• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 releasing on November 11, is Game Informer's June cover

If they're releasing it in November they're presumably hoping to sell at least 5 million copies if not more.

10+ million is not an unusual target for a game in that month.
How much did the first sell?

I know it was a hit but those numbers are much higher than I'd assume this franchise would go for.

The first was a solid 7/10 for me. Terrific stealth gameplay, underwhelming everything else. I'd like to see the sequel deliver a more interesting, less rote plot this time around, with some more varied environments to boot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How much did the first sell?

I know it was a hit but those numbers are much higher than I'd assume this franchise would go for.

I don't think Bethesda has ever dolled out numbers, but launch window sales were "far exceeding expectations". SteamSpy has the PC version at ~2.65m (~2.4m ROW + ~260k RU -- they're separate apps and both versions are 100% Steamworks).

Looking good. Hoping the amazing level/world design from the first game remains intact. Solved the first game with Blink only and zero kills.

Exactly. It would be nice if, this time around, we played as something other than your stock, non-existent, silent protagonist.

Did you ever play the DLC? Duad is a much stronger character than Corvo, with a real personality. Harvey Smith said that was something that wanted to carry over into Dishonored 2, so I know for damn sure Emily will be a more fleshed out character. Corvo is gonna talk, too.

jett

D-Member
So what's the deal with Prey 2? Is Arkane also making that or is it better to just forget about it?

Zaventem

Also i hope they don't split up retailer exclusives like how disguising they did last time. Shit turned me off so much i waited until the GOTY to get everything. I understand retailer incentives but THIS was way to much.

Amazon: Backstreet Butcher Pack

Bone Charm bonuses:

Fencer: Sword vs. sword advantage
Fire Water: Increased whiskey bottle explosions
Blast Resistant: Reduced explosive damage taken

Wolfhound in-game statue: +1 Bone Charm slot

500 bonus coins

Walmart: Acrobatic Killer Pack

Bone Charm bonuses:

Raven: Health bonus for drop-down assassinations
Quick Dodge: Bolt/arrow-dodging bonus
River Affinity: Increased swimming speed

Hagfish in-game statue: +1 Bone Charm slot

500 bonus coins

Best Buy: Shadow Rat Pack

Bone Charm bonuses:

Delicate Touch: Breaking glass noise reduction
Voyeur: Keyhole peeking magnification
Deep Breather: Underwater breathing capacity bonus

Golden Rat in-game statue: +1 Bone Charm slot

500 bonus coins

Whale Oil USB Lamp

GameStop: Arcane Assassin Pack

Bone Charm Bonuses:

Void Channel: Powers duration/damage bonus
White Rat Friend: White rats not hostile
Gutter Feast: White rat consumption for mana

Whale in-game statue: +1 Bone Charm slot

500 bonus coins

Tarot cards

I loved the warping mechanic from the first game but I hope this one sees a major expansion to its skill system similar to what Deus Ex: Mankind Divided seems to be getting. The basic gameplay loop was delightful but it got a little bit repetitive IMO.

Loved the first one! But here's my question: do I replay the first on PS3 or go ahead and buy the remaster on PS4? I think it's only 20 bucks.

ezekial45

Banned
GI also listed the voicecast for the game:

Vincent D'Onofrio

Character: Luca Abele, Duke of Serkonos
Best Known For: Daredevil (Wilson Fisk), Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Det. Robert Goren), Full Metal Jacket (Pvt. Pyle), Men In Black (Edgar)

Rosario Dawson

Character: Meagan Foster, Dreadful Wale Captain
Best Known For: Kids (Ruby), Sin City (Gail), Daredevil (Claire Temple), Deathproof (Abernathy), Seven Pounds (Emily Posa)

Pedro Pascal
Character: Paolo, Howler Gang Leader
Best Known For: Game of Thrones (Oberyn Martell), Narcos (Javier Pena), The Good Wife (Nathan Landry), The Mentalist (Agent Marcus Pike)

Sam Rockwell
Character: Mortimer Ramsey, Dunwall City Watch
Best Known For: Moon (Sam Bell), Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (Chuck Barris), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Zaphod Beeblebrox), Galaxy Quest (Guy Fleegman), The Green Mile (Wild Bill Wharton)

Jamie Hector
Character: Liam Byrne, Vice Overseer
Best Known For: The Wire (Marlo Stanfield), Heroes (Benjamin "Knox" Washington), Max Payne (Lincoln Deneuf), Bosch (Jerry Edgar), Halo: Reach (Emile)

Robin Lord Taylor
Character: The Outsider
Best Known For: Gotham (Oswald Cobblepot), Accepted (Abernathy Darwin Dunlap), Another Earth (Robert Williams)

Stephen Russell
Character: Corvo Attano
Best Known For: Thief (Garrett), Fallout 4 (Nick Valentine/Codsworth), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Prince Clavicus Vile/Mercer Frey)

Erica Luttrell
Character: Emily Kaldwin
Best Known For: The Magic School Bus (Keesha Franklin), Fallout 4 (Darla)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This year has too many good games. It's right when I'm at my busiest too. :(

I'm sitting here doing shit while I want to play XCOM 2, Dark Souls 3, and so on.

-BLITZ-

Whaaaaa...tt. Sam Rockwell in Dishonored ? Can't wait to hear is voice. :D

galaxy-quest-guy-fleegman-sam-rockwell-point.gif

Top Bottom