to me in layperson's terms?

Does this patch break compatibility with existing costumes?
In the chatacter folder there was a file called "DA_CharaEntry" which was basically responsible for telling the chatacter select screen where all the characters and costumes were. There must be a separate file that shows which costumes and characters you own, but this was like a register of all the available ones.

So by switching around say, Cammy and R Mika's references in this file, you could use Cammy's mesh instead of Mika's, or even swap out Cammy's character slot altogether for Mika's (although not sure why you would).

So now, for example, if you're using a mod which uses a costume other than the primary costume, you will now have to have that costume "entitlement". So for example if you couldn't be bothered grinding for FM and swapped Cammy's main with her Story mode costume that won't work anymore unless they replace this file.

Scotia

Banned
I would think so, but then again they gave away Guile's classic duds for free, sorta. I'm sure people would've paid for that.

Also, if they wanted to cash in on fans' nostalgia, then doing so while the characters are fresh & on everyone's minds would probably be the best time. They'd stand to make the most amount of sales then.

With Guile being a SF2 character and a fan classic, I feel there would be some backlash if it wasn't there, and if people want those costumes, then they'll get them whenever they come out.

Clawww

Man, the SF3 characters got fucked in the alternate costume department.

frankly, most of the alts are pretty lousy. juri seems like a winner. considering it took them like 4 months to make those day 1 alts available, I hope it won't be a long wait for another batch.

MrCarter

OMG Karin's beach stage theme is FANTASTC!

Capcom have done an amazing job on the OST and its up there with the best. Hope they get some recognition for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom