• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanashrew

Banned
RMiSXx0.png

Finally a good looking guy! But the girl tho. That haircut is incredibly cute and she is a cutie!

Regiruler

You can see Meowth in the JP trailer:

01-youtuben2oks.png

Not really an argument in favor of grids when R/S/E was one of the last compelling and non-railroaded grid overworlds we had. If the transition to 3D somehow makes it boring, it's a good thing they're trying something new.
It was a matter of difficulty, not overworld design.

And it felt immensely weak compared to DPPt.

Boney

Banned
I hope we get to go to Easter Isle for a side quest, that would be dope

There's no way they'll be able to fix that until there's new hardware. The Pokemon models have a very high polycount. There's actually some emulation happening getting X&Y to play at a higher definition and every Pokemon is as round as can be.
Woulda thunk they'd take advantage of New 3ds.

Kyzer

Banned
Who's directing?
Please be Morimoto
Please be Morimoto
Please be Morimoto
Please be Morimoto
Please be Morimoto
Please be Morimoto

High hopes.

WAIT A SECOND.

This engine.

This fucking ENGINE

Anyone notice that the Hawaiian professor sent out the Pokemon and they appeared in the overworld?

Wtf

This could be huge

Everythings to scale

Trainers are using battle engine like models

High hopes.

WAIT A SECOND.

This engine.

This fucking ENGINE

Anyone notice that the Hawaiian professor sent out the Pokemon and they appeared in the overworld?

Wtf

This could be huge

Everythings to scale

Trainers are using battle engine like models

Everything seems to be on scale. Which is a nice move forward.

Fuck I'm so happy. This is exactly how the series should progress after XY and ORAS. Those huge models and non tile-based overworld gives me so much hope.

You can see Meowth in the JP trailer:

01-youtuben2oks.png

Not really an argument in favor of grids when R/S/E was one of the last compelling and non-railroaded grid overworlds we had. If the transition to 3D somehow makes it boring, it's a good thing they're trying something new.

Sun/Moon confirmed for cutest mom.

So, most of the trailer has the trainer in a blue striped shirt, but if you pay attention there are a few scenes where his shirt has black stripes instead. Clothing customization confirmed?

Growlie19

Team Sun for sure. Still debating between Rowlet and Popplio. Might give the slight edge to Popplio though. Gotta keep the fire slot open in case Growlithe makes it into the regional dex.

Joqu

Was it really that hard to put customization in ORAS too? Their stylish Kalos argument or whatever doesn't hold up very well now

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm so glad that they dropped the chibi graphics for the overworld, now the whole game should match the artwork. Chibi was fine for the 2D games but it didn't really look right in 3D, not when they use different art in battles.

sgjackson

experience has taught me not to pick a starter until we know what final evos look like but this is my favorite set of starters in a vacuum since gen 4 probably

pokehawaii is cool, legendaries are whatever but i never really cared about them anyway

Okay, Rowlett and Popleo are both coming around for me. Starting to maybe edge out Litten. But on the other hand, I love cats. So it may never change.

Illucio

Banned
Litten looks the most promising from the starters. I like this set of starters more than the previous gen.

Well it's clearly Fire/Dark so I'm sure it will be interesting by the type alone.

But I don't know.. Litten just seems like it could end up like Fennekin and have that underwhelming final evolution. Granted I don't see what direction a owl can take in it's evolution or a seel.

I'm a little upset that the owl isn't based off a dinosaur of somekind. It just feels like all kind of wrong.

So who wants to take bets on where Alola is based on?

Coming from the name, I'm thinking Hawaii, but some of the glyphs and characters look very Maori to me so it could be New Zealand.

litten-large.png

Litten can attack with flaming hairballs! Its fur is rich in oils and immensely flammable. Litten grooms itself by licking its fur, and then uses the collected fur as fuel for fireball attacks!

lolwut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom