• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 releasing on November 11, is Game Informer's June cover

NateDog

Looking forward to it. Dishonored wasn't perfect but it had a real fresh feel to it IMO, loved my time with it.

I don't believe the release date, all games get delayed these days, but I can't wait to see some gameplay at E3. The first Dishonored was my 2012 GOTY by a mile.

120v

Dishonored should be fine for November... a bit of a gamble but the hype is going to be huge. It's a big IP now

Adnor

Banned
Cool. I'm playing the first game for the first time now and I'm really liking it, but I hope they add more non-lethal options in the sequel.

DNAbro

Dishonored 1 was my GOTY in 2012( i think that was when it came out) so super excited for this. For some reason I almost forgot about it lol

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! Can't wait to see this universe being explored further. Playing as Emily must be awesome.

I didn't see this cover coming. Those press sneak fucks.

I don't believe the release date, all games get delayed these days, but I can't wait to see some gameplay at E3. The first Dishonored was my 2012 GOTY by a mile.

Bethesda was the first publisher that announced a game and it released the same year as well, no delays. That was Fallout 4. It would be great if that happens again. It's possible.

taoofjord

I'm SO happy this is coming out this year. Dishonored is one of my all-time favorites (along with Bloodborne, System Shock 2, and Thief 2).

lcap

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????

This year? Really? Man, long time since I've been so surprised and happy at the same time.

Day zero. 2016 really is the year of my bankrupcy. So many games :)

Duraigo

Played the PS4 version late last year, and enjoyed it a lot. Can't wait to see the gameplay at E3. Also, bring back the main homeboy or I riot!
latest

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's all just a single image:

Code:
body {
	background: #000 url("http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/images/hubs/dishonored2/278-0616_dishonored2-bg.jpg") 50% 32px no-repeat;
}

Unfortunate.

Hoje0308

Banned
I really liked Dishonored, but I think I'll wait until January or February to pick this up. November is for all of the big, dumb online games I'll be playing with friends.

J3ffro

I played Dishonored in one sitting for the first Extra Life marathon I did. While I wouldn't recommend doing that, having a breakthrough moment of discovering that I could blink behind tallboys and put them down with a single swipe was more satisfying than anything I did finishing Bloodborne. I spent hours cowering from them, and now I dominated them.

I will be buying this day one for sure.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Day one no matter when it releases. Couldn't care less about the typical huge fall games, so this would be good for me.

JakR

Finally, I was waiting forever for Dishonored 2. :D

Loved the first game and the teaser last E3 hyped me to the moon and back.

November can not arrive fast enough. :)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Any info from the article? Been dying to hear more about this game after the gem that was the first.

Euron

I'm glad Dishonored 2 is releasing in November and I really hope they stick with the date. I'm tired of everything moving out of the way for Call of Duty. The holiday season is incredibly boring now because of it.
I think the trend of being afraid of CoD is starting to die down. Games are generally delayed because they're in need of additional development time and polish, which is why we're seeing so many 1-2 month delays this gen. I do hate the belief that a game needs to avoid CoD though. Holiday seasons are so boring for games if the only notable releases are CoD/Battlefield(front)/Ubisoft Open World Game.

On topic, I didn't really get too far with the first game but I found the concept to be quite interesting. Hopefully it actually hits the November 11th date.

-BLITZ-

The way Dishonored gives you the free manipulation of all that core content they created that was put in the game and further more when DLC come along, made to be one of the most fresh-memorable and unforgettable moments of joy this game gave to me, where most / or very few of the games today stand at their core the generic-structure that separates from the actual game concept and it's title, games that hard manage to reach the Dishonored status, a game which brings back the respecting laws of gaming of early 2000 era from which they are now considered Classic. The feelings where exactly old memories as when I was a kid and playing my first games and acknowledging all that new atmosphere experience.

The up-most respect to Dishonored team and glad I finally hear some great news from Dishonored 2. Can't wait to play with Emily.

I'm going straight to Corvo when I play, he was just too much fun and leaving Emily for the second playthrough seems best for me to revel in the old powers before checking out the new.

I just hope that they don't punish players with a bad ending for using the fun powers.

Oh, and bring back the science buddies.

Gurish

First was awesome, 2 requests:

Don't punish me for playing lethal, which is much more fun and satisfying in this game than non lethal, and please let this game at least look modern technicaly, means visuals, animations, decent motion capture etc, first one was a little roght.

breakfuss

The first game was excellent. Awesome story (aside from the underwhelming conclusion) and even better gameplay. I hope this actually makes it out this year.

A sequel to one of my favourite games of all time is equally worrying as it is exciting. I hope it can live up to the first.

Bad time to be releasing though wish it was the summer. Surely it's nother the type of game to need the Christmas boost.

thumb

Banned
Lol how is Corvo cool? He's not even a character, he's a floating camera with arms.

Indeed. He had zero personality. I'm excited to play Emily.

Hoping for a collector's edition with a gallon of whale oil and a vial of poison.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A sequel to one of my favourite games of all time is equally worrying as it is exciting. I hope it can live up to the first.

Bad time to be releasing though wish it was the summer. Surely it's nother the type of game to need the Christmas boost.

If they're releasing it in November they're presumably hoping to sell at least 5 million copies if not more.

10+ million is not an unusual target for a game in that month.

Top Bottom