• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Starters Revealed. Releases November 18th 2016.

I LOVE Rowlet.

Popplio is ok, and I don't care for Litten.

My biggest gripe is they just kinda look more like normal wild pokemon, and less like starters if that makes sense. I've never thought that before, so I'm not sure what the cause is.
Rowlet isn't green enough and Litten isn't red enough?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Sudden thought: Give me a tiki pokemon, now is the time!

I think it's likely, and gonna be our first grass/fire type. I can see the requested Dolphin Pokemon finally making an appearance too. Based on the revealed designs alone, this gen has potential to rival Gen 6 for best dex.

I think you just sold me on Sun version. Saberleomon is the GOAT.

Only bancholeomon stands above saberleomon. Not really happy with what they showed. Customisation and the world itself seems great but all the pokemons revealed so far look average and doesn't look like a significant change from other 3ds Pokemon.

Aesnath

Well...that was unexpectedly satisfying. I'm really liking the starters and the overworld engine seems pretty nice. Also the legendaries look relatively good--and neither is likely to be dragon-typed!

I'm in.

Rowlet isn't green enough and Litten isn't red enough?

Maybe?

Not really sure TBH. I know with Litten I just don't care for the design as much, because I feel like that look has been played out too much. Lot's of fan art on Twitter with a slightly different art style and range of colors makes me like it though. But either way, it just isn't screaming 'starter'/iconic design.

Rafavert

I think it's likely, and gonna be our first grass/fire type. I can see the requested Dolphin Pokemon finally making an appearance too. Based on the revealed designs alone, this gen has potential to rival Gen 6 for best dex.

I hope they stick to Gen VI's design philosophy: few, but good (both design and competitive wise)

Kinsei

Banned
I hope they stick to Gen VI's design philosophy: few, but good (both design and competitive wise)

I'm the opposite. Gen 6 was a huge disappointment for me and the lack of new Pokemon played into that. I dislike mega evolutions so that didn't make up for it.

BiggNife

fennekin.jpg
>>>>
delphox.jpg

Nooo-Meme-21.jpg

Eh, Delphox is weird but she's not awful. And Braixen is cool, at least.

And also her key art is just awkward. She looks better in a normal pose.

Delphox_(dream_world).png

Chestnaught is def. worse imo

NEO0MJ

Only bancholeomon stands above saberleomon. Not really happy with what they showed. Customisation and the world itself seems great but all the pokemons revealed so far look average and doesn't look like a significant change from other 3ds Pokemon.

I hate Bancho, 3 edgy 5 me.

Mediking

Pokémon Moon.

Water starter hopefully leads to Water Dragon or Water Psychic.

Player customization is back.

Environments look fun to explore.

Battle Frontier is hopefully back.

I'm in. I'm so in.

Toxi

Banned
I blame Dark Souls
Even Dark Souls hardly is strict. The second game has the Guardian Dragon boss and the third game has the Dragon Barracks of Lothrick.

It's clear in the games that wyverns are something different from the Everlasting Dragons, but they're still conceptually dragons, just a different interpretation of them.

Galava

Remember we still have Corocoro in a few days. We might get some new screens, legendary typing... Not "new info" though, wouldn't expect it.

Seil

Not really.

The problem seems to rest with people who think the mythological dragon was some standard concept. It wasn't. You look at medieval artwork, you'll see anything from limbless snake-like dragons to two-legged two-winged dragons to four-limbed flightless dragons to the "conventional" design.

The wyvern is a more specific concept... A two-legged, two-winged dragon. It's only more recently the idea of the wyvern being separate from dragons started showing up in certain pop cultural works like Dungeons and Dragons.

While not observed everywhere, the distinction between wyverns and dragons actually goes back a few hundred years in some countries. And that'd be excluding bestiaries, but those tend to be all over the place anyway.

The fact is, there is a distinction that has been recognized for quite some time. It's not always adhered to, but it's there. We could go back and forth for ages, bringing up sources and whatnot, but I've said my piece.

SeZMehK

Since we know that one of them is grass/flying. The fire one should have a subtype that is weak to flying and the water one should have a subtype that is strong to flying...

Coffinhal

Even that's generous. Besides showing the box legendaries, I'm pretty sure almost all the ingame footage is from just the first town, up until you pick your starter and the rival battle afterwards. The only other part I could see being further along is the street/buildings shot, which, going off of the region/island shot, is right near the starting town anyway. That's an hour of gameplay at most.

I usually enjoy the first hour for three good hours, trying to build a small team to get the first badge. I truly believe that the best hours of every good video games, especially open worlds, are the first three to six hours.

I did an unintentional blackout with B/W-2 and these were the games I enjoyed the most, especially given that there weren't any of the old Pokémon. They spoil too much during their media planning since they release footage every month.

Here I just need not to look at the Pokémon news on gaming websites and the Pokémon gaf threads. I hope they don't throw some of it in their E3 conference though.

Joqu

All I really want from gen VII is less linearity than Unova and Kalos (islands are probably a good opportunity for this so we seem to be good there), and a decent challenge. Wish we could just have challenge mode as a default thing.

gardfish

I usually enjoy the first hour for three good hours, trying to build a small team to get the first badge. I truly believe that the best hours of every good video games, especially open worlds, are the first three to six hours.

I did an unintentional blackout with B/W-2 and these were the games I enjoyed the most, especially given that there weren't any of the old Pokémon. They spoil too much during their media planning since they release footage every month.

Here I just need not to look at the Pokémon news on gaming websites and the Pokémon gaf threads. I hope they don't throw some of it in their E3 conference though.

You're in luck, there is no E3 conference!

Yes. We see the option to choose skin color in the Japanese trailer and we see the guy trainer with two different shirts on.

Excellent.

Maybe I'll buy another Pokemon game.

Really wish they took the Digimon route and it sorta grew up with me. Cyber Sleuth was exactly what I wanted in a game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The starter look okay but I would need to see their evolution and typing to decide where I stand with them.

Anyway since I am getting both version I will be using both Rowlet and Popplio, but my real starter will be Charmander.

Joqu

And yeah, starters have really grown on me. Legends not so much. But that's okay, I never care much for those anyway.

Xerneas and Yveltal were really nice though.

I wonder if like Hoenn there will be a random ice cave just to include ice pokemon in the game since Hawaii isn't really known for its artic climate. Poor ice type always getting the short end of the stick.

Ranmo

I kind of like the grass and water starters. Half adorable, half meh. I will be optimistic about their evolutions though. They might be really cool...maybe...hopefully.

Top Bottom